December 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by jmichelel83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite facial lotion for two reasons. First, it smooths out my skin and gets rid of fine lines making me look younger than people my age. Second, it helps keep my skin clear by exfoliation. This enables my acne medication (2.5% benzoyl peroxide) to penetrate the pores. I also don't get flaky skin anymore from the medication because of this lotion. I still use a physical exfoliating scrub to get rid of some dry skin so my makeup goes on smooth. It's very important to wear sunscreen with this lotion especially in the summer otherwise you can damage your skin and end up looking older in the long run. I hope they never discontinue this line. I naturally have very oily skin but the alpha hydrox lotion paired with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cuts the oil down significantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ef604

Sale alert : $4.99 on www.neotericcosmetics.com.

I totally stocked up! This is HG.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

woke up with smoth soft skin. I can only use it at night because it is a bit oily on my oliy skin. Hasn't made my ance prone skin break out and only cost $14 at walgreens.

Update: This is a good place to start before moving on to higher % AHA's

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horrible product, even though I do like most glycolic acid products, this was not one of them. I should have taken a closer look at the ingredients, but didn't do so until after I put this lotion on my face and it started to BURN like fire. It wasn't because I wasn't used to glycolic acid because I was, and have used products with the same amount of glycolic acid as this. I rinsed this off fast, and took a look at the ingredient list and saw that this contained Ammonium Hydroxide (yuck! ammonia!), and when I brought this back to Ulta they kindly allowed me to exchange it for something else and they told me that Ammonium Hydroxide is used to neutralize the lotion. Well, I looked up this ingredient and most people seem to have little or no reaction to this, but there are some people who do have an adverse reaction to ammonium hydroxide in cosmetics. I think the reason it is cheaper is because they use cheaper ingredients in conjunction with the glycolic acid. I most definitely don't recommend this to people, as there are FAR FAR better glycolic acid products out there such as Reviva and Peter Thomas Roth!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by marissamusic12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF. I have hormonal acne that I haven't been able to control that well and I get about three cysts around "that time" that leave behind red marks. Using this stuff twice a day every day has helped to fade those marks in about two-three weeks. Mind you, I mix this in with a separate moisturizer as I don't find it to be very moisturizing on its own. I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to brighten up their complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by kitkatana182

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was expecting a moisturizing lotion but this ended up making my skin sting after putting it on. I guess its my fault as I should have researched this product a little more before assuming that it was actually a lotion. My skin felt tight and dry after using it and I ended up returning it within a week of purchase. I also broke out in tiny pimples and then three cystic pimples which did not make me happy. I always read great reviews for these products but I guess they may just not be for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by christa365

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went all over town looking for this stuff before finally finding it at Ulta. I have to say, it is pretty great. I was worried that it would dry out my skin or burn, and surprisingly, it does neither. It didn't force me to add lotion to my regimen (which is great because I still haven't found a lotion that doesn't break me out). I put it on at night, and in the morning, my skin looks much smoother and clearer and fresher. Good stuff. I'm 31, and this makes me look about 3 years younger. The wrinkles on my forehead are even diminished.

I haven't found it to be the miracle cure all for acne that other's claim. It smooths the texture and seems to get rid of the little bumps, but it does nothing for the blackheads and I think it even gives me 10% more zits. It has silicone in it, which seems a little nefarious. That said, my skin looks brighter and younger when I use this, so I'm not complaining.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ShailahJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good AHA product. When I put it on at night, my skin looks so smooth the next morning! I docked a lippie because it makes my skin burn just a little after application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I have to say that after faithfully using AH products for nearly ten years now, I was eager to try this lotion. I must confess that I was surprised at the way it seems to prickle and tingle when it first goes on, due to the glycolic elements no doubt. However, I would like to think that after all the heavy duty face peels and other AHA, BHA, retin A and other treatments, that my skin is pretty strong. Amazingly, not with this OTC product. That said, the lotion feels great once on the face and after the initial tingling, it makes the skin glow and feel so soft and smooth. I love the cleanser and Souffle which has 2% more glycolic acid than this lotion and interestingly does not prickle as much. Overall, a very good lotion that really works to smooth the skin and take away minor lines and wrinkles. Final word of recommendation: WEAR AT LEAST 30 spf sunscreen when using this or any of the other AH products, that's a must!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by tammcsny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This ruined my skin.. Literally. Never Again.