April 21, 2014 | 1214 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupisfunyeah

like the conditioner, I absolutely HATE this Shampoo! Greasy Build up, and no lather unless you use about 1/4 cup with every shampoo.
What a waste of money!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by sureleey

Good thing I have a good conditioner (Biolage) to make up for this bad shampoo. It smells good but dries out my hair and makes my scalp itchy. I would not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by roycolleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair dresser recommended thisi product to me for my long, think and slightly wavy hair. I complained about how long it took me to dry it, so she told me about Super Skinny. Sounded like a good product for me! My hair is inherently dry because of it's coarse texture and because it is thick. This shampoo made my hair feel like straw and knocked no more than 5 minutes off of my hair drying time. It just made my hair feel dry and damaged. Plus I had to use so much product to lather my hair it is certainly not economical. I am really into how my hair feels to the touch; whether it is soft and tangle-free. With Super Skinny, my hair was neither. I had to use a TON of silk therapy to make my hair manageable.
I gave it 1 star because I thought the smell was great. Leave this shampoo on the shelf of your salon.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2007 11:23:00 AM More reviews by babii12987

I really don't understand why people think this is a bad product. It works great for me, & smells great. Try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2007 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Bellla

This is a bad drugstore shampoo with a professional label and price. I got the conditioner to go with it. Dried my hair out so bad in 1 week I don't know what I will do. Yet left a greasy residue at the scalp as one previous reviewer said. Almost like it doesn't really clean, but leaves a film on the hair. Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have straight shoulder length fine hair, but lots of it. Its also quite dry from many years of colouring/hair straightening. Like many people here, as i love the skinny serum i thought i would try this skinny shampoo and cond combo. Firstly the shampoo was soo hard to lather. Then when i dried my hair it felt so WIERD. It felt dry but at the same time oily and greasy at the roots especially. Like it had some sort of coating on it and felt so heavy and lifeless. Ewwww!!!! My hair doesnt look any straighter or shinier. I had to wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo a couple of times and now i dont want this stuff anywhere near me!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by silvstargrl

I absolutely love this product! I got my hair chemically straightened and this product helps me keep it that way for a longer period of time. I like how the shampoo is clear, because I heard that thicker and not clear shampoos are really bad for your hair. It keeps my hair squeaky clean and smelling really nice.
The only downside is the packaging. The opening is not as efficient as other shampoos I've used.
I would definitely recommend it to people who want/have straight hair and want to keep it that way.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by imnotshelley

I have straight, normal-to-fine hair in very good condition (usually silky and fairly shiny) that I dye on a semi-regular basis, i.e. every other month or so. I got this in a full-size set with the Super Skinny Daily Treatment conditioner. All the details of the product were great - a fresh apple-y scent and nice slim sleek packaging that doesn't take up all the space in my shower and features a one-push flip top. That however, is where the good things end. In terms of performance, this shampoo does not work very well. It did not make my hair any straighter than other shampoos and did not lather well. Since my hair is in good condition, most shampoos (even drugstore brands) work pretty well but this one was one of the worst I've tried and it's a salon line! My hair was flat and limp after using which I attribute to it leaving residue on my hair. Will not repurchase or ever recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by nowornever56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well I have the super skinny hair straightener, and I assumed that since it was so amazing, maybe the products that went along with it would be equally amazing. Nope. You have to use A LOT of shampoo for it to do anything, I am talking like, entire handful, and with how expensive it is, it is not very practical. Also, unless I let my hair air dry, my hair still ends up EXTREMELY frizzy which is why I started using this in the first place...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2007 7:23:00 AM More reviews by espalier

I have never written a review before until writing about the shampoo (and conditioner). I absolutely HATE this shampoo! I have given it a few chances and I have now placed it on my dining room table to be taken BACK to the store for an exchange! It made my thick hair thicker and the build-up is awful! Just be safe and go with another!