LUSH BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

on 11/26/2012 1:51:00 AM

I got this out of all the good reviews and wanted to give LUSH shampoo a try and this is the one I decided to go with. So far the shampoo is good but not awesome for the price I am paying for. $30CAD a jar is ridiculous.

Pro
- leaves my hair softer than previous/other shampoos
- minor volumizing factor
- fairly natural ingredients
- no obnoxious scent

CONS
- expensive
- inconvenient packaging
- does have sulfate (doesn't sud up as much as I would like)
- probably would not last that long in comparison to other shampoos

I think I prefer to Scenic bar shampoo better $10 a pop but I hate the packaging
Nov2012

on 11/22/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My hair is naturally poker straight and very flat and because I'm completely hopeless at actually styling it I'm always looking for products that'll give my hair more bounce and volume without any actual effort on my part...

Anyway, I don't notice any major difference with Big. But honestly, there's only so much you can realistically expect a shampoo to do, right? Big is very cleansing, very clarifying. If you have a lot of product residue in your hair weighing it down, this is gonna get rid of that and perk your hair up a bit. I barely use anything other than shampoo/conditioner in my hair so I guess this is just how my hair is meant to be! It definitely fluffs up the ends of my hair, but it's still pretty flat on top.

I only use Big once a week. I wouldn't recommend to use it any more than that, as it'll be too drying. It's a weird texture, full of these big grains of salt. I used it last night with a papercut on my finger...ouch. Watch out for that. Anyway, this forms a really good lather with a very small amount of shampoo. I'm notorious for using way more shampoo than I actually need. I use about a tablespoon of this at a time and it is more than enough for my shoulder-length hair. So even if you find this expensive, it'll last a good few months.

It smells good too! Nice fresh, citrusy scent. So while it doesn't do massive amounts to volumize my hair, I still appreciate Big and would consider buying it again.

on 11/16/2012 9:17:00 PM

I bought this due to the reviews but sadly it did nothing for my hair and is a pain to open the tub which of course had the product washed my hair or given me volume is nothing to complain about. But it did nothing of significance...at least I didn't notice even after i had used the entire tub. Since it's not expensive, might be worth it to give it a try but I wouldn't let my hopes up.

on 11/16/2012 8:29:00 PM

BIG makes my hair feel fantastic. It does give my roots a little extra lift, but not a huge amount because I have pretty long hair. I don't use it everyday because of the price. My regular shampoo is LUSH's Daddy-O, but I use this every few days because it gives my hair that extra-clean feeling. I don't particular like the packaging because I'm always afraid of getting water in it, but I understand why it's in a pot--the chunks of salt are most likely too big to come out a squirt type bottle. I do love BIG!

on 10/17/2012 10:17:00 PM

My hair: fairly normal, wavy, brunette, damaged ends, sometimes problems w/ product buildup

PROS
--- will add volume to wavy hair
--- sea salt helps scrub out product build up
--- seems to be deep cleansing
--- smells fabulous
--- one tub should last 3-4 months assuming you use it 1-2 times weekly

CONS
--- if used too often, will make hair static-y
--- if used too often, will dry out hair

on 10/5/2012 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was intrigued with this product because of the sea salt. I love sea salt for some reason. My body just responds really well to products that contain sea salt and this is no exception. I purchased this product to use once a week so a tub of it lasts me a long time. I would imagine it becoming more costly if you use it more often. You definitely should not use it more than 3 times a week since it is very clarifying. I wash my hair every other day and at the end of the week, I use Big to strip everything and start over for the new week. It works wonders for taking out all the product I may have used and I love it.

It is difficult to get used to using. The sea salt is difficult to work into your hair and scalp. The first time I tried it, most of the salt ended up on the floor. I have learned to work the product in a little bit at a time to the top of my head and to get the back, I flip my hair over and work it in a little bit at a time. Once all the sea salt is in my hair and worked into my scalp, I bring the rest of my hair up and lather up my whole head.

