July 23, 2014 | 2064 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

I won't be repurchasing this. I've heard so many raves about Airy Fairy being a perfect my-lips-but-better shade. However, I was disappointed with this purchase.

Cons:
-Drying. It magnified all the lines on my lips, & I'm not even old.
-Color sucks. It looked like a light, brownish nude on me. The brown tone killed it, because I'm NC10 & there's no way that'd ever look natural. It looked like I had been drinking a lot of Starbucks.

I'm going to apply this with a lip balm underneath tomorrow, but if I still hate it - it will be given to my mother.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by 5kan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't really understand why people always mention this one as a "nude" lipstick. I'm a fair-skinned asian, and this looks mid-toned pink with a bit of mauve undertone on my lips. It's not a bad lipstick at all, but I'm simply disappointed. It's just too dark for me to call it "nude".

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ilikestripes5

Don't like this lipstick at all. The colour is OK. It has some slight golden shimmer to it. On me, it doesn't go on smoothly and the colour is very patchy and sinks into my lip creases giving a horrible crusty look. I also find the formula to be quite drying and it flakes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite lipsticks. Shade is beautiful and I think it suits all skin tones. Plus, it's very moisturizing and it smells great. Doesn't stay long on lips, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after the hype/raves here and on YouTube. Nothing special. Product smells awful (and smell usually does not bug me)... very artificial. Staying power was the only good aspect of this - not terrible. A little bit extreme, but reminded me a bit like rubbing a Crayola crayon on my lips. Less moisturizing than MAC lipstick (that's saying something).

There are hundreds of better pink/nudes out there. Don't waste your time on this one unless you can - 1) stand the scent 2) want to chance that this shade may look good on you. Airy Fairy did not look remotely nude/pink to me. This shade pulled extremely purple/mauve on my warm/olive toned skin. Yuck.

EDIT: Gave this another try. Adding additional lippie. On second impression, the colour itself is not awful, but still.... the scent is reason enough to not purchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by lalaland95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Meh, I bought this mostly based off of a YT makeup tutorial by Jen aka "frmheadtotoe". It look so pretty on her! It was this really natural, perky mauve-pink with a bit of shimmer. However, I was dissapointed with this because it looked nothing like that on me. I thought it was going to look at least decent because we have very similar colouring. On me, was this dry, washed out nude mauve. It made me look lifeless, which totally condradicts the purpose of everyday makeup! It had this weird artificial cinnamon scent that I wasn't fond of at all. After a while, I found that if I apply a sheer pink gloss on top, it looks slightly better. However, I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by deadiswhatweaimfor

Nice drugstore find. Its a natural lip color for me. Kind of a mauve ish color. I love love loove the scent. Always have to smell this lipstick whenever I put it on haha. Packaging is cute. Overall its a staple piece for my lipstick collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never thought I would like this color, but it is fantastic. It's a bleached mauve with tiny bits of gold shimmer. Very wearable, pretty and one shade darker than my naturally pink lips. It's mature and understated.

(I'm surprised how light it is in the pictures! It's somewhat dark on me.)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic drugstore find. Airy Fairy is a something like a nude but pinker. I detest nude shades because they look awful on me and this is a really nice alternative. It's an understated light pink that contains a bit of beige, with a very finely milled gold shimmer. The shimmer is barely even noticeable except in photos taken with flash. Perfect for work, job interviews, or anything requiring and a more conservative but polished look. Would also work well paired with a dramatic eye.
The one and only downside is the artificial cherry scent. Like cherry Chapstick but more sickly. I would absolutely repurchase this, despite the smell, because the color is so nice and wearable.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by californiagirl103

This is the perfect lipstick color for my lips. It is "my lips but better" and I love it! Im not very daring when it comes to lipstick colors, i stick to very natural shades. It doesn't have very long staying power, but i put it over a thin layer of vaseline and it stays longer! I got it at walgreens for $2.99 so you can't go wrong with this lipstick!