NARS Lovejoy

4.4

on 1/31/2010 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Nars Lovejoy is a coppery-rose colored blush. It's a very neutral blush that pairs great with louder or warm colors. The only thing about Nars blushes that I depise are the rubber packages. They are marvelous for slippery hands but pick up the pigment and are a pain to keep clean! besides that, they're amazing.

on 1/29/2010 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh, how I so wanted this to work. I'd seen some promising reviews on makeupalley and youtube, but ewwww not for me. It looked great in store but not out in the sunshine, bleh! had to return it. It didn't give me the bronze glow I craved. It was lackluster and brassy. Totally uninspired. Left me a lil' ashy and a bit dirty-looking, too much red in the bronze i suspect. I will keep searching because this left me high and dry.

on 1/24/2010 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

THIS IS MY FAVE BLUSH EVER!
this is my newest addition to my (small) nars blush collection and it's my fave. i have been wearing it everyday since i got it. i have olive with yellow undertones and it looks great on my skin. it gives me that "natural" blush look, because it matches the color of my cheeks when i blush for real! its so natural and at the same time it gives my complexion a warm glow that doesn't make me look dark or super tan..

I LOVE THIS, and it's $29CDN and i have to say IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY !!

on 1/4/2010 11:43:00 PM

Love this blush! I have a medium to fair olive complexion and this works on my skin great! I love how you can layer the color. Sometimes with blush, one swipe and you look like a clown. Not with this! It goes on so lightly and it's buildable on the areas that you want more color. It give me a warm colored flush that makes me appear healthy! love it!

on 12/30/2009 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was skeptical of the color in the compact, but on my African American skin this color gives me that bronzer/blush look. With just a little bit on a brush, it gives me a bronze-rose glow. This is probably my second favorite NARS blush (clearly after Crazed) because it is more natural and subdued. WELL WORTH THE PRICE! THE COLOR PAY OFF IS GREAT.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is my daily blush. Love that it gives a natural blush on brown skin. Still on my first compact but bought a backup in case.

on 12/22/2009 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a beautiful bronzed reddish rose with a slight shimmer. The pigmentation is great, and you only need a tad for a natural flush of color. This shade particularly goes really well with my tan skin tone. And it is now one of my favorite blushes. I find it somewhat similar to MAC Sunbasque; another one of my favorites. Will definately repurchase!

on 12/4/2009 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I just got lovejoy blush. It's described as a bronze rosy gold. However on my skintone mac nc50 black opal beautiful bronze, it's more gold with shimmer. I find this a little disappointing:( it's good however for more i'm not wearing makeup days. Edit: now know the best way to work this blush, using an angled blush brush it gives me a beautiful lightly contoured cheek

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is an absolutely beautiful shade for anyone with a golden deep dark brownish complexion. It shimmers but only slightly. It lasts for ages..it’s perfect when you want that “sophisticated” look. Lovejoy is my all grown up shade whereas Orgasm screams “can-I-see-some-ID-please”. Love it.

on 11/19/2009 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

::snif::::snif:: I am so sad that this color just did not look good on me :'-(
It is so very pretty: a rosey-bronzey color, with just a teensy bit of shimmer -just perfect. However, on my cheeks it transforms into a whole lot of ........nothing. It doesn't look like blush, it doesn't look like bronzer, not even a little bit of shimmer shows up (NC35/Latina for reference). When I took a look outside under bright sunlight, it just looks like I have slight melasma -definitely not the look I want. This just goes to prove how you need to try things out to see how it looks on you, not just in the container (for example, Exhibit A was super-scary yet it looks great on me). I think this would look beautiful on lighter skin tones than mine.

Top Rated NARS Products