November 27, 2014 | 1586 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, I see no difference between the different color compacts CG makes. The blue one seemes to offer the best results. I used this for a while when I was younger because it offered enough coverage to control my oily skin. Somehow, smelling like a cough drop never bothered me, which is what'll happen when you use this. Now that I have post-acne redness this just isn't cutting it. I don't like two-or-three-step skin care makeup routiens, so this just wasn't for me. I'll stick to pocket powder instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I've been using this pressed powder for years!! I like the scent and I've never had a break out from it ever. Compact is sturdy and for me it provides great long-lasting shine control and never makes me look orange,I will definitely keep repurchasing as long as they make it and have it in my color=)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kgreene938

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the pressed powder in the brown compact, it is not fragrance free - I've tried the green ones, and they work fine, but this was right where I was looking, and on sale in a package with eyeliner. Also, I like my products fragranced.

The color range isn't as wide as I'd like, but that's always been true for Cover Girl - I use 105 Ivory, which is too dark, but with some blending looks nice. It highlights my dry patches, when I put on more than just a light dusting, so it's definitely for those with oilier skin (which is me, I just have patches now and then).

All in all, it's an okay powder - you definitely get what you pay for with this one. Good for touchups if you have good skin to begin with, not much for correcting big blemishes etc.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by GutterGeisha

I only have a few things to say on this one:

1. Camphor and eucalyptus are serious skin irritants. They shouldn't be used on your face - period. Those two ingredients are the absolute reason no one should be wearing this.

2. Talc is not a cheap product - it's natural just like any other overpriced 'mineral' higher end cosmetics companies use. This is not what is destroying everyone's face here. The two aforementioned ingredients are the culprits.

3. The fragrance free version is way better - not in the ideal silky smooth way, but it serves its purpose - as it doesn't have those nasty ingredients stuffed into it.

*Steps down from soapbox*

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by TYFFANI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ive been consistently happy with this pressed powder since junior high I think. It controls any shine I may get. It doesnt break me out. And you really cant beat the price. Ive tried high end stuff before as well but this remains my true fave. Definitely will buy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by jedi_girl251

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:

-Sturdy compact case + mirror inside
-Doesn't feel too cakey

Cons:

-Scent is so strong (would go with unscented if I buy this again)
-Doesn't provide long-lasting shine control

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by redscare

On the whole, I think we can all agree that CoverGirl is sh*t. But as a basic powder, for three dollars... I don't think you can go terribly wrong. I have somewhat sensitive skin, acne-prone, and it hasn't caused a breakout or irritated my skin, so that's a plus. No problems with the product's packaging ( I don't think I would change a thing, besides for aesthetic purposes), and it's small and light enough to carry anywhere, so there's another plus. It is offered d in many different shades with the possibility of non-fragrance, another plus (people here complain about fragrance-- well then buy the non-fragranced one!! That's not the product's fault...)

As for controlling shine-- does nothing. It also sometimes makes my skin look muddy, so that's gross I guess. There is no way in hell I would buy this for regular price ($4-7 in Canada), but otherwise it is an ok product for a quick touch. And if anything, at least the mirror is handy... I bought this only because I lost my brand new MAC pressed powder (out $25, owww)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by chabbycheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's ok, average blotting performance. Not a wide range of colors though. Also it seems to be a little too sheer. I want my powder to have some coverage. It helps that it's for sensitive skin, so no fear of breaking out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this powder since I was about 13 and I will use it till the day I die. It is the ONLY powder that doesn't break me out! Wierd, I know, but for some reason my skin is very sensitive to powders, of all things, and this is the only kind I've ever been able to use without getting zits galore. I LOVE the smell, it smells fresh & clean, and the color(Ivory) works just about perfectly for me. Though I wish they'd make a paler white shade that would match exactly, lol...

On the fun side, my mom tells me that this stuff has remained totally unchanged since SHE wore it when she was my age back in the 60's! I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by x3adoratiions

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is okay. I use this after applying foundation or tinted moisturiser. It does a good job of reducing/absorbing shine and is not too cakey.

However I did have a couple of problems with it. The powder has a pretty wierd fragrance which bothers me a lot. Its so strong that i cant keep it with all my other makeup products because they will smell like the powder too. I've also noticed that all CG face products are very pink undertoned (Im Asian with yellow/olive undertones so that won't work). So if i use too much of this on my face, it will turn out pink. Will not be repurchasing.

UPDATE: i hardly use this anymore so i ended up throwing it out. Fragrance bothers me a lot.