April 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2006 12:51:00 PM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm obsessed by great skin. I use- I hope- the best products in the world to get my skin in a condition, that people makes envy. Sure, it takes more then face products alone (skin fitness, sleep, healthy food, much water,...) So my skin has a healthy color, has no marks, sun spots,... That's the reason why i am not using foundation. Because i heard from a make up artist, that some foundations are able to catch light (not like so many foundations SAY that they are catching light, but really catching light, and throw the light again away instead of absorbing it, i was starting to use such foundation. Her advice was to use the Guerlain issima skincare foundation -see review. I AM very happy with the result.
I used this foundation in very large samples that lasted over a month, because i am using La Prairie as one of my skincare brands. I am really disappointed. It does not break my skin out, it does not fade, if used properly it doesn' look like a mask, it doesn't smell bad,... It got much good things. BUT it is not able to make you look younger. NOT! It makes your skin great in terms of color and softnes and radiance, but it does nothing at your facial features. It just makes your skin perfect, but nothing beyond that. It's too much to look natural. I definitely like more my guerlain. If i use La Prairie, people ask me: "What a nice foundation you are wearing, what do you use. If i use Guerlain: "Wow, you look good today, had a holiday?" I personally like the second question more. I only used three foundations (La Prairie, Chanel and Guerlain) If you want to look good at a natural way, this is not what you are looking for. The formula should be improved cause I think it's a bit outdated- old. I want more then this. (sorry for bad English, but I'm from France)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2006 12:53:00 PM More reviews by primflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised to see that I haven't already reviewed this foundation. However, I'm just about to write a review of the new formulation Creme de la Mer creme foundation, so I can do a little comparison.
There's not much I can add to the 3 reviews below mine. This stuff lasts forever - I've had my bottle for ages now and it is still fresh. Neither the consistency nor the scent of it has changed. This can give you beautiful airbrushed skin, but you do need to beware of using too much. I find I struggle with this foundation to get a totally natural look with this. It still looks pretty for daytime use, but not totally natural.
For me it is worth the ridiculously high price tag. I think mine was 90. It's worth it because it makes my face look flawless and it lasts a long time. I find that this gives me a slightly better colour match than the Creme de la Mer, and I find it glides on a little easier. Hard to choose between the two. I think overall the La Mer gives a more natural finish. It's harder to detect on the skin.
Oh, and I find the concealer in the lid of this to be useless for me. I use the shade Porcelaine Blush and the concealer is too light for me to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2006 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Aishaa

I love, love, love this foundation! Having used Cle de Peau both Creamy Foundation as well as the Creamy Powder Foundation for several years (I still think they are great foundations!), I felt like wanting to change for something new, different. The Skin Caviar Foundation is just pure beautiful, perfect! You only need the tiniest amount, like two grains of rice, for the entire face. I apply it with my Giorgio Armani foundation brush, and the result is just speechless! The foundation will leave your skin looks ever so healthy, natural as if you don't have any make up on, with a nice, firmed and toned looking face. The lasting power of this foundation is awesome. I only need to blot my face once a day, without any touching up, and my face would still look as fresh 8 or 9 hours later. The bottle will last at least a year, whether you mix it with moisturizer or not (I use it as it is, without mixing it with any moisturizer). The foundation also comes with a matching concealer. The shade I use is Soie Naturel and it is a perfect match for my skin. I normally transfer a small amount into a small container, enough of about 2 weeks use or so, and keep the original bottle closed to keep the product fresh. For $165 per bottle of 30ml/1oz, it seems like a lot, but you only need the tiniest amount, unlike other mediocre foundations that are available in the market, so it will last you much longer. Also, not only it is a beautiful foundation, it is also a treatment for your face. If you are out to try this foundation, remember don't use too much because that will leave you a mask-like looking face. Just use as little as possible, but enough to cover your face, and you will be pleasantly surprised!! I love, love, love this foundation, and of course, I will repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by dr7912

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. Its expensive yes but you only need the tiniest amount for your whole face. During the day I just use one dot and mix it with a tinted moisturizer (Clinique) and its perfect. For night I'll use alone. This stuff lasts forever. When I don't use it I can completely see a difference in my face, my skin tone just doesn't look as good and my blush doesn't go on as well. If you mix it with the tinted moisturizer it will seriously last you a year.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2006 8:21:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good foundation (especially its staying power, even in humid weather) but it could be a little 'masky'. I am not so very satisfied with a colour range. I don't like the concealer either (too thick & dry). Packaging is impossible, a bulky glass bottle - I never travel with it (I transfer foundation into a smaller pot). If you have to travel, ask for a few samples because one sample lasts for a long time (a week or so). And one more thing: it definitely IS overpriced. I have switched to some other foundations recently, as overall I'm not so in love with this one any more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 2:16:00 AM More reviews by SandraBonita

