November 29, 2014 | 954 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Leila31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST RED LIPSTICK EVER! It's especially perfect on dark skin girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG red lipstick. Hands down.

The most amazing red lipstick ever made. Seriously.

The shade is a lovely bright coral red, very, VERY vivid, with strong blue undertones. So strong that it might leave a fuschia stain to some.

Not for the faint of heart.

Also, not for the ladies with chapped lips who love good moisturizing lipsticks.

Lady, this lipstick is NOT moisturizing. I repeat. Do NOT expect moisture of your lips with this lipstick. It won't do you any good. If you have flakey lips, do NOT buy it.

On the other side, if you have lovely, velvety moisturized lips like mine, and no NOT mind a bit of dryness for the sake of beauty, then, I present you THE most suitable lipstick for you.

It drags your lips when you apply it (this is how dry it is!) and it almost feels chalky/waxy, so i repeat, do not buy it you are an amateur. This lipstick is definitely for the pros, for those who have mastered matte lips.

What else should i say about this amazing lipstick? The staying power is amazing and you don't need a lip liner cause it simply never feathers. If you insist of getting one, however, Cherry is the perfect match.

I would also like to point out that it photographs AMAZINGLY GOOD. Seriously. Everytime i take a picture of me wearing this lipstick, my lips look photoshopped. I don't know how they did it and you will never understand unless you try it and see for yourselves.

So, to sum up, only buy it if you are comfortable with dry, matte lips.

Do NOT buy if you prefer some moisture. Although I strongly believe that EVERY lady should own at least one tube of Ruby Woo once in their lives.

Oh well. Hope i helped! x

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by isabellanotte

I was looking to invest in a fun MAC lipstick, and there was a lot of hype over the Ruby Woo lipstick, as well as EVERYONE saying that it was very drying. It's a gorgeous velvety matte red, and I have not had any issue with dryness, although I do wear lip balm constantly. I love the smell of the MAC lip line, and this is a rich red, and the matte finish can honestly only be described as velvety. I didn't have it on all day, but it did not smudge or bleed, and I do have a lot of little crack in my lips (natural, not age related). I can't praise it enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous matte red lipstick! I just got into lipsticks and this is my 1st red. Red lipstick was something that used to scare me but a true makeup lover learns reds eventually. Anyways this lipstick is VERY DRY. So I like to put a little vaseline on my lips and then put this on so my lips dont start a fire. I can kiss my boo and red doesnt get on his lips. Without touch ups this does last a while. I like it with burgady lip liner by MAC too so yesss to this lip. Oh and for skin tone reference Im about an NC40.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by dootdootdoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is, hands down, the best red. Leans cool, whitens teeth, brightens the face. You don't need a lip liner with this. While I love how truly matte the formula is (no light will reflect off of it), it's a PAIN to apply! It's so dry that you have to really drag it on your lips. This isn't the type of lipstick you can reapply mid day because by then your lips will be so parched and wrinkled and patchy.

I'll try Russian Red next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by eleftheriapl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Years now i see this lipstick at Mac shops and but i never liked it because of the formula. I have sufferded from chapped and dry lips ages now. Then i found Aquaphor and my lips are always smooth etc. And i bought ruby woo. OHH MY GOD!!!this lipstick is THE absolute red colour!!!!!its wonderfull!you put it on your lips and its like vevlet. I am a red lipstick junkie and before i tried ruby woo my favourite was red russian. Now everything changed!!!!Its with strong blue undertones ,makes your teeth super white and i say again its like i have velvet lips!!!!I dont know how would it be if i had not super-super moisturized my lips before(and thats why i give 4 stars) but you should buy it!!!Its amazing!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

One of the loveliest red lipsticks I've ever had the pleasure to wear. I normally favour an orange-toned red such as 'Lady Danger' or NARS 'Red Square', but I love the colour of 'Ruby Woo' and how bold it is. It's a matte red with strong blue undertones, I just love how much it brightens my face and flatters my skintone. I feel that when I wear it, all I need to do is wear a little bit of bronzer, mascara, nude eyeliner and fill in my eyebrows, because it makes such a strong impact. You can see on the comparison picture how blue-toned it is compared to the other two. Longevity wise, it lasts incredibly well - I don't own a red lipliner yet, so what I do is apply 'Prep + Prime Lip', wait a few minutes, then fill in my lips with Urban Decay's 'Ozone' lipliner then add 'Ruby Woo', blot, then re-apply. Now the lipstick itself can be a little difficult to apply, it's definitely not as smooth as 'Lady Danger' in that aspect, but for your troubles and efforts you get a gorgeous, long-lasting pout. Throughout my working day, I drink around 6 cups of tea, have my lunch and I only ever need to reapply after eating. It fades down to this beautiful red stain, it never rubs off completely. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by rillensora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My first red, so it has sentimental value for me.

I went to the store having read the blogs and concluding that Russian Red was the one for me. Then the SA tried Ruby Woo on me and it just brightened up my entire face in a way RR didn't. It also made my teeth look amazing.

It's a strong, bright true red, livened up with an extra dimension of fluorescent rose. I've heard it looks good on a wide variety of skintones, and can attest that it looks great on bronzed skin as well as my own light beige-ivory complexion. I DO have significantly ruddy skin, but I found this lipstick didn't emphasize that too much for some reason. Could just be me. Also be warned that this does lean toward the blue side of the spectrum as far as reds go, so keep your own coloring in mind.

Or just try it on. Just because I liked it, doesn't mean you have to, and if you're getting that "wow" factor the moment you put something on and look in the mirror, that's always the most important thing: if that's missing, you probably shouldn't buy it.

The packaging is nice and chic, and the much maligned texture isn't so much of a problem for me. It's winter currently, and I apply this over lip balm and have no problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Vida2112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!this is the perfect pin up classic red. I love it so much I got a tattoo of the tube and my red lips next to it on my right arm!I will spend $15 anyday for this perfect lip colour. I just don't like how it gets flaky after wearing it for awhile, but its still the best ever. love love LOVE!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love red lipstick, its my favorite color to wear. I have Russian Red (best red ever!), MAC Red, and Viva Glam 1, and the only thing that ever stopped me from getting Ruby Woo was the Retro Matte finish on top of my naturally dry lips. However, I thought that since its such a popular lipstick, even people with dry lips must think its worth having, so I gave it a shot. It's extremely hard to put on with a brush, so I applied it straight from the bullet. It's a beautiful, bright, blue-red color, and I really like MAC's matte lipsticks, but I just couldn't take the Retro Matte, it was sooo much drier. After wearing it for a whole day my lips were so parched I couldn't wear anything but lip balm the next day. I ended up returning it. Also, why I had it for that day I realized it looked almost exactly the same color as Cherry lip pencil.