September 16, 2014 | 1775 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Mimiq

I love this shade...I have an olive complexion and most light shades made me look dark but this shade actually gives my face a healthy glow!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish one of the available answers to "Would you buy this product again?" could be "YES YES YES!"
I love this lipstick. Like, way more than anyone should. Years ago, I had this L'oreal HIP lipstick in Mod or something and it was a short-lived product, so I was never able to repurchase. Anyway, it was a very slightly shimmery nude pink and I loved it. (It wasn't moisturizing in the slightest though.) Anyway, after that went off the shelves, I was stuck.
And then I discovered Airy Fairy. Holy. Smokes. This is an almost exact dupe of the HIP lipcolor, except that it doesn't dry out my lips at all or make my teeth look yellow (which unfortunately, the HIP one tended to do). It's creamy and flattering on seemingly every skin tone and I just love love LOVE it. Definitely my HG lipstick for everyday use when I don't want a bold lip.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like Rimmel lipsticks. I find them to be highly pigmented and good value for money. They last for hours on my lips and don't kiss off easily. I probably need to reapply just once throughout the day. I don't find them drying on my skin, but they're not moisturising either. I always wear a lip moisturiser or balm underneath and find that helps. The scent is subtle and pleasant, and these lipsticks do not have a terrible taste (L'Oreal lipsticks I'm looking at you). If you're like me and get bored with lipstick colours I would recommend Rimmel because of the price and quality. I own quite a few of these and like them all. Whilst airy fairy is not my favourite colour and I don't wear it everyday. If I'm feeling girly, this is the pink I wear. I find it flattering on my fair skin. I like that this is not too bold and is an understated pink. I find it suitable for everyday wear without looking like you're too done up or trying really hard.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

I won't be repurchasing this. I've heard so many raves about Airy Fairy being a perfect my-lips-but-better shade. However, I was disappointed with this purchase.

Cons:
-Drying. It magnified all the lines on my lips, & I'm not even old.
-Color sucks. It looked like a light, brownish nude on me. The brown tone killed it, because I'm NC10 & there's no way that'd ever look natural. It looked like I had been drinking a lot of Starbucks.

I'm going to apply this with a lip balm underneath tomorrow, but if I still hate it - it will be given to my mother.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by 5kan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't really understand why people always mention this one as a "nude" lipstick. I'm a fair-skinned asian, and this looks mid-toned pink with a bit of mauve undertone on my lips. It's not a bad lipstick at all, but I'm simply disappointed. It's just too dark for me to call it "nude".

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ilikestripes5

Don't like this lipstick at all. The colour is OK. It has some slight golden shimmer to it. On me, it doesn't go on smoothly and the colour is very patchy and sinks into my lip creases giving a horrible crusty look. I also find the formula to be quite drying and it flakes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite lipsticks. Shade is beautiful and I think it suits all skin tones. Plus, it's very moisturizing and it smells great. Doesn't stay long on lips, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after the hype/raves here and on YouTube. Nothing special. Product smells awful (and smell usually does not bug me)... very artificial. Staying power was the only good aspect of this - not terrible. A little bit extreme, but reminded me a bit like rubbing a Crayola crayon on my lips. Less moisturizing than MAC lipstick (that's saying something).

There are hundreds of better pink/nudes out there. Don't waste your time on this one unless you can - 1) stand the scent 2) want to chance that this shade may look good on you. Airy Fairy did not look remotely nude/pink to me. This shade pulled extremely purple/mauve on my warm/olive toned skin. Yuck.

EDIT: Gave this another try. Adding additional lippie. On second impression, the colour itself is not awful, but still.... the scent is reason enough to not purchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by lalaland95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Meh, I bought this mostly based off of a YT makeup tutorial by Jen aka "frmheadtotoe". It look so pretty on her! It was this really natural, perky mauve-pink with a bit of shimmer. However, I was dissapointed with this because it looked nothing like that on me. I thought it was going to look at least decent because we have very similar colouring. On me, was this dry, washed out nude mauve. It made me look lifeless, which totally condradicts the purpose of everyday makeup! It had this weird artificial cinnamon scent that I wasn't fond of at all. After a while, I found that if I apply a sheer pink gloss on top, it looks slightly better. However, I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by deadiswhatweaimfor

Nice drugstore find. Its a natural lip color for me. Kind of a mauve ish color. I love love loove the scent. Always have to smell this lipstick whenever I put it on haha. Packaging is cute. Overall its a staple piece for my lipstick collection.