April 20, 2014 | 1575 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by neptunesglow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to go through two tubes before I realized it was not removing my makeup. My skin felt squeaky clean and very smooth afterwards. Then I noticed clogged pores and added a toner, something I did not do regularly as they could be drying. I could not believe how much makeup came off on the cotton. I went back to Clinique and asked for something deeper cleansing. The girl sold me the bar soap with the intructions that I was to wash first with the rinse-off version and then use the bar soap. Wow, was I a lollipop with legs or what??!! I actually fell for this and STILL had makeup left on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by efontenot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm almost through with my first tube of this, and I plan to repurchase *cue fanfare*

I am a cleanser SNOB. I want perfectly clean pores. I have combo skin that gets irritated in dry winter climates and when my immune system decides to act up- and by irritated, I don't mean breakouts, I mean stinging red cheeks. I want something that will leave me with squeaky clean skin sans irritation (sidenote: I'm not advocating stripping all of your skin's oils, but I do think that cleansers should leave you with clean pores).

I like this stuff. If you like Mary Kay Deep Cleanser (aka #3), then you will probably like this, and vice versa. This is slighly more foaming than MKs, which is why I think it probably has a similar cost per use ratio, even though MK's is cheaper per ounce. I went through Sephora to purchase this, since I knew I could return it if it didn't work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! After years of believing the hype train on Philosophy's Purity Made Simple -- I am back to the tried and true. I love this cleanser. It's fragrance free (unlike Lancome's version of this), love the foaming action, and it took all of the crud off my face (along with Clinique 7 Day Scrub). LOVE THIS! Because I don't wear daily eye make-up, I do use it on my eyes as well, even though you aren't supposed to. So it does sting a little bit if you don't rinse it thoroughly enough. If you wear eye make-up use an excellent remover first. But there is no need to follow this with another cleanser (as Clinique recommends). If you love products that foam, use this. It's a great product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by glitterspritz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely sensitive skin, with reactions ranging from cracking to acne to hives from most facial cleansers. I got a full size bottle as a gift and decided to give it a try.

It easily removes long-wear make-up. Completely removes it. It also cuts right through most sunscreens, which, until now, have always seemed to just stick around on my face no matter what.

My skin is actually improving with use. Also, a little dot of product is all you need -- just add some water and rub your hands together to foam. This bottle will last me forever! I've checked the price, and for how little you need a day this product is a steal.

The only downside is that you really do have to ration it, add plenty of water to foam, and rinse well. If you use too much or don't add enough water, it can be drying or feel like something is left on your skin. For me, about the size of a pencil eraser is more than enough.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I ran out of my staple Liquid Facial Soap and so used this until I could buy more.

I hate this stuff! It leaves an awful film on my face and doesn't feel like it removes all of my makeup. Luckily this was a sample size, I wouln't buy this. It also left my skin feeling tight and almost painful, but didn't break me out. The squeeze tube is ok, but handling this with wet hands is quite cumbersome.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Cellardoor367

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used a travel size sample of this and I thought it seemed so awesome so I bought it. It wasn't the same using it every day. It feels like there is a residue left on my skin sometimes, even though it gets so dry. And it is insanely painful to get in your eyes!!! I don't k.ow why it wasn't the same having the full size bottle. Maybe its not meant for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by cassielynn24

i really enjoy this face wash. i have the small tester size and it will last me around 2 or 3 months i think. if used alone it can be drying. so i mix a drop of it with my bioelements gentle cleanser, together the to make a dream on my face. a little goes such a long way, so big bang for your buck. removes all makeup and leaves skin fresh and clean!! so great, give it a go

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is absolutely my favourite cleanser ever! With acne prone skin, TRUST me, i've tried most other brands but after i got a sample of this...been using it every single day! Recently a clinique expert asked me to try the liquid facial soap cleanser which worked pretty well...but the foaming cleanser feels a LOT more luxurious on ur skin and lathers so well and all u need is a tiny little bit (is there something smaller than a pea-sized amount?) for you r whole face! and unlike the liquid cleanser, this is less drying on your skin. Considering the comparable prices of both bottles, I would probably recommend the foaming cleanser over the liquid soap cuz this foaming cleanser feels a LOT better, makes ur skin a lot more even and the bottle lasts a LOT longer! I haven't had a single breakout since I started using it! :) Tad expensive but aren't we all worth it?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

This is a make up remover + facial cleanser. However I don't trust this to remove full make up (ie. sunblock, liquid foundation, waterproof eyeliners/mascaras etc) so I usually use this after a cleansing oil or cleansing milk (both work for me). I only use this on its own when I am wearing very light makeup (think: sunblock + loose powder). Leaves my skin feeling very clean after cleansing but can be a tad drying as with all foamy cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first face makeup remover I've used, so I don't have anything else to compare it against, but I really like this product a lot. It doesn't remove one-hundred percent of my makeup, and the toner doesn't either. But I think that's normal with anything. I wasn't going to buy this, until I had been wearing a couple foundations that are "water resistant." I gave in and bought it, and I think it makes my face look visibly better using a face makeup remover, before a cleanser.

EDIT: I no longer use this. I've found high-end cleansers that remove makeup and cleanse the face at the same time. I quit using Clinique because they require two face washes, two moisturizers, and just overall complicate the skin care process with all of the unnecessary steps.