Manic Panic Temporary Hair dye

3.4

on 1/6/2011 9:17:00 PM

I use the colour "Rock n Roll Red" and i love the colour that it comes out on the day i colour it - Bright vibrant red with a hint of orange, as opposed to hints of pink/violet which i hate! I see alot of people dislike Manic Panis hair colour because it fades too quickly. I do find that this colour fades fast on my hair, but it's not a huge problem to me for a couple reasons. the first reason being that it fades to a vibrant flame orange, which is cool because i get 2 different hair colours over a couple of weeks. Second of all, my hair wasn't bleached white when i first put this on. I had a deep blood red hair colour and i bleached it just enough to lift it to a sort of dusky pink - porous enough to take on the colour, which means when manic panic fades, it doesnt fade to a wishy washy pastel colour. I think that is a good way to approash colouring your hair with manic panic - to just lift your hair with bleach enough for MP to grab on. don't bleach your hair to white or there wil be nothing inside the hair for MP to hold on to. Every 2 or 3 washes i mix some MP with heaps of conditioner and use that in the shower and leave it on for 15 minutes to redeposit the colour. I recolour with MP about every 2 weeks :)

on 10/30/2010 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This product does not stay on hair. I have blonde hair so I really don't need to bleach it and it comes out a great colour, but once I hit the shower it's gone. I have Punky dye in the front or my hair that's still the same colour as the first day I put it in and it's been a month already. If you're looking for a fun colour that'll only last 1 hair wash than go with Manic Panic but if not then stay as far away as you can from it.

on 8/23/2010 3:59:00 PM

This hair dye. Just no. It doesn't last more than 3 washes for me. Yes I do understant is a semi. but there are other brands that last awhile without fading. For the price I will never buy manic panic again. If you want some color in your hair for a few days this is your brand.

on 7/22/2010 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Some people don't understand that this dye isn't permanent! It's only supposed to last a short amount of time, although I've noticed that some pink/red/purple colours can stain blonde hair, but that's no biggie. :p I LOVE manic panic, it's always my go-to when I want a weird colour or if I have a different colouring disaster.. haha.

on 7/10/2010 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Virgin Snow. I once dyed the ends of my hair with Wildfire and it looked very cool. I got a ton of compliments on it. It did however, wash out very quickly and when it started to fade it looked pinkish. Not what I wanted but it was cute while I had the dye and could touch it up.

HAAATTEEE!!! Ive dyed my hair every color of the rainbow & this sucks! It washes out after a week + it is really goopy and runny, so it gets everywhere! I use and love Special Effects. Most colors lasts 3+ weeks to a few months! I love Manic Panic makeup though >.<

on 5/12/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Used Manic Panic - After Midnight Blue a couple of times before discovering other brands that lasted longer and because using a very dark color would help me keep a shade of blue for a longer time. I mean I rather have dark blue faded to shocking blue than shocking blue faded to turquoise or baby blue in just one week. My hair doesn't work well with Manic Panic, yet I know some people that claim that thats the best brand and that is very long lasting. Obviously thats not my case, but I recommend you to try it, maybe you are lucky and it last longer on you.

on 4/26/2010 5:10:00 PM

Manic Panic makes great hair dye. I use their amplified formula because it lasts longer and the color I use most of the time is Pillarbox Red. It's the best bright red hair dye I've come across because it's a true red, not pinkish or orangey like some others. The color is super vibrant and lasts for a long time. I've been using it for years and I absolutely love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

the worst semi-permanent hair colour available. i wouldn't only ever use this if nothing else were available to me, but i'd order online before using this. it doesn't last and it turns all foamy when you're applying it. i'd recommend punky color or special effects if you want a bright coloured semi-permanent dye.

EDIT: I've recently tried a few shades of this i hadn't previously used and I have to say, the reds and pinks aren't that bad. You have to leave them on for at least a few hours, but they can come out nice on VERY light blond hair.

Well, I tried the color Hot Hot Pink and I had to apply twice to get a nice hot pink & it looked amazing.. at first after 1 week the color faded to an ugly orange/red color that looked dirty. And i only washed my hair once w/ a color treated shampoo. From now one I will stick to SFX only