July 22, 2014 | 1373 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by poojak91

I worked amazing the first time I used it. Noticed a difference the VERY next day. I've been using it for over a year now and suddenly my skin just exploded with acne and scars. I think my skin got used to it. It also started making my skin extremely dry and flaky. So overall it was good the first couple of months but for me I became immune. Oh well, on to the next product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I do not break out much but occasionally I do battle hormonal acne (especially during that time of the month) so I like to alternate my usual skincare regime (comprising of whitening and anti-aging) with anti-acne products. I am happy with Clinique Acne Solutions Line (known as Anti-Blemish Solutions where I live) so far. It works well and for a counter brand, $43 isn't too much to fork out for a moisturizer. This range keeps my skin looking clarified and clearer without drying it out further.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Jenology

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before using this product I had mild acne. A few on my forehead and on a few on the side of my face. For some odd reason, if I had one on my right side I usually get one on the left side. Not sure if anyone else is like that? aha but anyways after using this product I was so hopeful that it would work so I kept using it for about 3 months because they say that results would not sure until then...however, my acne got worse. I started getting bumps on my cheeks which I never had before, some on my chin and everywhere else. It was a disaster. I stopped using the products and saw that my acne started clearing up. I have combination skin and this line of acne products were just not helping me at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by LIXIVIUM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed skin with oily T-zone and I usually break out in my chin area. I'm using this system for 2 months but I haven't seen any improvement on my skin. It didn't cause any irritation but also hasn't cleared my blemishes. The foam is ok, nothing special, I liked the lotion, it clears my skin perfectly but the same does lotion no3. I found the moisturizer a little bit oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by ali156

I started with the small set to try it and at first it did clear my skin, not completely but I did see an improvement.
A few weeks later I started to break out on my chin, and it had never happened before. Also, the products together were harsh on my skin, too drying.

In the end I used the moisturizer+bp as spot treatment and worked better that way.
I also switched to the soap bar when i finished the foam, and it is more gentle but works out fine :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this for 3+ weeks. While I'm not finished with the set, I'm almost finished with the clarifying lotion (less than 1/4 of the bottle left), used 2/3 of the cleanser, and half of the moisturizer.
Cleanser ~ I think because this foams its not good for me. It leaves my face feeling tight & seems to make me break out. When I use the moisturizer (at night anyway), my acne seems to be reduced (like, less red and not big pimples), but as soon as I use the cleanser to wash my face, it makes them all red & big again!
Clarifying lotion ~ This definitely cleans my face (I see all the dirt on the cotton ball), which I like, but it break me out exactly the same as the cleanser. On a brighter note, I think it does control shine (as long as I don't use an SPF moisturizer).
Moisturizer ~ Definitely the best out of the set. When I use it at night, it makes my bumps look smaller & less red. As usual, benzyl peroxide bleaches things, but luckily the towels & pillow cases that I'm using are already bleached so it doesn't really matter. I also like that it doesn't dry my face out.. it really does keep face moisturized. I think if I had a better cleanser, this would work well.
Overall, I pretty much hate this stuff. I have never (or almost never) been embarrassed about my acne (it's not too bad.. occasional whiteheads and a few pimples every now & then), but with this.. it made me have hure red pimples, borderline cysts, and a bunch of smaller bumps/pimples. I keep using it though 'cause I'm not going to waste my mom's money, but I can't wait to be done with it! I've tried using it as directed (I always wash my face twice a day, but I would use all three steps), using only the cleanser and moisturizer, using a different cleanser with the clarifying lotion and moisturizer, using all three with a SPF moisturizer on the top, using cleanser with the clarifying lotion and SPF moisturizer (the worst combination). Yes, I tried it all & nothing works. I'm really sad 'cause I like Clinique, but I feel let down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by pennystetson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This set works amazingly well for me. I use the foam twice a day and the toner at night only, and I only use the moisturizer and spot treatment if I'm having a breakout - but honestly, since I've started using this stuff my skin has been nearly PERFECT. Prior to using it I was having painful cystic acne, and I tried many other things to no avail - Murad, for instance, did nothing. The only downside to this stuff is the cost, but it is more than worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by romantix

Cleanser lasted me 1 month.
Toner and lotion lasted me a bit longer.

The cleanser is foam, and in between my fingers made me think it would do nothing!
I felt the difference as soon as I rinsed it off.
It does give a deep clean and breaks apart the oil!

The toner is also just as great!
Tightening pores.

The lotion is the
last step and so vital!
It's like a last dose of medication

Did not over dry!
I cleared up nicely and have already replenished my supply with full size bottles.

Worth the try!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by vivo95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg this saved my skin! I still have scars but they're coverage! I remember just using only the three steps but that just made my skin peel and crack so I threw in curels lotion and now I don't have acne. It does take time to notice a difference just use it religiously!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by MissQuinn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to step in here and give Clinique some love. I have been on the Acne Solutions Line for over a year now, and it's completely cleared up my skin. It has gotten to the point that I now don't feel the need to wear makeup anymore. I do have some dark pigmentation from old acne scars that I am working on with glycolic peels monthly and that is helping also. Love this stuff!