April 24, 2014 | 1073 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - blackhead eraser scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sparkly101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product!! I only have blackheads on my nose. It cleared it up really fast! I have normal skin. I could see a difference after 2 uses! I tried he blackhead eraser and it did NOTHING for my blackheads! This TOTALLY worked and will be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by audiolovely

Quite drying, so use it sparingly.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by caramelfrapp

Would definitely not use this product again, not only did it make no difference to my blackheads but it made me break out more than usual and gave my flaky patches all over my nose (and my skin is oily, not dry). It promises to make a difference to blackheads within the first day, but made no difference after two weeks. I even tried the method that some users have suggested by leaving it on to let the salicylic work but it made no difference whatsoever, and the smell was awful. The only thing I really liked about the product was the easy to use tube and how much product there is. Ultimately it made no difference to my blackheads, made my skin worse and I refuse to use it again, let alone buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by makeupartist77

My boyfriend bought this for himself, so I tried using it myself. Every time I used the product a few days later I would have one or two cyst like breakouts. I am 150% sure I washed it all off properly. I won't even use this in a pinch, I would rather use the awful 4 letter word bar "soap" than this. Only positive your skin will feel soft for a bit.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Too drying for my skin. I didn't like this at all, gave it to my bf, he didn't like it either.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by TrueSpacePrinny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product hoping that it would help to clear the blackheads on my nose and cheeks. However, not only did it not work, it also gave me MORE blackheads in areas where I originally did not have any.

It's an exfoliant, but claims to be gentle enough for everyday use. But, after using it for a few days, my skin started to dry around my face terribly.

It does not work for me AND the packaging quality of the product is extremely bad - after maybe a week, the scrub was almost gone!

Horrible, horrible product. Save your money and don't even consider buying this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by misscayanxoxo

I just picked this product up one day when I was at the store. I tried it out for about a month, Did nothing much cleanse. I'm not very sure if it broke me out really badly at the moment or I was just going through the girl phase. It just really didn't do much. Wouldn't Purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Liita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If used frequently it works a little, I liked that it got rid of my skin oils for a while, my skin felt fresh... what I didn't like and the reason for a low rating is that this thing breaks me up like nothing does... I do tend to get acne but nothing serious... a pimple here and there that goes away quick, this however gives me huge painful zits every time I use it, at first I couldn't figure what was it that gave me this awful pimples but on saturday... or sunday I used this and now I have a pimple... and this is the only thing that has been in my face lately... SO NOT WORTH IT... I'll keep looking for a more effective solution for my pimples, but I'll never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by glendonwyne

I originally bought this to use as a body scrub because face scrubs like this are generally worthless, I feel. However, I ran out of face wash &, with low expectations, tried this.

Firstly, like most scrubs on the market, the beads are next to useless. They're too big and too few to offer any real exfoliation. Also, they don't rinse off as easily as they ought to & tend to get stuck in my eyebrows/hair.

Second, the salicylic acid in this isn't going to help you if you don't leave it on. I expect that most people don't even use it properly; the package says to let it sit for 20-30 seconds. I massage it (lightly! Your skin shouldn't move with your hands) into my face & leave it for a few minutes while I do other things (wash my hair, make coffee), then rinse off.

I noticed some people had a problem with the smell & a residue; I haven't experienced either. That said, I don't think it's done much for blackheads, but I didn't really expect it to. What it does do is make my skin feel clean & smoother to the touch. My skin also seems less broken out since I started using it.

Conclusion: Because the best parts of this scrub are found in the carrier, not the scrubby beads themselves, I think I may try the non-scrub version of this next. If you want physical exfoliation, the best thing I've found is baking soda (alone or with your favorite wash). Seriously. I've never found a commercial scrub w/granules that fine, and you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by starablaze