MAC Sheertone Blush in Pinch Me

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

SO, this was my HG blush, but now it has moved to Gingerly and Pink Swoon. Gingerly just looks more natural on me then Pinch Me. But, I do see myself getting Pinch Me sometime again in the future.

The thing is when I go out, I love to do my eyemakeup dramatic, and Pinch Me can sometimes be an overpowering color, and then I look like I have too much makeup on. That's why I like Gingerly and Pink Swoon, because it is less intense so my eye makeup pops.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

This color is absolutely gorgeous! I apply it lightly on my cheeks with my 188 brush and it looks fab. I love how it looks so natural and works with most of my makeup looks :)

What a lovely blush...! I just swapped for it and when I first saw it, I was immediately in love...! I'm in my mid 20's and I don't think I'm suitable for bright coral/pink blushes anymore, and this blush is not that bright, it's medium rose which flutters my NC25 skintone. And it goes on so smooth and won't accentuate my acne. I think it would work beautifully on most skintones therefore I highly recommend it...!

I have light to med skin around NC25 and i just cant get this blush to look subtle. The colour is really lovely a nice healthy berry colour but even with the lightest gentlest application, this blush still comes on too strong for me and its the first thing that jumps out at me when i look at myself in the mirror - even from a distance. I like to see my blush but this is too much for me!

For darker skin tones I think this colour would be superb and the bonus is that you'd only use a tiny amount as it has excellent colour payoff. But alas, its too dark for me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this blush. I use this as a everyday blush. I am an NC50 and this looks really good on me.

Once again, MAC Sheertone blushes just rock! I was looking for something to give me a pop of colour on my cheeks, and the MA at MAC suggested Pinch Me. At first, the colour looked pretty vibrant and scared me a bit. But once applied, I loved the finished result: a fresh, sheer berry wash of colour that brightened my face. It kinda imitates that flushed look you get when you've been walking in the cold outdoors! Looks great when I wear it with my Hot Tahiti lipstick, which the MA also suggested when I purchased Pinch Me. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This blush just doesn't thrill me, AT ALL. I have had this for about 5 months now and I have used it MABYE 6 times, if that. I never reach for this where as with all my other blushes I just can't pick which one I want to wear because I love them all. It goes on too red for my NC30 skintone, I feel like it looks out of place. I got this when I want to do a more natural look because almost all my other blushes have shimmer, but it isn't even good for that! I wish I would have got something else....oh well live and learn. Up for swap this goes.....

Believe it or not, this was a nice shade on my fair, yellow-toned skin. This surprised me because I was duped into buying it by a MAC MUA who didn't try it on my and who, in hindsight, was just after the sale. I can't believe he's still there. Anyway, Pinch Me works for my complexion, unlike the other product he sold me. Just make sure to use a fluffier brush, blow on it and use a light hand so that you don't put too much color in one spot.

How is this color not more popular? It's so gorgeous it's made me rethink what blush should do to a person's face! This is a sexy color. I don't say "sexy" casually (it feels sort of cheesy). But this product is so perfectly deep and warming and brightening and cute enough that I think the only word for it is "sexy."

For reference, I'm medium-toned Japanese - Kevyn Aucoin SX08, which is described as "Medium: Warm Gold Undertone." I usually land somewhere in the NC30 range.

MAC describes Pinch Me as "medium dirty rose coral," and I would say that's right but not enough. That description doesn't do justice to the depth of the rose - it's almost a red, though not as scary as a red - or the warmth of the coral - just warm enough, though nothing close to orange. It's sheer enough that you can build it, though one swipe is usually enough per cheek. It's matte, which to me means you can or can not layer a little shimmer over it if you so choose.

Whatever it is, I love it. The fantastic makeup artist directed me towards Pinch Me as his absolute favorite blush color, though I'd originally come in for Peachy Keen. I was skeptical as it's not a very pretty color in the pan, but he told me to "just try it" and Holy God. I bought both and he was right - Peachy Keen is a nice option but I reach for Pinch Me every day. Sometimes we don't really know what we want, do we?

He taught me a few pointers:
Use Pinch Me as a base blush color (as it's matte), and if you want, use a swipe of Peachy Keen as a highlight on top of cheekbones. Really, any slightly shimmery blush will do.
Swipe the brush onto the pan once, and shake excess off - he tapped the wooden part (not the bristles) hard on the side of his hand, so loose dust on the bristles would shake off by proxy. It's "sheer" but still strong, and good to be careful.

Done right, it strikes a perfect balance between pink, red, and orange that looks like heat coming from within. It works on my yellowish ("slightly olive," I've been told), fair-medium skin tone. Compared to NARS, I don't think it lasts as long, but I wouldn't trade it for any NARS blush I've come across so far. I like those too and own a couple, but my MAC Pinch Me is in daily rotation and I trust it to make me look good no matter what. A little sexy, a little cute, and very pretty. A definite BUY.

Ingredients: Talc, Polymethyl methacrylate, Zea mays (corn) starch, Octyldodecyl lactate, Silica, Dimethicone, Isononyl isononanoate, Zinc stearate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium sorbate, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)]

Price: $18 for 0.21 oz. I'd say the pan is about two inches in diameter? for those of you who've never bought a MAC blush. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Mac blush in pinch me looks gorgeous on my NW45 skin tone. I was surprised that the color looked nice on me but its pretty versatile. When applied lightly it looks really natural and brightens my whole face. I gave it 4 lippies because I cant apply it as much as I like because I'll break out. Whats the point of glowing if you have pimples! lol...Anyway the fact that I break out has more to do with my skin and not the blush.

Top Rated MAC Products