April 16, 2014 | 1886 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a very specific use for this wonderful lotion. First off, I've never used this on my face. I know that it works great for other people, but I have very sensitive skin and a 10% glycolic worries me. I use it as a body lotion. Every 4 days, I scrub my body with a scrub. I love the way my skin feels, but I like physical AND chemical exfoliation. The scrub helps to keep my skin glowing and fresh, but I worry about ingrown hairs and extra little bits of dead skin that might be leftover. That's where this comes in. I always use a body lotion, but this is my treatment lotion. I slather it on after scrubbing and my skin is so wonderful for it. It's a combination that gives me deep exfoliation and isn't too harsh for my sensitive skin. My skin looks like it's lit from within, my freckles are kept at bay, and my KP is barely noticeable. Very happy with the results. While it's kind of expensive to use as a body lotion, I only use it 2-3 times a week. So I can justify the price. Definitely something that I will keep around.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is very oily. Within an hour after moisturizing and makeup, my oil takes up an entire blot sheet. I also have many blackheads on my nose. I used to use pore strips every week to just help with the blackhead problem, but it wouldn't get rid of all of them. All the blackheads would just come back within a few days. Other than the oiliness and blackheads, I rarely get pimples or breakouts. I use this lotion after DDF Glycolic Toner every night. I don't use this in the daytime because I don't want to use a product with glycolic acid while out in the sun. The first night I used this lotion, it felt like my face was on FIRE. I wanted to wash my face immediately because it hurt so badly. I don't have sensitive skin and I've never had this type of reaction to anything before. I waited it out for a few minutes and eventually, the pain went away. The next day, my face was so ITCHY and it was so hard not to scratch myself. I had small red bumps all along my jawline and my cheeks. My skin has never had bumps before. My skin was also DRY on my cheeks and around my mouth. My skin has never been dry in my life. I've always known my skin to be super oily. I knew it was this lotion that was causing the itchiness, dryness, and bumps but I kept using it almost every night (since my skin was getting dry and flaky, I used a regular moisturizer instead some nights). I knew if I started using glycolic acid that my skin would need to go through some changes and get used to it. Well, it's three weeks later and my skin looks the best I've ever seen it. I don't get the burning sensation anymore. My face doesn't have any red bumps anymore (those lasted around a week). My face doesn't itch anymore (itchy for about a week). However, it does get a little dry on some parts now, but that's nothing a heavier moisturizer can't fix at those spots. Blackheads don't come back after using pore strips! My skin is still very oily, but I think this helped a little with the oil production. I didn't get any major breakouts (purging) from this lotion. I got 2 pimples from this, which isn't bad. I was kind of expecting worse. This lotion is amazing. I got this on sale for $5 and I would be willing to pay at least $50 for it. I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by estherha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of all the reviews on MUA. I thought it would help get rid of my acne, but it didn't. It did however make my skin smoother, and made my skin color more even. I had little bumps on my cheeks, and some rough patches, but this lotion helped with that. I have oily skin, but I got the lotion instead of the creme (the lotion is for dry skin, creme for oily) because I thought this would dry out my skin. The lotion is a bit too oily for me, so if you have very oily skin like me, I would suggest the creme over the lotion. I only use this at night because this lotion doesn't go well with my makeup. You can tell I have makeup on when I use this lotion underneath. I've only used this for about a month, and I'm going to try it out for a bit longer and see if it helps with my acne. I'll update if it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mcgrath1375

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion. I have suffered from Acne my entier life, and have some hyperpigmentation from it. My skin tone was dull and uneven and spotted. I was on Accutane once and my skin looked wonderful. Since then, I had a bad winter battling hormonal acne around my chin, and I didn't want to go as far as to go on the meds again.

I use this lotion at night time and it is slowly giving me a new glowing complextion. When I do get a new breakout, it goes away much faster. I don't even have to apply rentin-a or a mask to it. It naturally exfoliates enough without being too harsh. The price is amazing. I am interested in seeing if this will help dimish the look of Stretch marks as well, since it is a gentle exfoliator.

