October 21, 2014 | 879 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading all the great reviews I was a little disappointed in this product. I have med/large pores on and around my nose and this only makes them appear smaller for a few hours. By lunchtime I can't tell any difference between using the primer or not. I use Revlon Colorstay, and this primer actually made my nose oily (and it's usually not) and my makeup didn't seem to last as long as usual.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have fine pores to begin with, but was hoping to find something to minimize pores on my nose and inner cheeks, and mattify a bit without completely drying me out. This does just that! I've never tried it all over as a primer since I don't really wear foundation, but this is just perfect to make my t zone look perfect and velvety. It's a tiny tube, but it lasts a looong time since it just takes a dab.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of better primers in the market, but this had no effect on the size of my pores. It did smooth out the complexion and it did keep the oilies away all day so I did not have to retouch my makeup. I can wear this alone without feeling "undone" and looking natural. Works well with pressed powders and I used less. Only if it lived up to its claim of minimizing the pores on my nose, it would be HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by zee24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It didn't really notice any difference in my pores. However, it was a very good primer. Made my makeup last longer than my regular mac prep+prime. Even at extremely high temperature, it did control oil. But it made my skin break out a lot. I haven't had acne in last two years expect a few occasional breakouts but since I started using it, I get one or two tiny ones everyday. Got even a few big cystic ones. So stopped using it and back to my prep+prime :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by tag1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Iíve tried Smashbox (both) and many other products and none of them worked as well as this one. Itís got the consistency of mousse and the key to using it is to dab it on your problem areas. The pores vanish along with other small lines on your face. You really don't need foundation because this is slightly tinted but if you do, itís best if you use Rimmelís Stay Matte foundation and powder (which isnít very expensive) to keep oil under control. I also use Essence soft touch mousse makeup which is SO inexpensive to make up for the price of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Strawberrysaint

I started using this product about three days ago. I was skeptical at first that this product would be an effective foundation primer, however I have been proven wrong! I used a little product all over my face - without makeup my skin looked much better - and i left it sit for a few minutes. Went I went to apply my makeup i noticed my foundation sunk in a lot quicker than usual (I normally use Laura Merciers primer) and it required faster blending. It does mean that I use more foundation than usual. But, I wore this to college, on a sunny September day, which would normally require me to blot and power my face on a few occasions, but after 7 or 8 hours of wearing makeup I didnt have to touchup once! Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Pecheresse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a very good primer to use on your T-zone if you have oily or combination skin like myself. It has mattifying properties and does make your pores seem smaller for a few hours. Plus, as implied by the product's name, it happens instantly! It melts into your skin and is completely undetectable once applied. I use it alone on the days I don't wear make up or under my foundation. Never broke me out either!

However, I don't believe this should be seen as a treatment for enlarged pores. I don't think it really makes them smaller, they just *appear* smaller for a while. It's basically a concealer for pores.

It's quite expensive over here (Ä22) and you don't get a lot of product (15ml) but you just need the tiniest amount for every application and if you only use it on your T-zone like I do, one tube will last you a couple of months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great primer for oily/combo skin with enlarged pores. This helped blur out my pores and in conjuction with MAC prep+prime translucent powder, it looks like I virtually have no pores. And this had
mattifying properties so if you have oily skin, it's great and makes my foundation go on smoothly and evenly. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by stcloud

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have enlarged pores on my chin and nose and bought this product before I was sent to work in the Middle East. I knew that the heat would make my pores worse.

This is one of the few products that exceeded my expectations. It has a putty-like texture and a little goes a long way. My pores disappeared (as well as other minor imperfections in texture) and pores stayed minimised all day. I now use this year round as a skin perfector wherever the texture is uneven. I highly recommend this product - it is a make-up bag staple for me now.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by cupidger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Why didn't someone tell me about this before?! This product is amazing! I put it on before my makeup to smooth out my skin and my pores disappeared.. It also keeps my skin less shine-free for a couple more hours. I wish they have the same formula in color corrector to tone down the redness of the skin. For $17, it is definitely worth it.