April 20, 2014 | 1497 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by sandyleexo

I believe that this is what got my acne under control. yes it is drying but it really works over time. it takes a little rubbing to wash off but once you pat your face dry it feels very soft and smooth. I only use this at night and i use olay sensitive skin face wipes in the morning, this little regimen seems to be working pretty good. Neutrogena is the only brand i trust for acne and ive tried so many different products its almost depressing..lol i would buy this again

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Shortbrows

I thought this was a fairly good cleanser. It's didn't sting my face when I'm using it, and rinsed well. It didn't make me break out in angry red blotches like other acne face washes have. And my skin feels soft and tingly after using it. However, after several months of using this, I don't see as much improvement as I had hoped, so I won't use this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by piquiwithmaple

This is the first time I tried a cleanser from Neutrogena. It was not bad; it does what it is supposed to do---to clean. I didn't breakout from it. I also don't feel that my skin become overdried, as some reviewers noticed. Nonetheless, I keep a "religious" daily routine of cleaning, scrubing, toner, and moisturizing. Maybe the combination of these factors is helping. Although I didn't LOVE it, I would buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by skinadict13

I am so upset this didn't work for me!!! It made my face feel so clean....this along with clear pore oil eliminating astringint. I was on a really good face care routine and basically had a few blackheads here and their, but then of course I tried this stuff and and thought that this stuff felt like it was really cleaninf my skin. I broke out the following day I used it, but thought maybe it was the transition time between my skincare routines. But it's 2 weeks later and I'm still breaking out!! I'm so dissapointed, I guess I'll go back to Clean and Clear blackhead clearing scrub, Bigelow's Rose Water skin Tonic (although I continued to use this stuff during the new face care...I love it so much! I think it held off some incoming pimples ;) )and Befine's night creme. This stuff broke me out and dried me out...i don't understand. I might choose to try it again...I'll comment later if so.

UPDATE: I absolutely HATE this stuff! I tried this again maybe 3 months later, and within a week I broke out. I tried to ride it out longer this time but at 4 weeks, my skin just couldn't take it anymore. I looked splotchy and pimples were EVERYWHERE. Of course I also developed a bit of horribly ugly, painful cystic acne. I havn't had this is for over 2 years. I was embaressed to go anywhere and even cringed when I had to retake my picture at the "Y" with a face full of concealer. Ugh, I'm finally beginning to heal by using St. Ives medicated scrub every other day. I still am dealing with the cystic problems however, I suppose these things will take time. I will NEVER repurchase, nor will I reccomend this to a friend. But still, even though I had terrible results doesn't mean you will, however you must relize that every time you try a new product you run the chance of irritating you're skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by skinadict13

I am so upset this didn't work for me!!! It made my face feel so clean....this along with clear pore oil eliminating astringint. I was on a really good face care routine and basically had zero of the big red blemishes, but then of course I tried this stuff and said: oooo this feels so good!!! I broke out the following day I used it, but thought maybe it was the transition time between facial change thingys. But it's 2 weeks later and I'm still breaking out!! I'm so dissapointed, I guess I'll go back to Clean and Clear blackhead clearing scrub, Bigelow's Rose Water skin Tonic (although I continued to use this stuff during the new face care...I love it so much! I think it held off some incoming pimples ;) )and Befine's night creme. This stuff broke me out and dried me out...i don't understand. I might choose to try it again...I'll comment later if so.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by carllin87

Well, this is one of the two worst cleansers that i've tried so far (the other one being the neutrogena pore refining cleanser). My bf bought this, and after my skin got irritated to no end by the pore refining cleanser i decided to give this a shot til i find a new cleanser. This one was not as bad as the former... but I find it really really drying! It made my face all tight and my eyes felt like they were being pulled downwards. My boyfriend had even worse breakouts after using this cleanser.... kinda backfired I would say. So no, not gonna buy this again, unless they improve the formula...it's too harsh and too drying.

p.s My flatmate also had more breakouts after using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by hallonchris182

product is great.. just not for my skin type. i have combination skin(dry/normal)... doesn't foam up, smell is like all the other neutrogena oil free washes, nice squeeze bottle, product would go better with someone who has oily skin .. contains salicylic acid to get rid of pimples. dried out my skin but nice product overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by weeks919

I relly enjoy the oil-free products from Neutrogena. They clean my skin really well and help to control my acne. I don't call this a miracle product, but it certainly will help to control minimal acne. If you have dry or combination skin, this is NOT something I would reccomend. Its great for oily skin, even during the summer and the heat and humidity. I hope it will be gentle enough for winter use, but with the harsh air and cold I think I may have to find something thicker. You have to be careful when you squeeze the tube though because it tends to come out in globs.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by biancagrowl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sucks, dried out my oily skin, doesn't clean that well. Packaging sucks because the "Cream" slides out in large amounts when I open the lid..I'll never buy again. Ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Addie0184

This does absolutely nothing for my face, it dried it out a little around my nose and thats where I get a little tiny bit dry but basically nothing. I won't buy this again because I can find better things from Neutrogena.