on 9/17/2012 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This has got to be LUSH's star product. It's definitely the best clarifying shampoo I have ever tried and it does miraculous things to my hair. I have dry hair but I also moved to an area with very hard water, which means that over a period of using regular shampoos, my hair gets very gunked up and dries out even more thanks to product buildup. I've tried so many things to get my hair to behave again - baking soda mixed with shampoo (which is OK, but not amazing), various "clarifying" shampoos, even body wash! I didn't really believe BIG would solve my problems, but it smelled lovely so I thought I'd give it a go. Well, I'm hooked. Yes, it's expensive, but given that you only really need a small bit at each shampoo, I think my tub will last for quite awhile. The texture is funny, but it smells gorgeously of coconut oil. I take a small amount and add plenty of water to lather it in my hand, then make sure my hair is very wet and begin swirling. This lathers so well! In hard water it's nearly impossible to find a shampoo that will actually lather and get all the way down to the scalp - I'm so often left with greasy patches despite multiple shampoos. This gets it all out in one go and feels fabulous while doing so. It rinses very clean - a bit "squeaky" but that's what I need in a clarifier. After it's dry my hair is light, voluminous and gunk-free. It styles better and behaves better for an entire week. I do use a serious moisturizing conditioner with this and I do put jojoba oil in my hair the night before using, but it works amazingly as a once a week treatment. I wouldn't use it more than that unless you've got very oily hair. I am a convert to this shampoo because it's really solved my hard-water hair problems. You'd think using a clarifying shampoo on dry hair wouldn't work, but it's just what I need! I highly recommend this product especially if you are struggling with hard water hair issues.

Iīve been using Big for a long time and had to rewrite my review because I realized, how great this shampoo works for my hair.
And I mean MY hair because clearly, this is not the right shampoo for every type of hair.
My hair is oily at the roots and I have to wash my hair every other day, but he ends are sometimes lacking moisture. I have a mass of shoulderlenght fine hair, that is not coloured and I use no styling tools.
Big is a volumizing sea-salt shampoo in a true sense, because it contains whole grains of sea salt. You basically deal with a rice-pudding-like base formula with big sea salt particles in it. Algae and lime juice are other ingredients that should help to get big shiny hair.
The smell is rather nice, at least in my opinion, a kind of beachy fresh scent with a hint of ocean breeze.
The result of Big is really shiny hair, full of volume and a great texture. Big makes my hair look like a glamorous version of my fine and limp hair.
And the most important thing for me: I only wash my hair with Big and blow-dry my hair. Thatīs all it takes for a great result.
I get a much better results with Big than with other shampoos like Aveda or Tigi and you can see the difference. Big is outstanding, because this one actually delivers what the others just promise.
The shampoo does a pretty awesome job. It leaves my hair voluminous, shining and smelling lovely.
I got so used to having great looking hair, that I was shocked, when I recently ran out of it and within days faced my limp hair again, Thatīs when I decided never to be without this great shampoo.
Even with my oily hair, I use this shampoo only once or twice a week. Why? Because itīs strong and maybe thatīs why so many people have problems with this shampoo.
Either it is the wrong kind of shampoo for your hair type or you use it too often and then it dries out the hair. But use it only sometimes and it does the job. It is a very good cleaning shampoo too.
The best argument for Lush-shampoos in general are the ingredients. No silicones, no coco-betaines, no parabenes, no sulfates. Just good ingredients without animal testing. Some people might dislike the sodium laureth sulfate in it.
From other reviews I get the impression, that itīs either a hit or a miss, depending on your hair. Iīd recommend it to people with oily and fine hair, but in the end, you have to try it out.
But I can definitely say, I love this shampoo.

on 8/31/2012 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo is very very clarifying. Good for oily scalps or limp hair.
My hair is already very very dry, coarse, and insanely frizzy. This shampoo seems to give me a little volume, not that I have limp hair, and leaves your hair squeaky clean for days!
I normally use this only once a month as my hair isn't very greasy, however use it to your liking. When I sprained my ankle a couple weeks ago and couldn't shower everyday, this shampoo kept my hair very clean.
However I could never use this everyday or every week as it is very stripping in my hair.
The scent of this shampoo is just SO good! When I smelled it in the store I thought it was the most disgusting scent ever. But in the shower, it magically changes to this amazing clean perfume-like scent.
The salt chunks may be harsh for sensitive scalps, but if you run some water under it, the salt will disolve.
I personally will not repurchase, but if you are interested definitely ask for a sample as this is pretty expensive.
Hope this was helpful xx

on 8/28/2012 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Wow, this is the ONLY volumising shampoo which I tried that really delivers what it says. It is remarkable. I asked for a sample even though my hair already is naturally voluminous. I was only curious, because I had never seen anything like this. A salt shampoo wtf? But it is amazing and the smell is so good. The Lush person said that it might be drying for the hair, but I did not notice it drying my hair, In fact Godiva dries my hair out more. My hair was full of air after I washed with this and let it naturally dry. It was also so very soft. It truly is amazing.

Top Rated LUSH Products