August 21, 2014 | 1489 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Gleam

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by dlkarp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had a mac makeover in my local store and the MA suggested gleam teamed with Green smoke for my green eyes. I must admit when used together it makes my eyes *pop.* She put this colour all over, then put green smoke in the crease. *wow* I would never have chosen these colours together. However, when used alone I dont seem to like the colour as much and never reach for it. I much prefer pink shades to this peachy, golden shade. I also find the lustre shades a bit too much for day wear which means I dont get to wear them as much, so wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by She13

I bought this color to go with Satin taupe, and I love it. It has a nice shimmer to it. The only downfall is that I have to apply a little more than usual for it to show up, but it's an overall nice subtle color.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ShivaShivs

This is one of my faves! I love the peach undertones and the shimmer. I use this when I want to feel extra girly. The only annoying thing for me about it is that it doesn't show up very well if I only apply a little. I have to add a few layers before it really shows. But other then that its BEAUTIFUL!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ltooswtl

this eyeshadow is so fabulous, especially during the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by eyeshadowinrainbows

Lustre shade. Need I say more? If you have used the MAC lustres before, you know that a lot of them don't have very good color payoff (except aquadisiac and a couple of others). They also are kinda hard and have plenty of little glitter chunks that land on your cheeks. I can put up with this from UD because most of their colors are fabulous, but not these puppies!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

this is not as pretty at home as it is in the store. it is difficult to apply, very chunky, and doesn't show up super well on my light warm-toned skin. i sort of like it as an under-eye liner, with a darker shadow on the top lid, but it's not great as an overall base or wash. oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by eowyn797

Now, i AM one of those people who hates the Lustres. any and all freaking lustres i have tried in the past have sucked beyond the telling of it. HAAAAAATE. that said? I. LOVE. GLEAM. it came in a duty-free travel palette i picked up from one of you lovely girls, paired with Satin Taupe and Nylon and it is GORGEOUS on me and, while the texture is the same as all those other crappy lustres, this one actually seems to stay on me and, if any *does* fall on my cheeks, it does double quite nicely as a blush. i apply it with the 224 to my crease (Satin Taupe on the lid) and it. works. wonders. i own TWO, if you can believe it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 11:42:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow. I had been lemming it for a while and then I finally got it in a swap. It's such a pretty light, shimmery, beige-y pink. I love to use it just as an overall wash. What more can I say?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this one, but I wasn't really that impressed. On my fairly pale, neutral toned skin, gleam looks almost orange peach, and I guess I was expecting more of a champagne or pinkish natural looking color. Besides that though, I was not really so happy with the texture of this shadow- the shadow seemed very coarse, and did not apply that smoothly. Luckily, I have tried other MAC shadows, such as Beautiful Iris, which I adore. I will try to use this one up as a highlighter, but honestly, I don't reach for this one too often. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by OliviaChristine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only MAC eyeshadow that I hate. The color looks lovely in the pot, but when I apply it, it does nothing for me. Far too chunky, glittery, flakey, and just hard to apply. I know that Gleam is a great eyeshadow for some people, but it just isnt worth it for me. Too hard to blend!