July 29, 2014 | 1883 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Honey Lust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by camillesayssss

I would probably buy this again just because the color is truly gorgeous in the sunlight, but the color payoff, the consistency and just about everything else about this e/s sucks

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Meimi

Honey Lust = Love. That is all I can say. I love the colour, I love the sparkle, I love the options.

I had been wearing this with browns, but i have recently been experimenting. If you live in the UK GO to superdrug and pick up a collection 2000 dazzle me! dust in sugarplum for like 2.50. I use this on my lid and put Honey lust over the top for a gorgeous pink toned gold. Then i smoke it out with twinks and/or beauty marked. Love it. It is versitile on its own, but i love paring it with other colours and mixing it up too! I also mix it with collection 2000 paradise to lighten it, or Stonewash to give it a move purple tone gold.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 5:29:00 AM More reviews by cpatrice1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty, subtle, buildable, frosty ambery-gold shadow. Not unfavorably frosty, either: it looks really good. On my dark skin, I use it on the lid or as a highligher at the browbone. Sometimes I use a contouring color in the crease, but most times I just wear it alone on the lid. It makes for a great neutral, and really makes my brown eyes POP. It's one of those shades to put on when you really don't want to do much to your face, but it'll make you look as if you did.

The true test: I photographed well in it, so I know that it is not "crazy 1980s" frosty on me. Eventually, I'd like to apply with a wet brush. I'm sure the results will be stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sarb3ar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At the moment, this is my favorite MAC es! Since i bought it i have not been able to stop wearing it. Although i perfer to wear much bolder colors, I just don't want to put this down. It is absolutely gorgeous. This reminds me a lot of Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, minus all the fall out, I haven't had any fall out with this shadow. I love love love it! And I will defiantly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bv711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I was completely on the fence about this e/s--well now I've completely jumped off and am doing cartwheels all over the grass! This is the most beautiful golden bronzey type of color--it's like amber lights w/out the orange. When originally swatched, it had tremendous amounts of fall out and it seemed very sheer--almost like I'd be applying glitter on my lid-but oh my how wrong was I!! You do have to treat this almost like a pigment--tap, tap, tap on the lid, but once on it is fascinating. I wore it today for the very first time and applied mango mix shadestick all over lid, then honey lust over it, a wash of mink and sable in the crease, tempting in the outer v, and femme fi as the highlight (brow and inner eye). Like WOW--absolutely stunning! I can just think up thousands of combo's with this color-it just works. Great for day time and must be unbelievable for night time (can't wait to try that out!!!). Girls do yourself a favor and try this out before giving up on this one--you may regret it :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by xoAmber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE the color! It is one of my favourite Mac eyeshadows, blends well or is fun just to wear on it's own. I have very sensitve skin, but this eyeshadow didn't bug me at all. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by maggiealex

a lustre finish golden bronze eyeshadow that can be used all year around! i love the fact that it is so sparkly! its a perfect e/s for bronze looks or to sparkle up brown looks! loving it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by rebeccaae

This is gorgeous. Gorgeous. If you really want to sparkle - I mean, really have your lids look like your very skin sparkles, then a wash of this is what you need. You can't really tell that you are wearing an eyeshadow because a sheer wash of this really matches my fair-med skin tone and all you see is the sparkle - not frost, just sparkle. Very pretty. Layered a little more on your lid, it is a nice shimmery golden peach. Very translucent though, this is not a deep color. (pairs nicely with a taupe/brown in the crease if you want more definition but I like it alone as well). I love it. It is, unfortunately, a little too much sparkle for work and I hate that because I love it so much. I have no problems whatsoever with fallout when used with Painterly Paint pot underneath.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

Honey Lust is a gorgeous golden peach color with shimmer. It will look beautiful on any skin tone, and it's very easy to incorporate it into any eye look. There is definitely fallout if you don't use a base, or if you don't apply it wet. I never even knew it existed until my sister mentioned it was her favorite of all time. Thanks Sherry!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by annak5506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I like this or not. Its such a pretty color but this probably has more fallout than any other Lustre I have. Just tapping it barely makes glittery specks go everywhere.