Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

3.3

OLD FORMULA: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Di C12 15 Alkyl Fumarate, Coco Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Matricaria Flower Extract (chamomilla recutita), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Potato Starch (solanum tuberosum), Propylene Glycol, Fragrance 5/29/09 NEW FORMULA: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl, Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. 04/08/2011

This cleanser ruined my skin! It was probably my fault for trying it because since being on Accutane (3 years ago) my skin is dry especially here in Canadian winters... I was using Spectro Jel and that was really good in not drying out my skin, but it was not getting rid of my zits around my chin, so I decided to try out this cleanser after reading some good reviews. After 1 use of this my skin is so irritated it actually hurts. It has become very sensitive even to my HG moisturizer (Ponds Dry Skin Cream). My skin feels scaly which makes my pores around my cheeks look huge! Whenever I work out, the sweat even stings my face... overall I am very distressed! I don't think this cleanser is meant for people with dry/sensitive skin, and I should have done some research before. I have switched back to Spectro Jel in hopes that my skin will get back to normal... If this has happened to anyone else, let me know what I can do to alleviate the irritation!

This cleanser is like heaven for my skin! The creamy texture of this wash is nice beacause its soft and keeps my skin well hydrated while im using it this wash is my go to for my skin it fights acne and dry skin in one I will be holding on to this one for along time!

I haven't used this product in a while, but this was my first acne cleanser when I was 13 or 14 - it worked okay, nothing impressive, but the cream formula is nice when you don't want your skin to dry out. Didn't clog my pores as far as I could remember, but I don't think it did a very good job preventing or cleaning acne.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This was the first acne product I used and I remembered that it worked and that my face was getting better. But, this being my first & I was younger, I didn't keep up with it and used it ever now and then until it finished. When I did use it, it worked though, but I wasn't consistent. I'm not sure why I didn't buy this again.. probably because they came out with other stuff that said it worked better. Hmm, maybe I'll try this again some day. (:

This was my go-to cleanser for *years*. I loved it! The scent is nice (and mild). I love the thick cream texture. It leaves skin smooth and soft and does not overdry. It's a great everyday cleanser and I miss it. I'm currently using a cleanser that also removes my long-wear gel eyeliner in one step.

Unfortunately, this product did nothing for my breakouts or perma-blackheads. (I recently learned about *topical* salicylic acid products, instead of something like this, where the active ingredient is only on your skin a short time and then goes down the drain. I've since had better luck with other products.) That said, I still think this is a great simple cleanser. If i wasn't looking for a double-duty product, I would return to this. I just wouldn't expect it to help breakouts on it's own.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this product quite a bit. It lathers well, it smells nicely and it's gentle yet effective. I never even had to use makeup remover when using this cleanser. It also didn't dry out my skin, which I've been having a problem with as of lately. Give it a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great product. About a month ago I switched to this after using the Neutrogena advanced solutions regimen for about 2 months. Once the cleanser ran out I picked up the OFCC out from my "stash" of acne products. About a week later my skin felt smoother and the cystic acne was clearing up. I continue using the lotions from the advanced solutions, but wow, what a difference the cleanser made because it's been clearing up my skin lovely. I do have some flaking but I'll take that over large cystic pimples on my face. Although I do find this very creamy so it takes some effort to make sure you really cleanse your face well and rinse well. Overall, I'm sticking with this! Try it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I believe that this is what got my acne under control. yes it is drying but it really works over time. it takes a little rubbing to wash off but once you pat your face dry it feels very soft and smooth. I only use this at night and i use olay sensitive skin face wipes in the morning, this little regimen seems to be working pretty good. Neutrogena is the only brand i trust for acne and ive tried so many different products its almost depressing..lol i would buy this again

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this was a fairly good cleanser. It's didn't sting my face when I'm using it, and rinsed well. It didn't make me break out in angry red blotches like other acne face washes have. And my skin feels soft and tingly after using it. However, after several months of using this, I don't see as much improvement as I had hoped, so I won't use this again.

This is the first time I tried a cleanser from Neutrogena. It was not bad; it does what it is supposed to do---to clean. I didn't breakout from it. I also don't feel that my skin become overdried, as some reviewers noticed. Nonetheless, I keep a "religious" daily routine of cleaning, scrubing, toner, and moisturizing. Maybe the combination of these factors is helping. Although I didn't LOVE it, I would buy it again.