August 27, 2014 | 1733 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Glassy Gloss

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2005 10:19:00 AM More reviews by quickdrawmcgraw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes, the taste is a lot like industrial plastic sheeting, but for a clear gloss this shiny and high-powered and CHEAP I can't really bring myself to care. (I'm not really a lip licker, either, which helps.) I actually like the packaging just fine (although I will be careful to avoid subjecting it to stress-- thanks for the warning, Bubblishxtrem); I find the tube design convenient and haven't had any issues with too much gloss coming out at once. Looks awesome and it stays on forever and ever! What a find.
UPDATE: This dries out my lips like a mofo. Applying lip balm beforehand seems to do nothing. Am knocking off one lipstick as penalty.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Bubblishxtrem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Sun Glaze, love the color! I really didn't like it when I accidently tasted it, it takes plastic. And the stickiness is so gooey. It lasts long, almost half a day or so. But after a while, my tube busted. It oozed out in my purse, and messed it up. The packaging really does suck. Great for the price and everything...but only if the tube doesn't bust so easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Bubblishxtrem

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2005 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Liliana_18

i have this in clear and overall its a good gloss.even though its thick n goopy,it didnt feel nasty on my lips compared to the feeling i get from other thick glosses.i wanna try this in other colors,but havent brought myself to it.i took off a lippy cuz the gloss kept overflowing right outta the tube and kept making a sticky mess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 6:24:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is no better or worse than the other syrupy, goopy glosses out there, like Lancome's Juicy Tubes. Even the tube is the same. I did not experience burning or stinging, and the taste of this is very faint, so you get a bit more of a chemical tatste than when you use Lancome. Candy Glaze is almost a clear gloss with just a bit of pink shimmer. No one will know this is cheap stuff when you are wearing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2005 12:03:00 AM More reviews by cheesysmile1212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I fell for the whole "it's like MAC, only 1/10th the price" thing. I liked this at first, but lately when I put it on my lips it stings. That's so weird for a lip gloss! I got scared and am going to throw it away. I like the WnW l/s, but like I said...unexpected tingling is scary.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Sumnerfan

I got this in Sun Glaze the color is a warm coppery color in the tube but looks more peachy on the lip. The packaging is average, it's a plastic tube with a screw on lid. What I don't like about this is the way this feels on, it's sticky and makes me feel like I have wet glue on my lips. I wanted shine which I got but not a gummy feeling lip. I would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2005 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mulove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from a swap in 314 Sugar Glaze. I always wanted to try this out, but just never got around to buy it myself. Sugar Glaze is a opalescent peachy+nude color with shimmer. When applied to my semi pigmented lips, it gives me sheer shimmery peach nude wash. I like the texture. Unlike some of other reviewers, I don't find this sticky at all. It has gel like consistency just like it says on the tube. The tube is huge and I don't know when I'll be done with it. It claims to give you "ultimate long-wearing", but it lasts okay on me. It's easy to reapply and it doesn't give me a ring on my lips, so I really don't mind reapplying. I like this a lot and I can't wait to try on other shades. I think this is one of those hit or miss item, but for this price, try it and see it for yourself. Even if you don't like it you won't be that sorry about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2004 9:18:00 PM More reviews by TrizyDLuX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty thin gloss formulation. I like my glosses thicker for more staying power. There are a lot of d/s glosses that I like better than these - for instance Revlon Super Lustrous or even Black Radiance. Both those have thick textures and a wand applicator which is better than the tube of W'n'W glassy gloss. I agree with the other reviewers that the hole in the tube, combined with the thin texture makes it hard to control the amount of gloss that comes out. Thumbs down from me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2004 5:08:00 PM More reviews by AndiSue1970

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gloss is way too sticky and tacky! It kept getting caught in my hair. I had the clear (Reflection). It was long lasting which was a plus, but I won't be buying this again.