October 24, 2014 | 1184 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the mac 217 brush is my FAVORITE brush for blending...i heard good things about the 224 so i wanted to try it out. i'm asian with no crease, very limited lid space. this brush is entirely too big for my eye. when i try to blend w/it, parts of the brush overflow into my eye bc there are so many bristles and i just don't have the lid space for the brush to be effective. it ends up muddying all the colors. however, the brush is very soft and i haven't had problems w/shedding or anything like that, but i will stick to the 217 just bc it is smaller. i think this would be a great brush for those w/more lid space; it just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by wincystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i use this big fluffy brush for concealer! it does a perfect job for concealing the undereye area, and i was very amazed how well it cover other blemishes too... it really gives a airbrush look and im totally in love with it! i got mine with a pro card so it was a bit cheaper than usual! simple love for this! not sure how well it works as a eye shadow brush as i do my e/s blending with the 217!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sammin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Vaunted as the perfect brush for blending out harsh lines between colours, as a person with a medium amount of space between my lash line and my browbone I unfortunately find this brush too large for that purpose. I only really use it now to apply the sheerest of washes, since it is definitely too large for me to use as a crease brush. For the price you pay, the bristles are scratchy and have an annoying tendency to splay after washing. In short, this brush lacks the precision I require, even in a blending brush. For diffusing harsh lines, contouring or applying crease colour I recommend instead the Chanel #12 Contour Shadow brush, especially if you have Asian eyes, or do not have a large lid space to work with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this brush. it works great for the crease and diffusing colors as well. also really good for diffusing concealer and getting a really natural finish. it does shed like previous reviewers have said, but it's not that terrible. i do suggest if you purchase this brush and there is excessive shedding then take it back to the original counter or store of purchase. i really suggest (if you can) purchasing from a counter in nordstrom since they have amazing customer service and will gladly replace it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by erodrig44

If I could only have 1 brush, this would be it! The End.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by CookieDough117

I love this brush!! I have the SE version but it's still great. It's perfect for blending harsh eyeshadow lines and blending colours together. I also use this brush to apply highlighter to my cheek bones and it works a treat. Would highly recommend if you are after a good blending or highlighting brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by midorisour03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the only MAC brushes that I have invested in and will invest in again later. I can never justify paying $24.50 for a brush but for what it does for my eyes, I just can't not love it. It blends pefectly and does so each and every time. If anyone were to ever ask which MAC brush to buy, it'd be this one, hands down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this brush! This blends eyeshadow like a dream, and the bristles are luxuriously soft. A little pricy, but these brushes will last many years if cared for properly. Can also apply powder to my concealer and browbone highlight. I own two

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I really love this brush, I kind of wonder how I ever lived without it. It makes blending color into your crease so easy and really perfects a look. I can't say anything more that hasn't already been said in all these reviews but this is definitely a positive review for the 224, go get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I love love love thus brush it's great to apply a wash of color to eyelid or to blend eyeshadow . This is deff a staple in my brush pk ;)