November 25, 2014 | 1816 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2005 8:45:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was ok, the scent wasn't my favorite, but was subtle enough, that I didn't really mind. It left my skin feeling soft and quite smooth, but overall I thought that this was just an average scrub, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2005 7:40:00 AM More reviews by visee

I don't usually buy TBS products as past experiences have been hit and miss. But I'd heard a lot of good reviews about this scrub and decided to try it as a cheaper alternative to the Origins scrubs that I love.

This scrub does live up to the raves. It smells delish, and is quite grainy, leaving my skin smooth and soft. Best of all, it doesn't leave any oily residue, unlike some of other oil-based scrubs TBS has. Finished one tub already and will definately repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2005 10:32:00 AM More reviews by SED119

I did not like the smell of this - far too sweet! UK ladies check out Boots Mediterranean range where you can buy their Milk, Almond & Pistachio Body Scrub for half the price (5) at the same size (200ml). The smell is gorgeous, its very subtle and the quality is the same as TBS if not better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lubenica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a fan of Body Shop, I find their products ordinary and quite unimaginative.
But this one is good enough to eat, and it works beautifully and smells divine. Enough to warrant 5 lippies from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2005 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jo1576

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've tried LOTS of body scrubs in the past, but none like this one! I love that it has a creamy texture and is not oily like others I've tried. IMO, every body scrub should be made this way! It also rinses much cleaner than any other scrub I've tried, and I don't leave the shower feeling greasy. And the scent! It smells just like my favorite Vanilla Almond tea, so my first impulse upon smelling it was wishing I could eat it! I love this product to death and would buy it in cases if I could. It is a bit pricey, but totally worth it. No more trying different body scrubs for me! UPDATE: I am still loving this scrub. I have repurchased this three times now. I was told by a TBS salesgirl that all of their body scrubs are being reformulated to be more like this one (creamy) and if that's the case I may try their other scrubs in the future.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2005 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeupObsessed

I really like this product...it smells amazing, invigorating in the shower and feels great on the body. Its refreshing. Though I do agree that I really don't like the packaging because the cover is hard to close and water gets in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2005 5:50:00 AM More reviews by HesterB

This smells so delicious you never forget to exfoliate in the shower! The natural scrub particles are effective, and the moisturising base leaves my skin feeling soft, not irritated afterwards. The trouble is that the tub packaging isn't that easy to open with slippery hands, and if you don't get the lid back on straight away it fills up with water. Oh, and it's ASTONISHINGLY expensive: ten pounds for 200ml. Even though a little goes a long way, that's still bizarrely expensive for a product that you basically wash off. Or maybe I just have a large surface area. Still, it's worth it for a treat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2005 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Chelle80

This is a really great scrub that I'd describe as mild-medium coarseness. I LOVE the smell but I'm a sucker for cocoa butter. It works as intended, doesn't cost too much, cute container. I'll repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2005 12:39:00 AM More reviews by michitk

My HG scrub. Smells delicious and works like a charm. I especially love to use it on my legs before shaving. My fav part is that the exfoliant is actually ground up rice and nut powder which will give maximum scrubbing potential!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ezone25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to try this product after my favourite body scrub, H20+'s Purifying Seaweed Slouging Cream (body scrub), was unfortunately discontinued in early 2005 (which really disappointed me since I couldn't find anything else at the time that matched its calibre). Thus, I went to the Body Shop to find a body scrub, since their products smell so yummy. I am glad that I was able to talk with a salesperson, who recommended this scrub since I told her that I hate scrubs that feel greasy and leave my bathtub slicked (totally dangerous!). I got this as part of a 2 for $30 Cdn promotion, along with the Cocoa Butter Body Butter (which I gave to my mom). This scrub is a definite close second to my previous H20+ one! It smells delicious enough to eat, has a nice creamy texture, grainy enough to feel like a "real" scrub and leaves my skin so smooth, clean and fresh! It really is indeed a good prep for moisturizer. The only caveats are that when rinsing, the floor of my bathtub is full of the grains i.e. doesn't dissolve like the salt ones, and it is a bit pricey (regularly $17 Cdn) for its 200 ml, but I can live with it since it is non-greasy and an excellent alternative (H20+'s scrub was regularly priced at $33 Cdn for I think 400 ml or 600 ml...can't remember at the moment). I will definitely buy this product again; Ebay is a good place to check out for cheap prices but it's still worth buying at its regular price. On a sidenote, I recently tried the coconut body scrub, and was absolutely horrified and disgusted! It was the total opposite of the cocoa butter one! The only solace is that I bought the coconut one on Ebay for around $2.25 US! I will be putting up my review for this coconut one soon but suffice it to say for now that that is one of the more horrendous scrubs I have tried so far!