September 2, 2014 | 1826 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Airbrush Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by dacy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have used Prescriptives concealer for years, but now that they are OOB, is out of my price range. So, have tried several to no avail. Sales girl showed me Clinique's air~brush & i instantly liked it. Is smooth, crease~less, and doesn't dry out like some. Only reason i didn't give it a 5 is the staying power is not great, though it is better than many i've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by nicolemcnally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

this concealer is great for eyes and spots, okay for redness and has a pinkyness to it. you twist the end of it and it clicks a few times and then you see the concealer come out of the brush in a silky dewy way. the brush is really soft and doesnt irratate the skin, amazing foundation but runs out after about a month.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a dedicated user of the YSL Touche Eclat for about 3 years now after trying many many different types of concealers to mask my under eye circles. I had given this one a try about 4 years ago and it just didn't work out for me. I don't know if it's that I've gotten older, more skilled at using these types of concealers, or that I now use proper under eye skincare, but this is my new favorite concealer! I use the lightest one, and it works great! The orangish shade is great because I'm blue under toned and my circles are even more blue. So the orange completely cancels out the darkness. I was worried that it would be too dark for my skin, but it blends really easily and I only use a tiny amount. I also use a bit of my foundation first, and that seems to help it blend in a bit more. It's a bit more pigmented that the Touche Eclat and way cheaper, so I feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of it. There's been no irritation around my eyes and as long as I set it with a light dusting of powder, there are no smudges. The staying power is just as good as YSL too. It's a great product. I'm so happy that I don't have to spend $42 on my Touche Eclat anymore. I'm generally not a fan of Clinique but I think that they have a few amazing products that really deserve more credit and this is one of them. Thumbs up Clinique!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by productjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised by the negative reviews too. I love to use this as an under eye concealer and works just as well as YSL eclat touche but for so much less. It does such a great job of brightening up my eyes without looking like i caked on makeup. The coverage is very natural and blends right into my skin without settling into any lines. It works just as well as the super expensive under eye concealers so gives so much bang for its buck!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by somethingnovel

This is the first concealer I have tired and I will not be purchasing again. I like it under my eyes but for covering up blemishes, redness, lines, etc it doesn't work at all. The coverage is very thin and I don't like that. I find that I end up applying multiple coats, which is not something I want to do with a concealer. The packaging is unique. I like the idea of a twist up and brush end, but I think that it could breed bacteria and leave product in the tube. All in all I will be looking for another concealer when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

All the shades didn't quite work for me, both 02 Light and 04 Neutral Fair were too yellowish and gave me reverse-raccoon eyes. The other shade was in Medium I think? It was a salmon-y peach which worked quite well in reducing the look of dark circles but I find that it was a tad too dark for me. Coverage was minimal, like what the other reviewers had mentioned, the Airbrush concealer acts more like a brightener than a "concealer".

Edited (May 2012): Bumped my rating to 3. I use 04 Neutral Fair as a brightener/highlight on my nose bridge, brow bone, cheek bones etc. Gives a subtle illuminated effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so surpriced about all the negative reviews here. This "concealer" is more like a brightener and is light and nice for us girls who don't want to put too much make-up around our eyes.

I have my good and bad days when it comes to dark circles but this concealer always does the job and it is light so it still looks natural.

I did use the Bobbi Brown concealer but it was sooo heavy that I really felt uncomfortable with all this concealer around my eyes.

Clinique was the soloution of my probles and has a bit more coverage than YSL Touche éclat.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by TPan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard so much abt this product and saw a make-up artist using it on YouTube and highly recommending it. Went out and spent 32 bucks! What a waste! Half an hour after completing make-up, I looked in the mirror under different lights and daylight and my undereye shadows looked worse than when I had no product on. I'm gonna toss it aside. Old faithful drugstore Maybelline concealer. 3rd Oct 2011: the Maybelline started going grey on me. Rummaged for this clunique and using it. It does brighten but no coverage. Am on the hunt again. 23 Sep 2012: I've started using Bourjois healthy mix gel foundation or Lancôme teint miracle. This concealer works best over the Lancôme foundation under the eyes. I don't know what Lancôme has but now I'm not getting creases or crepiness. I'm liking it now

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by sarahu1w

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am disappointed to say this product makes my eye area look worse than it does without concealer. I have darkness all around my eyes which I want to cover, but I am an eczema sufferer and I find this product really highlights dryness and just makes me look old, and frankly a bit ill :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by emorris4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and I love it. That being said, I could understand why other people don't like it as it might not be as effective. I ONLY use this concealer on under eye circles. Nothing else. I use the lightest shade (I'm very pale). The concealer has a lot of pink in it and works very well for my skin tone and to offset dark circles, but might not work well for other skin tones.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No