December 18, 2014 | 1647 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by bryanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the consistency of this cleanser (very creamy) but ultimately am not a fan. It didn't really foam and it felt like the cleanser just sat on my face. Yuck!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I only used this when I was bought it as a gift, and then subsequently i used the little mini freebies. personally Im a bit meh about this. It foams up amazingly, and feels soft, but it left my skin feeling less than clean even though all makeup had gone. I think it was just the way it was!! Wouldnt repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ECPienaar

I have tried other cleansers and have yet to find one as good as this. It literally makes your skin feel squeaky clean and takes off all your make up. However, keep it away from your eyes,it stings like hell!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by SparklestheUnicorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I gave this cleanser a fair try- I've used it for two weeks and I absolutely hate it. It doesn't take my makeup off, it seems to strip my skin of all its natural oils and it leaves a film on my face. I have combination skin and my entire face has never felt as dry as when I use this cleanser. I did a little research and found out that this product is meant to be used with two other products- a lotion beforehand to take off makeup and you're supposed to use another cleanser after this one. I think that's absolute BS. I understand that one product can't do everything but I expect a face wash to at least take off most of my face make up and NOT strip my skin and make it dry.

I will not be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by lealealea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as a makeup remover and my skin is amazing; it gets everything off (but I use a separate one for eyes, this would sting) and follow with the 3-step system. AMAZING WILL ALWAYS USE.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by FabulousFemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this cleanser! It's perfect for the winter when my skin tends to get dry, flaky patches. Contrary to other reviews I have read for this product, there is no noticeable smell and it definitely does not leave any sort of film on my face. This product does sting quite a bit when I get it in my eyes. I gave this a 4/5 because it doest not fully remove all of my makeup and I can always find traces of it on the cotton ball after I tone my face with the #3 clarifying lotion. However these two products together get my face super clean and smooth. As well, although the package says to follow with the three-step system, I leave out the liquid facial soap. It really isn't necessary. After I use this cleanser and tone my face, I use the dramatically different moisturizing gel. These three products work very well together!
I hope this helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by shirleyV

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do like this cleanser/ facewash but although I have bought it several times before I am not sure I will buy it again because I have tried a few cheaper products which actually do the same job, I have to say that it does last forever though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

O'boy. This strips my face of all the moisture, seriously, my skin gets so stripped by this cleanser that if I try to stroke my cheek with a finger it won't move (the finger). There is no moisture left after having cleansed with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by neptunesglow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to go through two tubes before I realized it was not removing my makeup. My skin felt squeaky clean and very smooth afterwards. Then I noticed clogged pores and added a toner, something I did not do regularly as they could be drying. I could not believe how much makeup came off on the cotton. I went back to Clinique and asked for something deeper cleansing. The girl sold me the bar soap with the intructions that I was to wash first with the rinse-off version and then use the bar soap. Wow, was I a lollipop with legs or what??!! I actually fell for this and STILL had makeup left on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by efontenot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm almost through with my first tube of this, and I plan to repurchase *cue fanfare*

I am a cleanser SNOB. I want perfectly clean pores. I have combo skin that gets irritated in dry winter climates and when my immune system decides to act up- and by irritated, I don't mean breakouts, I mean stinging red cheeks. I want something that will leave me with squeaky clean skin sans irritation (sidenote: I'm not advocating stripping all of your skin's oils, but I do think that cleansers should leave you with clean pores).

I like this stuff. If you like Mary Kay Deep Cleanser (aka #3), then you will probably like this, and vice versa. This is slighly more foaming than MKs, which is why I think it probably has a similar cost per use ratio, even though MK's is cheaper per ounce. I went through Sephora to purchase this, since I knew I could return it if it didn't work.