I've been using La Prairie caviar foundation Creme Peche for four years now. I'll start with the positive things I love about this foundation:
PROS
Your face looks awesome and flawless in photos.
People notice that you must pay big bucks for your foundation, yes it's obvious you are wearing a high end product.
It lasts all day, you don't even need to touch up with a compact or powder throughout the day, even in humid weather.
The concealer it comes with is great for the under eye area or as an eyeshadow primer. Use it sparingly and you won't run out too soon before the foundation.
I use my foundation on a daily basis, and it lasts about 8 months.
Once you know your shade, you can purchase it on ebay or strawberry.net for a cheaper price, but I've never done that before.
It goes on well with a foundation brush.
Again, did I mention that your foundation looks like it was airbrushed or you're wearing make up celebrities wear.
You can scrape every last morsel of product out of the bottle with a Qtip.
CONS
Purchasing this product comes with an overwhelming sense of guilt that you're paying a lot of money for a luxury item.
The bottle is bulky and not travel friendly, and you have to be careful that you don't drop it because it's a glass bottle.
The foundation looks even more fabulous if you apply the La Prairie cellular retexturizer before appplying the foundation. Unfortunately, this is about another $150 USD.
The mirrored stand and small concealer brush it comes with is not necessary and I usually throw away the stand, and now have about six of those brushes.
Once you buy this product it is VERY difficult to switch to another, because it's addictive.

I've recently decided to take a break from La Prairie foundation after four years. Throughout this time I have proactively managed my mild to moderate acne with frequent facials, expensive skin care products, and pharmaceuticals, oral and topical. I'm going to experiment if not wearing La Prairie will help minimize my break outs or try and determine if it's contributing to my break outs. Giving up La Prairie is the last step in trying to minimize break outs and acne. I may be back to update my review if it turns out my beloved La Prairie is the culprit.

My second choice to La Prairie is Fresh. I've tried Lancome, Laura Mercier, Chanel, Bare Escentuals, and Fresh seems to be the runner up to La Prairie.
UPDATE++++
I've been using Fresh for over a month now, and I no longer have any break outs! It's amazing. In the past, I've always had at least 2-3 active breakouts. But now, no more! I can't say for sure that it's because I'm no longer using La Prairie, but it's quite coincidental that my break outs have ceased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2006 5:29:00 PM More reviews by reneeg323

I wanted to try something that would illuminate my 50 year-old skin without looking like a mask. Although I have been reasonably happy with GA LSF, I decided to see if there was another foundation out there that would give me long-wearing, natural-looking coverage and this is it. The GA LSF provides a great look but doesn't really wear too well after several hours. I read the reviews and debated between Cle de Peau and La Prairie. The Saks CdP SA wasn't too knowlegeable and I was not impressed with the finish that the CdP foundation gave me. It looked like a cakey veil on my face. It reminded me of elderly women wearing bad foundation. Yecch! Anyhow, I decided to give La Prairie a try and am I glad I did. The color matches my skin beautifully and I use a sponge to apply the foundation. It provides great coverage for the red area around my nose and the finish is really beautiful - a dewey but very natural look. In addition, I have found that the foundation is very long wearing, and after 8 hours, my face still looks good. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by jenni1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this as no way could I justify paying 90 for it then not liking it.
I thought it was so overpriced felt quite heavy and greasy on. I am sensitive combination.
The day after I broke out on my head and I never ever get spots there. Thank goodness I didn't buy it!
The colour match was pretty good and I liked the thought of treating my skin whilst wearing foundation however will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2006 11:54:00 AM More reviews by sillyme135

I love love love this foundation! I have Cream Blush and Creme Peche, and both colours look fine on my Diorskin #200, Chanel #20 Clair skin. I actually got this a while ago. Initially I hated it! It looked cakey and pasty on me. Recently I have rediscovered this, and I find that by using less product, this actually gives me a flawless finish, with radiant looking skin. My skin was still able show through, no cakiness, natural looking, but very dewy/ glowy looking (but not the oily/greasy type of glow!). Now I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2006 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lrbashir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It makes me sad to write this review. I LOVED my LP caviar foundation - I went from begging samples to actually buying a bottle, convinced I had found my HG. But, after using it for a month or two, I realized I was getting a lot of breakouts. I'd never really had whiteheads before, just some cystic acne, but lately I've been getting whiteheads all the time. When I switch back to MMU, they seem to go away.

Which leads me to believe that my beloved LP is causing the problems. I'm really upset about that.

It gives a beautiful finish and really makes my skin look flawless. I get constant compliments on my complexion when I use it, but the breakouts are a real problem (I scar easily, so breakouts stay with me for a long time). And honestly, though it's pricey, I can see the bottle lasting up to a year, so overall it's actually pretty inexpensive.

Too bad :(