July 30, 2014 | 1995 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by floz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This line truly saved my skin. Although it can be a little dry in the winter for my skin type, if I ever have a bad skin week I always turn to this line. I will re-buy over and over and over!

I had tried all the basic drugstore products for acne at random with no real luck, and had to pile on foundation to cover my skin as I was so embarrassed. In desperation I approached the Clinique counter at Selfridges and after a great consultation I bought this line and started using it daily.

On the first day, my pores felt tigher and my skin felt soft.

Within weeks I had fewer and smaller spots, and felt more confident. This is from only using it once a day, not twice as they reccommend.

Within about two months my skin was clear, and I even got comments about how good it looked. So I reccommended it to my sister, who got the same results!

However, the only downside for me is that this is a bit too drying in the winter, when I have naturally very dry and flaky skin. Also the cleansers are a little harsh which doesn't help the redness on my cheeks. However, that is much easier to cover than acne!

If you have oily or combination skin I highly reccommend this. The products last for ages (really, months and months!) and if you're new to skincare like I was then the 3-step system helps to develop good habits.

The price for all 3 products seemed high to me at first but I'm so pleased I took the plunge. It worked out much cheaper than buying lots of different acne treatments and the results were better than I could ever have expected. For me, this was a miracle-worker which gave me the confidence to start caring about my appearance and experimenting with makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by scrimp9890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this stuff when I used it. It worked better than anything I tried previously. I love the foam, it feels so nice on my skin. I stopped using it because of it's price. I was in high school, and didn't have a job. It became way too pricey. Right now, I don't think I will buy it again. I found stuff that works better, and this skin care line didn't clear up my face as well as I would have liked. I will say that I noticed less blackheads, which is a plus.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worst. Products. Ever. In the week that I used the kit, I developed between 10 and 20 huge cysts all over my face. No joke. I was actually planning to stick with it, but I was getting at least 3 new humongous pimples every single day while using this. Enough is enough! It completely destroyed my skin, and now I'm left trying to undo the damage it caused! Luckily, my skin started to clear again as soon as I STOPPED using it (though I'm still suffering with some leftover pimples, and all of the red marks left behind because of all the blemishes this caused). If you've had luck with proactiv and other kits, this may work for you, but in my personal experience, none of these kits work, and this one was the worst I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by poojak91

I worked amazing the first time I used it. Noticed a difference the VERY next day. I've been using it for over a year now and suddenly my skin just exploded with acne and scars. I think my skin got used to it. It also started making my skin extremely dry and flaky. So overall it was good the first couple of months but for me I became immune. Oh well, on to the next product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I do not break out much but occasionally I do battle hormonal acne (especially during that time of the month) so I like to alternate my usual skincare regime (comprising of whitening and anti-aging) with anti-acne products. I am happy with Clinique Acne Solutions Line (known as Anti-Blemish Solutions where I live) so far. It works well and for a counter brand, $43 isn't too much to fork out for a moisturizer. This range keeps my skin looking clarified and clearer without drying it out further.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Jenology

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before using this product I had mild acne. A few on my forehead and on a few on the side of my face. For some odd reason, if I had one on my right side I usually get one on the left side. Not sure if anyone else is like that? aha but anyways after using this product I was so hopeful that it would work so I kept using it for about 3 months because they say that results would not sure until then...however, my acne got worse. I started getting bumps on my cheeks which I never had before, some on my chin and everywhere else. It was a disaster. I stopped using the products and saw that my acne started clearing up. I have combination skin and this line of acne products were just not helping me at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by LIXIVIUM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed skin with oily T-zone and I usually break out in my chin area. I'm using this system for 2 months but I haven't seen any improvement on my skin. It didn't cause any irritation but also hasn't cleared my blemishes. The foam is ok, nothing special, I liked the lotion, it clears my skin perfectly but the same does lotion no3. I found the moisturizer a little bit oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by ali156

I started with the small set to try it and at first it did clear my skin, not completely but I did see an improvement.
A few weeks later I started to break out on my chin, and it had never happened before. Also, the products together were harsh on my skin, too drying.

In the end I used the moisturizer+bp as spot treatment and worked better that way.
I also switched to the soap bar when i finished the foam, and it is more gentle but works out fine :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this for 3+ weeks. While I'm not finished with the set, I'm almost finished with the clarifying lotion (less than 1/4 of the bottle left), used 2/3 of the cleanser, and half of the moisturizer.
Cleanser ~ I think because this foams its not good for me. It leaves my face feeling tight & seems to make me break out. When I use the moisturizer (at night anyway), my acne seems to be reduced (like, less red and not big pimples), but as soon as I use the cleanser to wash my face, it makes them all red & big again!
Clarifying lotion ~ This definitely cleans my face (I see all the dirt on the cotton ball), which I like, but it break me out exactly the same as the cleanser. On a brighter note, I think it does control shine (as long as I don't use an SPF moisturizer).
Moisturizer ~ Definitely the best out of the set. When I use it at night, it makes my bumps look smaller & less red. As usual, benzyl peroxide bleaches things, but luckily the towels & pillow cases that I'm using are already bleached so it doesn't really matter. I also like that it doesn't dry my face out.. it really does keep face moisturized. I think if I had a better cleanser, this would work well.
Overall, I pretty much hate this stuff. I have never (or almost never) been embarrassed about my acne (it's not too bad.. occasional whiteheads and a few pimples every now & then), but with this.. it made me have hure red pimples, borderline cysts, and a bunch of smaller bumps/pimples. I keep using it though 'cause I'm not going to waste my mom's money, but I can't wait to be done with it! I've tried using it as directed (I always wash my face twice a day, but I would use all three steps), using only the cleanser and moisturizer, using a different cleanser with the clarifying lotion and moisturizer, using all three with a SPF moisturizer on the top, using cleanser with the clarifying lotion and SPF moisturizer (the worst combination). Yes, I tried it all & nothing works. I'm really sad 'cause I like Clinique, but I feel let down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by pennystetson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This set works amazingly well for me. I use the foam twice a day and the toner at night only, and I only use the moisturizer and spot treatment if I'm having a breakout - but honestly, since I've started using this stuff my skin has been nearly PERFECT. Prior to using it I was having painful cystic acne, and I tried many other things to no avail - Murad, for instance, did nothing. The only downside to this stuff is the cost, but it is more than worth it.