September 23, 2014 | 1334 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Lip Smackers

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I will always have one of these around.

*******************************************************************************************************

What alternatives to animal testing does The Bonne Bell Company use?
WE DO NOT TEST ON ANIMALS

The Bonne Bell Company does not use animal testing, either in-house or through outside contractors, for any safety or efficacy evaluations of our products. This policy works well with our development programs.

At present, there are several test procedures available to The Bonne Bell Company that help us substantiate the safety and effectiveness of our products. All of these studies are conducted on human panelists, in a clinical setting, with physicians' supervision and documentation. The testing options include irritation and sensitization potential, light reactivity, exaggerated usage, drug effectiveness, claims substantiation and comparative claims support.

These extensive procedures are performed by trained professionals to assure that The Bonne Bell Company products are safe and provide the consumer with the proper features and benefits.

What are Lip Smackers made of?
Castor oil - A natural oil obtained from the seeds of Ricinus Communis. This ingredient gives emolliency and gloss to the lips.

Beeswax - A natural purified wax obtained from the honeycomb of the bee, Apis Mellifera. This ingredient gives structure and rigidity to Lip Smackers.

Cetyl Acetate - This is an ester of cetyl alcohol and acetic acid. This ingredient gives emollience and gloss to the lips. It is also a conditioner of dry, chapped lips.

Candelilla Wax - A natural wax obtained from various plant species of Euphoriaceae.

Flavor/Fragrance - These are comprised of both natural and artificial ingredients, all of which are GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) for use in cosmetic and food products. These ingredients give Lip Smackers their characteristic flavor and aroma.

Polybutene - A polymer which is made up of a mixture of butenes. This ingredient adds gloss and wearability to the product.

Sesame Oil - A natural oil obtained from the seeds of Sesamim Indicum. This ingredient adds gloss and emolliency.

Ozokerite - A wax derived from mineral or petroleum sources. This ingredient adds rigidity and structure to the product.

Carnauba - A natural wax obtained from the leaves and leaf buds of the Brazilian Wax Palm, Coperinicia Cerefera. This ingredient adds rigidity and structure.

Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol - The acetyl ester of lanolin alcohol. This is derived from lanolin, a by-product of the wool industry. This is a very good conditioner for dry, chapped lips.

Mineral Oil - A refined liquid obtained from petroleum. This ingredient adds emolliency to the lips.

Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides - This is the end product of a reaction using soybean oil. This ingredient adds structure and rigidity to the product. Also, it provides conditioning for dry, chapped lips.

Are there any animal by-products in Bonne Bell cosmetics?
Lanolin - Lanolin is a natural, renewable raw material derived from shorn wool - a cruelty free by-product of wool washing which, if not utilized, would increase environmental problems associated with disposal.

Beeswax - Regarding the beeswax we use, it is collected from honey. After the honey is extracted, the beeswax is left and it is processed for the cosmetic and other industries that use it. It is not, by any means, obtained in any inhumane way.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by PepsiGirl4Life

I use Lip Smackers before I go to bed and my lips never get chapped anymore. Also, it smells really good. I have the Strawberry one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't written a review for these yet! I have been using this since my childhood years. I love the taste, smell and feel of lip smackers. They're so moisturizing and most don't give off too much color, which is what I like in a lip balm. Plus, they're cheap, and there is such a large variety to choose from!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetgirl361

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these! I remember using these as a kid and still use them on occasion. I love all the different flavors. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a great product. So many different fun flavors to choose from. =) These are nice for any age group.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by worstnightmare

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

They have a great smell and are really cheap. I like having one in my purse in case I get dry lips. Love 'em :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by piratefemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I kept one of these, came in a different packaging called "flip shades" and you flipped the top and pushed out the lipchap/gloss/stick ... so slightly reminiscent of a switchblade.

I kept it cause I moved to the UK. 7 years ago. I still have it. It still smells like cherry cola, still works perfectly, the red/burgundy colour hasn't gone glomy or sticky. I use it on occation when I want a darker colour than the usual pinks I wear.

7 years and still perfect shape.

Granted, not the best performing lip balm. But it really is fun, it gives me lovely feelings about climbing trees when I was younger, it reminds me of home in lovely ways in a very cemented london.

I will be purchasing more when I am able to get home for a visit. Haven't been in 7 years. And this stuff is a great balm to homesickness though maybe not so much for lips. but they *are* fun.

I may not be able to have bright metalic blue mohawks anymore (and still work) but I have a switchblade cherry coke lipstick/lip smacker from bonnebell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE!
Love the glossy moist texture. Love how these leave my lips hydrated. Not crazy about most of the scents, but Dr Pepper is my HG fave.
No other lip balm moisturizes my lips all day & all night like Bonne Bell LipSmackers.
LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by harpiequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't understand all the "I'm too old to use this." comments.

I'm too old to care what anybody thinks of my lip moisturizing habits.

I'm old ENOUGH to use whatever I want, and so are all of you. Just go for it. The major selling point of being an adult is that you're free to do as you please. :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by kalosa82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as smell goes, GREAT. Not sure if this is suppose to help dry lips cuz THAT it does not do for me. As for flavor, it depends on what it is. Have you tried the skittles flavors? Eesh. Tastes nothing like skittles which is a bummer because thats my favorite fruity candy. So overall it a "Mehhh." for me.