Message me if you have used it for SM. In any case, it seems like this product has been around for a while, and it hasn't changed. It looks like there are woman in generations above me that are happy with the results long-term. I think I am sold forever. This is the only product in the Alpha Hydrox line that I have tried, but could be pursuaded to buy more if anyone has recommendations.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

I absolutely love this product it works wonders. I'll worship Neoteric cosmetics forever for making affordable AHA products. I was looking for something to prevent future wrinkles and improve my acne prone skin. I researched around and picked the enhanced lotion for it's reasonable price, 10% AHA, and you get the most for your money at 6 oz when other companies are asking $20 or more for 1 oz treatments. I was totally sold. I've used it this past month and already my skin tone is more even, less breakouts, and blackheads are gone. I can go outside without putting on makeup. Seriously it's that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by lisahmad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is AWESOME. Ok ..its not a miracle product and no product out there (La Mer included) is. But for the $$, its a home run for sure. I've used high end products like SKI II, Estee, Chanel and Lancome and they are expensive and good. This lotion is cheap and good. I have OILY skin but this lotion (even tho it says FOR DRY SKIN TYPE) is exactly right for my face. I use it at night under my moisturizer and in the day under my sunscreen. I've waited 4 weeks before writing this review because I want to make sure I see results before I do this. My blotchiness/redness has gone down TREMENDOUSLY and my skin tone is really even now; I can see less defined number 11 (between my eyebrows) and overall, I see clarity and a more CLEAN face. I used it on my rough patches on my elbows and it has helped PLENTY to soften the area; I used it on my back when i get occassional pimple-ish spots and it helped those too. I will definitely buy more boxes of this when I get to my nearest ULTA shop. The downside? Packaging is HORRID - but hey, thats why its so cheap, right? I am all for that =) highly recommended!!

Oh and I need to add: PLEASE use sunscreen after you use this product - you should use sunscreen with high SPF regardless, but especially after using AHA products - if you don't you might end up with red blotchy damaged skin!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by tapasnut

This is a terrific product that I can't live without. I use 3-4x per week at night and it leaves me with the softest, break-out free skin imaginable. Before I started using this product, I would get regular clogged pores and break-outs. But, I've been using this for a couple years and my skin has changed to completely clear. It also seems to help with signs of aging since my skin looks healthier and younger than years ago. For a miracle product (for me) it is an amazing deal at about $10 per bottle. I actually like the texture of the lotion better than the souffle (which also works well) and prefer this lotion to pricier AHAs I've tried. I haven't seen this at any drugstores in my area so usually purchase from neoteric cosmetics's website, which has monthly coupons and specials.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by mikesgirl1990

Love this....great price, excellent feel on skin- no breakouts. Have repurchased twice!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

With this review, I continue my raves for the Alpha Hydrox line. I switched from the 10% cream and 12% souffle simply because the lotion gives you more bang for your buck---6 ounces for about $11. That's three times as much product for the same price. That means I can apply it on my face, neck, chest and hands, and this will still last a long time because a little goes a long way.

As far as performance, my review for the lotion is the same as for the cream, which to me is exactly the same but with a slightly thicker texture. This stuff definitely stings for the first 10 minutes or so, but it's so worth it. Though I still need BHA's for mild/moderate acne, the AHA has definitely helped and certainly not hurt. My skin is much brighter, smoother, glowy, and even-toned since I started using AHA's. So even if I have a breakout, my skin still looks nicer than it otherwise would. Scars and marks have definitely faded, too.

The lotion isn't heavy or greasy. Yet it is definitely moisturizing, for me better at nighttime. All in all, an excellent product at an excellent value.
EDIT OK, so I took a break from this and noticed upon resuming that I've been getting more pimples when using this. About two per use. Thought it wasn't a big deal, but I've gotten a couple of large, swollen pimples. Sadly, I have to stop using this.But since I only use this once a week or two, and the results are otherwise great, so I will probably continue using. BUT If it doesn't break you out, I highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Monique372

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It is the perfect combination of PH level and glycolic acid that really exfoliates nicely and gives you a nice glow.