January 25, 2015 | 2032 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 5:47:00 AM More reviews by snow_ice

This is my lastest body scrub. Bought it because of the reviews on MUA and didnt disappoint at all. This is a great scrub and it's about $18 CAN. This is a very creamy scrub, the scrub itself is not too big or too small, didnt not melt or disappear with water, it stays as long as i want it to be. Overall, it does a good job on exfoliating and by the same time moisturizing my skin as well, thanks to the cocoa butter. I usually use Origins body scrubs and still I'd say Origins is better but for the price, TBS beats that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 6:41:00 PM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub ! the smell isint that nice i find it a bit strong it smells like marsipan i think but it doesnt bother me that much.Its really creamy and moisturising but not oily like most of TBS scrubs the grains are quite big and scrub well .will absolutely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2006 8:34:00 AM More reviews by nnana

One of my favourite products from TBS has got to be this scrub. Love the scent, and love the effect - smoother and softer skin. Its non-drying too, but non-greasy either. My HG scrub!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2006 10:23:00 AM More reviews by ritamac

Love this. The grains are the perfect size, and it really seems to soften my skin, without leaving it greasy. Works really well on legs before shaving. The smell is great too. Only downside is the packaging - I wish it came in a tube rather than a tub, but really I can live with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Fridgie

I got this on sale for $9 instead of the regular price $18 at a Boxing Day sale. This scrub is delicious and is my fave scrub now. I only use a little bit and I find it spreads well and there is enough grains to do a great job at exfoliating. I really like using it on my legs before shaving and it gets rid of those bumps on my arms and the rough patches on my elbows.
The smell is not exactly like the matching cocoa butter body butter scent, but it's a bit like a cherry almond shea butter smell. I find it's quite delicious and doesn't leave behind a nasty smell.
I am not sure if I would buy it again at regular price as it's a bit too expensive but considering it does a great job, maybe I would.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2005 8:45:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was ok, the scent wasn't my favorite, but was subtle enough, that I didn't really mind. It left my skin feeling soft and quite smooth, but overall I thought that this was just an average scrub, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2005 7:40:00 AM More reviews by visee

I don't usually buy TBS products as past experiences have been hit and miss. But I'd heard a lot of good reviews about this scrub and decided to try it as a cheaper alternative to the Origins scrubs that I love.

This scrub does live up to the raves. It smells delish, and is quite grainy, leaving my skin smooth and soft. Best of all, it doesn't leave any oily residue, unlike some of other oil-based scrubs TBS has. Finished one tub already and will definately repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2005 10:32:00 AM More reviews by SED119

I did not like the smell of this - far too sweet! UK ladies check out Boots Mediterranean range where you can buy their Milk, Almond & Pistachio Body Scrub for half the price (5) at the same size (200ml). The smell is gorgeous, its very subtle and the quality is the same as TBS if not better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lubenica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a fan of Body Shop, I find their products ordinary and quite unimaginative.
But this one is good enough to eat, and it works beautifully and smells divine. Enough to warrant 5 lippies from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2005 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jo1576

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've tried LOTS of body scrubs in the past, but none like this one! I love that it has a creamy texture and is not oily like others I've tried. IMO, every body scrub should be made this way! It also rinses much cleaner than any other scrub I've tried, and I don't leave the shower feeling greasy. And the scent! It smells just like my favorite Vanilla Almond tea, so my first impulse upon smelling it was wishing I could eat it! I love this product to death and would buy it in cases if I could. It is a bit pricey, but totally worth it. No more trying different body scrubs for me! UPDATE: I am still loving this scrub. I have repurchased this three times now. I was told by a TBS salesgirl that all of their body scrubs are being reformulated to be more like this one (creamy) and if that's the case I may try their other scrubs in the future.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No