December 19, 2014 | 1305 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Fridgie

I got this on sale for $9 instead of the regular price $18 at a Boxing Day sale. This scrub is delicious and is my fave scrub now. I only use a little bit and I find it spreads well and there is enough grains to do a great job at exfoliating. I really like using it on my legs before shaving and it gets rid of those bumps on my arms and the rough patches on my elbows.
The smell is not exactly like the matching cocoa butter body butter scent, but it's a bit like a cherry almond shea butter smell. I find it's quite delicious and doesn't leave behind a nasty smell.
I am not sure if I would buy it again at regular price as it's a bit too expensive but considering it does a great job, maybe I would.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2005 8:45:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was ok, the scent wasn't my favorite, but was subtle enough, that I didn't really mind. It left my skin feeling soft and quite smooth, but overall I thought that this was just an average scrub, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2005 7:40:00 AM More reviews by visee

I don't usually buy TBS products as past experiences have been hit and miss. But I'd heard a lot of good reviews about this scrub and decided to try it as a cheaper alternative to the Origins scrubs that I love.

This scrub does live up to the raves. It smells delish, and is quite grainy, leaving my skin smooth and soft. Best of all, it doesn't leave any oily residue, unlike some of other oil-based scrubs TBS has. Finished one tub already and will definately repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2005 10:32:00 AM More reviews by SED119

I did not like the smell of this - far too sweet! UK ladies check out Boots Mediterranean range where you can buy their Milk, Almond & Pistachio Body Scrub for half the price (5) at the same size (200ml). The smell is gorgeous, its very subtle and the quality is the same as TBS if not better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lubenica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a fan of Body Shop, I find their products ordinary and quite unimaginative.
But this one is good enough to eat, and it works beautifully and smells divine. Enough to warrant 5 lippies from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2005 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jo1576

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've tried LOTS of body scrubs in the past, but none like this one! I love that it has a creamy texture and is not oily like others I've tried. IMO, every body scrub should be made this way! It also rinses much cleaner than any other scrub I've tried, and I don't leave the shower feeling greasy. And the scent! It smells just like my favorite Vanilla Almond tea, so my first impulse upon smelling it was wishing I could eat it! I love this product to death and would buy it in cases if I could. It is a bit pricey, but totally worth it. No more trying different body scrubs for me! UPDATE: I am still loving this scrub. I have repurchased this three times now. I was told by a TBS salesgirl that all of their body scrubs are being reformulated to be more like this one (creamy) and if that's the case I may try their other scrubs in the future.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2005 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeupObsessed

I really like this product...it smells amazing, invigorating in the shower and feels great on the body. Its refreshing. Though I do agree that I really don't like the packaging because the cover is hard to close and water gets in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2005 5:50:00 AM More reviews by HesterB

This smells so delicious you never forget to exfoliate in the shower! The natural scrub particles are effective, and the moisturising base leaves my skin feeling soft, not irritated afterwards. The trouble is that the tub packaging isn't that easy to open with slippery hands, and if you don't get the lid back on straight away it fills up with water. Oh, and it's ASTONISHINGLY expensive: ten pounds for 200ml. Even though a little goes a long way, that's still bizarrely expensive for a product that you basically wash off. Or maybe I just have a large surface area. Still, it's worth it for a treat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2005 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Chelle80

This is a really great scrub that I'd describe as mild-medium coarseness. I LOVE the smell but I'm a sucker for cocoa butter. It works as intended, doesn't cost too much, cute container. I'll repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2005 12:39:00 AM More reviews by michitk

My HG scrub. Smells delicious and works like a charm. I especially love to use it on my legs before shaving. My fav part is that the exfoliant is actually ground up rice and nut powder which will give maximum scrubbing potential!