October 20, 2014 | 2074 users online

Cleansers - Desert Essence - Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Stephanie10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know if I saw a huge improvement in my acne but I would say I saw some. Mind you that although I've improved my skin quite a bit I have a tendency toward SEVERE acne that hasn't responded well to anything in the past and although my acne is only moderate now I wouldn't expect this face wash to do anything amazing as I still have very difficult skin that won't listen to reason. But it has kept my acne under control, smells nice and gets my face very clean without over drying it one bit. (I have a tendency to dry skin as well so that's always a huge plus for me) Once again I love using desert essence because I love that I'm not putting harsh products on my face that could really be more damaging than helpful. It wasn't too expensive and I've had it for close to 4 months and am still not out of product yet. Just don't get it in your eyes it burns a lot. I think the only thing I dislike is that it is extremely watery but I got used to that after having it for a while. Great product. Will repurchase this also.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by oliviacat100

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A friend recommended this cleanser to me because she loves everything about it. I have combination skin that can go from dry to oily depending on the season and other factors. I bought a bottle and didn't care for it at first. I thought it was too drying. I normally use very gentle lotion cleansers that are usually soothing. The gentle lotion cleansers do not remove makeup well for me, so I mixed some of this cleanser with whichever one I am currently using and it's perfect. Makeup is easily removed and my skin is soft and feels moisturized in one step. It works especially well with Cereve Moisturizing Cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works good. I purchase this in the big bottle as I have my own foaming pump. I use to put this is a regular pump bottle, but it was too runny and messy, so I stopped using it for a while, but now I put it in a pump, and it works soooo much better and I end up using less products. It's great at removing make up, but this really dries out my skin (hence the 4 lippies). It's also great at keeping my skin clear, but I can't use this everyday as it dries out my skin too much..probably every other day or every two days is good. I put a 'No' on repurchasing though since I do have 100% natural Tea Tree Oil that I use diluted as a spot treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

The only thing not to like about this product (probably just something up with my bottle) is that the bottle leaks a lot for some reason...

I've had a lot of bad experiences with face washes. But this one is great, no breakouts. It leaves my face looking clean, plain and simple.

No lame-o added fragrances, that's an extra plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mamisty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product for oily congested skin types. Terrific value... A little goes a long way and love the fact that it's natural. Can be a little drying on the skin but nothing that can't be corrected by using a moisturizer. My skin has been clear and blackheads have going away too. I purchased the small bottle at Trader Joes for less than six bucks. I went to Whole Foods and noticed they had a 500ml bottle for $10 bucks. So when I run out I will go there to buy the big bottle and refill the small one with the dispenser.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by sweetliz312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really like this product, i have oily acne prone skin and i think it has really helped to keep my acne under control....it doesn't dry out my skin, and leaves it feeling super clean....lately i have switched to all organic products (for face only) and i feel that my skin looks and feels so much better....i would definitely repurchase this over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by coolnidhi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The first time I tried this product, I loved it. I have somewhat oily skin, that is extremely acne prone, so this product ended up drying my face quite a bit. I would then put Desert Essence's Jojoba Oil, and the dry feeling would go away. The first week, the product cleaned not only the dirt, but also the acne off of my face. After a week, the product only made my face clean, but it no longer prevented or cleared my acne. I would buy it again only because it does make your face look clean, and it isn't too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by w1lk1ns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I have used this over the past week I noticed the acne on my chin shrink up. The bad thing is my extremely oily face is now dry and dull looking. Ew. I will not be repurchasing. I might try adding a little of this cleanser into the scrub I have been using.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by novae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am very pleased with this product. I have fair acne prone/sensitive skin with enlarged pores. This product is not overly drying, it cleanses well, and even though it has a "stinky" smell, it contains no synthetic chemicals and it does the job. I can't complain about this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Animalloversunite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Yuck I hate this stuff. I was trying to find a good non animal tested cleanse.r It was the first organic cleanser I have ever used and it was not pleasing. It's runny and lathers slightly. Because it's runny it gets into my eyes pretty often and it stings. I hate the scent of tea tree oil but it doesn't stay once washed off. It kinda makes washing my face an unpleasent experience. The best part( and the only good part) is that it removes all my makeup but it's also pretty drying. The biggest misconception is that acne prone people need to use somthing more drying or medicated. The fact is that a drying cleanser makes you produce more oil and the anti-acne ingredients do no good because they are washed off before they can be absorbed into the skin. Overall I hate this cleanser and I will definetely NOT be repurchasing.