April 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by subhuman85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, how I wish young women would take the original Coco for a spin instead of insisting on some variation of Chance or Mademoiselle. Coco is both richer, sweeter (in a plummy, dried fruit way, rather than candied or syrupy), denser, and more classically feminine than Mademoiselle, and far more sophisticated (and thus more interesting) than Chance and its Fraiche/Tendre spawn. And yet, it's not at all too "old-fashioned" for a girl in her 20s to pull off. Quite the opposite: This is a lovely, warm, elegant scent that enhances the aura of any woman, of any age, who wears it. Powdery and floral, with hints of orange and plum and a a dash of spice and amber to keep it firmly in the oriental mode, and a wonderful base of sweet leather, vanilla, and warming patchouli that blends effortlessly with the skin. Coco develops at a relaxed pace - the top/middle/base progression isn't over within a half hour, typical of so many modern perfumes - and it never shouts or sears your nostrils. It fits like a warm cashmere sweater on a cold day, but in the summer heat the spice and musk get ramped up and it turns into a more sensual (but still elegant) creature. Coco is a pleasure to sniff at every stage of its development, smells exquisitely well-crafted and of high quality, and is simply worlds better than most of the bestsellers in the ladies' department. Don't let its 1984 release date put you off: Real, honest-to-goodness perfumes like Coco are long overdue for a comeback. With all of your friends spraying Ralph Lauren this or Burberry that, wearing Coco will make you the hippest kid on the block.

36 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I really have to agree that Coco is the most beautiful Fragrance ever created.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Maggiesmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I've had this since its debut in 1984. Ultrasexy, even more if you use it in SMALL doses. Spray it on cotton then dab to your pulse points, ladies.

I love wearing it with a tee and jeans--contradictory, u see (just like I would wear something delicate at night. Or this but put on early enough so all you have is the drydown at night).

Btw--the dominant scent is frangipani, not vanilla. And also-the EDP is the original formula. after that i'd recommend the edt, soap, then the parfum (oddly, a little soapy).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Coco reminds me of my mother (in a good way). Love it for winter mostly, just a spritz lasts for ages even through a wash!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I don't know why, but this perfume has always given me a headache.

I know a lot of people like it, but its not for me. Its very sweet smelling to the point of being overpowering, and very strong so you can overdue it easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SugarMakeup

This has been my HG of fragrances since it came out in the 80's. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Coco! Classic scent. Some talk about it fading away to nothing. NOT TRUE!! Even if you can't smell it on yourself other people will notice. People hug me at work and inhale deeply, then say "I just had to smell you."
For those who have tried Coco Mademoiselle and didn't care for it, Please try this classic version! Totally different world! I have and wear the Parfume and the EDP all year around, morning and night!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by kdm1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Classic fragrance. I'd say this fragrance and Chanel No. 5 have to be two essential fragrances for a perfume collector.
I love it. I feel elegant and "polished" when I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this scent, but it does not stay perfection on me for long. It fades and turns totally "meh." Due to the cost, I need it to last. So I've rated it 5 (it's perfection, and I want to cry when I think of how fast it fades) but wouldn't buy it again for that reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by fergiefergie

Coco, oh, Coco, how I love you. It was love at first sniff. My sister sent me a deluxe sample of it in 1985 right after I finished college (I was 24). It is my holy grail of fragrances. If I were forced to pick only one frag out of my collection to keep for eternity, it would be Coco. Hands down. I wear it Fall and Winter, both for day and especially for evening.

It has been described well here by reviewers -- rich, elegant, sophisticated, confident. It starts off with spices, amber, warm, rich peach, and some carnation thrown in at first. The middle is where the rose comes in, complete with the moist, fresh earth still clinging to its roots. The dry-down is softer, the rose dies down some, and the carnation and warm peach come back into play. Simply stunning.

My skin is a devourous monster of fragrance, so I lean towards the stronger scents. (If you have this problem too, spray scent in your hair as well.) Coco has good lasting power on me. You can catch whiffs of it in your hair the next morning and faintly on your clothes. The intoxicating scent takes you by surprise the next day and makes your heart skip a beat. Man, I love this stuff. A one-of-a-kind true masterpiece, just like the lady whose name it bears. I am proud to wear it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

I love this fragrance. It is delicious. I thought that something like this would be more for the older more mature market, so when I recently went on a quest to find my Chanel fragrance, I tried the various editions of Chance and Mademoiselle, and I didn't really sniff this. I decided to try it on a whim today and I have been sniffing my arm all day. I love it. It is a rich, sweet delicious scent that has developed into something fabulous. It started off slightly soapy on me, but within the first 10 minutes it really settled into my skin and was a rich amber warmth. The base nose is sweet warm vanilla. Love it. Definitely going to purchase it.