Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Oh how I have tried so many times and different seasons to wear L'Instant. I want to love this! It's a honey based scent and I love honey and gourmands, I've even tried all formulations as well. On my skin it's sweet and produces an intense headache from the sweetness. Not for me.

on 5/10/2007 4:54:00 AM

I did love the smell of this. It was very easy to wear. However, it only lasts an instant on me. I just would never purchase this one due to that. I think the bottle is very pretty. I did expect more from this as it is from a very fine fragrance house.

on 4/3/2007 11:07:00 AM

This is one of those frags that make feel utterly and complitely beautiful and sexy. It is so nice, warm, it smells a lot like warm milk with honey.

on 3/21/2007 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I already have the EDT, and I do like it but it can be a bit cloying sometimes. A heavy application leaves it smelling very artificial and a bit choking for the first while until it has dried down. So even though I do like it, I rarely wear it.

However, I saw a 7.5ml bottle of the pure parfum on an auction site and decided to treat myself. I'm so glad I did! The parfum is much smoother and does not require a dry-down stage at all. It goes straight to a beautiful, smooth, honey/amber sweetness that is not cloying but more like a gorgeous soft blanket of scent that just envelops me. And because it's parfum, of course, a little bit goes a long way and this small bottle should last me quite a long time.

The bottle itself is beautiful, too. It is like a miniature version of the standard EDT bottle, with a purple and gold cord around the neck, and a glass stopper rather than an atomiser. I would proudly display this on my dresser if I didn't know that perfume bottles should be stored out of direct light - but I will enjoy looking at it whenever I take it out to apply. continued >>

on 3/9/2007 4:31:00 PM

Hmm... I tried the EDP. It seemed quite light. At first I couldn't pick out any notes but later I could really smell that honey... a little sweet but not sugary at all. Would have to try again to know if I'd really consider purchasing, for now it sits in the "quite nice" camp.

on 2/15/2007 2:18:00 PM

I was looking for a new perfume for weeks upon weeks. Either I liked it and my husband hated it, or vice versa. This was the first perfume that I instantly liked (hence, the name?)...as did he...and it even got my children's seal of approval. You don't need a lot of it and it has good staying power.

I agree with other reviewers who mentioned that it is a rather generic, easy to wear scent compared with other guerlain fragrances. I like it because it's easy to wear but on the other hand this same character makes me hesitate to repurchase... A safe choice for many occasions but it is not something I cannot live without. I like it for colder months. I use the EDP and the staying power is great.

on 1/27/2007 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got this through swapping, and so glad I did! Sweet, feminine and lovely.

on 1/15/2007 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

IS MY HG
REALLY NICE PARFUME
SOMETIMES I CHANGE to try some other but alweys return to this one because every time i wear it people ask me what i use.... great rare smell very femenine elegant and long lasting

on 1/7/2007 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

wonderful, delicate and sultry. smells good enough to reach for it year-round. a staple. who cares if this is a department store fragrance, this one is that good. i don't get the comparison to Shalimar. completely different to me.

Popular Fragrances