August 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

Blush - MAC - Cubic

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2007 9:22:00 AM More reviews by hulmerac

I bought this blush when it was recommended to me by a MA in the store. It was my staple blush for about a year - I wore it every day, based on the fact it was the only blush I owned.

Lately I've been looking into new blushes, as I found this one was not giving me what I was looking for - it did not "brighten" my face, nor did the blush last very long on my skin (only until lunch hour). I had to really layer it on in the morning, which was annoying, plus it gives a ruddy look when applied too heavily.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by avantgardelovers

this was my first blush purchase, i think when i was a freshman in hs, and i wore it everyday for maybe a year or so. it was very natural. however after i started using other blushes i realized it didn't do much for me, not brightening of the face or anything. it's a good blush though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite MAC blushes. I've repurchased Cubic several times. I love the packaging of MAC's blushes and you get a lot of bang for your buck. This color is so pretty on me. Gives a natural flush and it seems to melt into my skin instead of sitting on top of my skin like a lot of other blushes. It's so silky and it blends so easily. LOVE Cubic!

7/11/08 update: While I still think this is a great blush, I think NARS blushes are amazing and I'll never go back to MAC for blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I basically suck at blush and don't wear it much mostly because alot of blushes I have tried bring out the redness in my PPP skin. I got Cubic and just put it away and didnt bother ot use it for about a month but then one day I wanted a soft neutral pink tones blush to go with my soft neutral pink lips when I was making myself up...so I grabbed this and Tenderling...this one won out and I used it. I was SHOCKED, it looked GOOD, it looked GREAT actually and Ive only had that happen with one other blush. Cubic is the perfect natural looking pink for me, it just smoothed perfectly onto my cheeks and didnt bring out any redness at all. It just looked awesome and not to blushy, just nice and natural. I love it swipped on my apples and up with theBalm mini kabuki brush and my favorite highlighter MAC Lightscapade MSF. This isent like an eye catching color when you go to the counter but its so pretty and natural on I am just to pleased to have found it! Its become a HG! Amazing because before Cubic I didnt really care to wear blush all that much. Awesome product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by christina74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is my HG of blush, no GLITTER crap...gives me great color on my white winter skin, and also on my tanned summer skin. I've told all my friends to get this color..love it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Cubic is a great everyday blush for me. It's subtle, without shimmer so that makes it a no-brainer. It's very warm toned and as long as I apply it with a careful hand, it makes me look natural and as if I've gotten a bit of sun. Overall excellent and I would repurchase.For reference, I'm a M.A.C. NW20 with freckles and hazel eyes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by meriteas

ABOUT ME: Gray eyes and dark brown hair. My skin tone is neutral - I'm a BB beige, PX Vellum, Sephora D25, and MAC N5. I favor a natural look and I always go for a neutral palette. I don't like bright colors or obvious makeup. Keep that in mind when reading my reviews, if your taste is very different my BAD review may be your HG!

PROS: I love the color! I kept picking it up at the counter - I was VERY drawn to it. They had more than one out - and I think I picked up each one in the blush array. The color is indeed a soft muted pink/plum. On me it looks very natural. MAC calls this a satin, but I find it is more of a sheer matte. That might have more to do with my light application hand than the actual product. I often use this color as a base blush and add a pop of color with Bobbi Brown's Desert Rose. My intent was to buy MAC Tenderling, but Tenderling was a washout on me. Too light and too brown. This one was a winner!

CONS: I wish it lasted longer - it doesn't have great staying power.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by wooskee

For reference I am NC40 in MAC Select Sheer, Medium/Dark in MAC Blot, and 02 in Cargo OneBase, yellow undertones (Asian). I've had two MAs reach for this color when applying blush on me. Maybe my eyes need to get checked but this color is too muddy on me, and a little unnatural. I was looking for something that was the same color as my cheeks when I blush naturally and this wasn't it. I went back to MAC and a different MA recommended Well Dressed, which is a nicer pink on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by watchthestars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a NC15 and usually wear Dame blush, which I love, but I was looking for a blush that was less pink. I had liked the look of Pinch O' Peach, but when the MA tried Cubic on me I was sold. It's a neutral pinky brown, which sounds boring (it does look kind of drab in the pot!) but looks lovely. It goes on light, but it's buildable.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by clairelfhs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got Cubic through a swap...and it's OK. I was expecting to like this a lot more after reading reviews. I'm an NW20 and either this barely shows up on me or it looks a tad bit muddy. I'll probably hold onto this for awhile and try it out as a summer blush (when I have more color in my face...this isn't the case during winter). Maybe it'll work better then.