September 2, 2014 | 1917 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

This smells like the late 80's to me, more specifically, Bloomingdales NY, late 80's. i worked a mu counter and thought this scent was tres chic cause I was a young thing, and it was at the time. I truly liked it a lot and could wear any perfume of the day as I had all those counters to sample for free. Not saying it still isn't chic, I think this is a very we;; done scent, smells sophisticated to this day. But have you ever had a time and place ruin a scent for you? The association is too strong, Fendi, and Obsession have been similarly ruined for same reason.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by xCocoChanelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My all time favourite perfume, ever! Such a classy, spicy, beautiful perfume. It's the kind of perfume where someone can walk past you and instantly you will recognise the smell. It's unlike any other.
Lasts all day, i can spray a little bit on in the morning and still smell it on my skin at the end of the day, and even the next morning.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a parfum which my boyfriend loved but I personally hated it. He bought it for me as a birthday present and I tried really hard to like it. However, it didnīt do. It reminds me of an old woman with a fur coat and pearls. Very decadent and old fashioned. It didnīt go with me at all. We were like oil and water, we couldnīt go well together. I finally gave it to my mum because I couldnīt stand it on me anymore. Moreover, if I notice someone is wearing it while Iīm in the tube or in the bus, I have to move because I feel sick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by HelenaS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Coco is one of my favorite scents. It smells rich, warm, extravagant, and complex. It lasts and lasts. I have the EDT spray and one blast of that is more than enough for the entire day. In fact, I have to hold the bottle rather far away from my body or else I find it is simply too much. However, I love it. It is womanly, elegant, and brings to mind images of autumn nights with crackling fires and snifters of brandy in expensive drawing rooms. I always feel a little aristocratic when I wear Coco. :) I mostly use it in the colder months, because it just feels like a winter scent to me, and it is so strong. It really wears well when it's cooler outside. It is at its best right after Thanksgiving, when the temperatures drop to freezing and the holiday season begins. The scent is so spicy and rich that it truly brings the holidays to mind for me. However, I do want to spring for the lotion sometime for use in the warmer weather, because sometimes I just get a craving for Coco even when it is the middle of summer!

I gave the bottle design a 4 because it just blasts so much out. I wish it would spritz, rather than hose me with a blast of scent!

Other than that...Coco is in my fragrance wardrobe forever. I would go so far to say that it is my signature scent. I haven't found another that I like as much, even though I do wear other scents at other times of the year, as mentioned above. But nothing is as good as Coco!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by subhuman85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, how I wish young women would take the original Coco for a spin instead of insisting on some variation of Chance or Mademoiselle. Coco is both richer, sweeter (in a plummy, dried fruit way, rather than candied or syrupy), denser, and more classically feminine than Mademoiselle, and far more sophisticated (and thus more interesting) than Chance and its Fraiche/Tendre spawn. And yet, it's not at all too "old-fashioned" for a girl in her 20s to pull off. Quite the opposite: This is a lovely, warm, elegant scent that enhances the aura of any woman, of any age, who wears it. Powdery and floral, with hints of orange and plum and a a dash of spice and amber to keep it firmly in the oriental mode, and a wonderful base of sweet leather, vanilla, and warming patchouli that blends effortlessly with the skin. Coco develops at a relaxed pace - the top/middle/base progression isn't over within a half hour, typical of so many modern perfumes - and it never shouts or sears your nostrils. It fits like a warm cashmere sweater on a cold day, but in the summer heat the spice and musk get ramped up and it turns into a more sensual (but still elegant) creature. Coco is a pleasure to sniff at every stage of its development, smells exquisitely well-crafted and of high quality, and is simply worlds better than most of the bestsellers in the ladies' department. Don't let its 1984 release date put you off: Real, honest-to-goodness perfumes like Coco are long overdue for a comeback. With all of your friends spraying Ralph Lauren this or Burberry that, wearing Coco will make you the hippest kid on the block.

37 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I really have to agree that Coco is the most beautiful Fragrance ever created.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Maggiesmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I've had this since its debut in 1984. Ultrasexy, even more if you use it in SMALL doses. Spray it on cotton then dab to your pulse points, ladies.

I love wearing it with a tee and jeans--contradictory, u see (just like I would wear something delicate at night. Or this but put on early enough so all you have is the drydown at night).

Btw--the dominant scent is frangipani, not vanilla. And also-the EDP is the original formula. after that i'd recommend the edt, soap, then the parfum (oddly, a little soapy).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Coco reminds me of my mother (in a good way). Love it for winter mostly, just a spritz lasts for ages even through a wash!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I don't know why, but this perfume has always given me a headache.

I know a lot of people like it, but its not for me. Its very sweet smelling to the point of being overpowering, and very strong so you can overdue it easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SugarMakeup

This has been my HG of fragrances since it came out in the 80's. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Coco! Classic scent. Some talk about it fading away to nothing. NOT TRUE!! Even if you can't smell it on yourself other people will notice. People hug me at work and inhale deeply, then say "I just had to smell you."
For those who have tried Coco Mademoiselle and didn't care for it, Please try this classic version! Totally different world! I have and wear the Parfume and the EDP all year around, morning and night!