July 29, 2014 | 2118 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this brush. it works great for the crease and diffusing colors as well. also really good for diffusing concealer and getting a really natural finish. it does shed like previous reviewers have said, but it's not that terrible. i do suggest if you purchase this brush and there is excessive shedding then take it back to the original counter or store of purchase. i really suggest (if you can) purchasing from a counter in nordstrom since they have amazing customer service and will gladly replace it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by erodrig44

If I could only have 1 brush, this would be it! The End.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by CookieDough117

I love this brush!! I have the SE version but it's still great. It's perfect for blending harsh eyeshadow lines and blending colours together. I also use this brush to apply highlighter to my cheek bones and it works a treat. Would highly recommend if you are after a good blending or highlighting brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by midorisour03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the only MAC brushes that I have invested in and will invest in again later. I can never justify paying $24.50 for a brush but for what it does for my eyes, I just can't not love it. It blends pefectly and does so each and every time. If anyone were to ever ask which MAC brush to buy, it'd be this one, hands down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this brush! This blends eyeshadow like a dream, and the bristles are luxuriously soft. A little pricy, but these brushes will last many years if cared for properly. Can also apply powder to my concealer and browbone highlight. I own two

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I really love this brush, I kind of wonder how I ever lived without it. It makes blending color into your crease so easy and really perfects a look. I can't say anything more that hasn't already been said in all these reviews but this is definitely a positive review for the 224, go get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I love love love thus brush it's great to apply a wash of color to eyelid or to blend eyeshadow . This is deff a staple in my brush pk ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by normaestrada19

I just had a duh moment when I realized I have yet to review this wonderful brush. I love this brush because it fits PERFECTLY in my crease. I think most ladies give up on this brush because it is not suited for their eye shape. I have always heard the 217 brush is best for smaller creases and the 224 is best for bigger creases. Well guess who owns a pair of big creased eyes? Me! I have what I would consider elongated, almond shaped eyes. In my opinion my eyes can sometimes come across as looking 'half-closed', so therefore I have a decent amount of lid space to work with and this brush is just wonderful and perfect to blend eyeshadow in that area. For those ladies that feel this is too big for their lid space, I will again suggest the 217 brush. Apparently the 224 has other uses as well, none of which I have used the brush for, like using it for concealer. So if you ladies cannot return this brush or swap it, I say try it as a concealer brush. Lastly, I want to add that this brush has lasted me over 5 years now and it still looks brand spanking new :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Texasbrian14

I own about 8 of this brush! Love LOVE Love how this brush can work in so many ways! Use the flat side for lid and highlight ... use the tip for the crease! Use this brush for your concealer for a flawless natural finish! Use this brush to nude out the lips before lipstick application. Very Universal :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE: it gets scratchy with time. Now I can't use it on my eyes for that. It's actually even too rough for the rest of my face... I like synthetic brushes more: they're more hygienic (natural hair traps dirt int he scales of he hair), just as good at blending, softer, cheaper and many of them never become scratchy - no matter what ou wash them with (although I used baby soap for this one).
I really like this brush. I use it for concealer and eye shadow. For concealer under the eyes, because the MAC lady at our local store said it was much better if you wanted a thin layer that didn't make your fine lines show up even more - I agree.
When using this for concealer, you really don't much product (although, if you're using MAC's concealer, you will get out an amount enough for 5 set of eyes). Just swirl in a little bit of concealer and swirl it onto the eye-area, and you will get a smooth, well-blended and natural result.
I also love to use this for eye-shadows! Really good blending brush, so you can achieve a great look in short time :) I usually don't pack on a lot of eye-shadow though, because the ones I have are really pigmented, so if you need to pack on, I would use some other brush.
Also, I've noticed this brush is economical, because no matter what I use - concealer or eye-shadow - the product doesn't sink far into the brush, but stay on the tip :)
Would definitely repurchase :)