April 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2005 10:23:00 PM More reviews by cutter333

I am sort of in between on this product. I bought it in Linen which is a kind of creamy pale nude. I wear it on days when I'm not wearing a lot of makeup and it just gives a touch of polish to your face. It's a pretty low fuss product. I did find that I had some creasing as the day wore on. I'm still undecided as to whether I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2005 6:54:00 AM More reviews by flick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

a big 2 thumbs up from me! i have tried several eye bases such as benefits lemon aid and eye bright both of which creased pretty much straightaway. this is much much better. i have this in linen which i think is the lightest shade and i apply a little to the eye lid and blend, leave to set for a min and then eye perfection for the rest of the day. i like to use this for a clean nude look to the eye or as a base for eye shadow. i have knocked off one lippie for slight creasing if you overdo and price but this is the best one i have tried so far. will def repurchase and want to try the other colours as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first variety of this product from Laura were horrible. They were dried up in their container already when you bought them and were way to dry to put to any use at all. But this second generation of "Eye Basics" are just fantastic! It's hard to really categorize this product since it's so much more than just some kind of primer for eye shadow. (Which it is also of course, and a great one at that). But this is a shadow in it self with great "basic" colours that perfectly blend with your skin creating either a canvas or just a natural hue on their own or mixed together. I have it in "linen" a pale beige with a hint of pink, perfect as a base. "Mocha" - a mauve/taupe light brown "almost matte" shade that is just great on it's own for fast daytime make-up or mixed with the linen for a softer shaded look. And the "buff" a medium beige/peach with a hint of shimmer in it that is just great for anything! They give a somewhat matte or matte pearly finish but one that never feels too dry or heavy on the lid, and have fast become the thing in my make up bag I just can't live without. Right now there is however a slight confusion with the product name, since Laura just recently has launched a very similar product, (if not the same?) under the name "basic eye". And on the web site these two products are separated with different but very similar descriptions but with different colours. According to this new order my former "Mocha eye basics" is now called "Mocha basic eye". But whatever is going on. May these products never be discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2005 1:16:00 PM More reviews by MollyGoLightly

I have Eye Basics in Buff (light pinkish nude color), and it's great! It's like lip gloss for eyes! Very easy to apply, very easy to blend, and not sticky at all. My only complaint is that it doesn't have great staying power. Luckily, it doesn't crease like other shadows, but it does tend to wear off after a couple of hours.

All in all, though, it's a great product & well worth the money! I love the color, and it's a smooth look that you don't get from traditional shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 2:37:00 PM More reviews by monvai

The best thing that ever happened to eye make up. Period.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2005 6:02:00 AM More reviews by rainbow_shell

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this one, I really, realllllly did. It goes on so sexy smooth, and blends flawlessly with my finger. But an hour later there's just none left :(

I have Linen and it's a fantastic colour, plus the complete abscence of the currently ubiquitous glitter, gleam, shimmmer, sparkle etc, etc, makes me love it all the more.

Will try again tomorrow with primer...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2005 9:06:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Product Description: A crème that evaporates to a dry finish leaving a long-lasting semi-matte colour. Water-resistant and crease proof, Basic Colour slips on like a second skin leaving a rich satin wash of colour on the eye lid.
On Me: I bought this product in pale pink. It works as a wash all over lid & you see a hint of pink, kinda slightly warmths up my eye. You only need a tiny, tiny amount & i dab a little on the lids & use my finger to blend. While i find that it blends easily, i notice 2 problems with this.(1)i use this over the lid & use a powder eyeshadow in my crease area. but i find with this eye basic on, i have trouble blending my crease colour properly. (2) it still caused my eyeshadows to crease but much lesser than normal. would like to try Urban decay's primer next... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by mers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have these in Basic Pink and Basic Chocolate. I don't know if I'll ever go back to powder e/s again after these. They sweep on easily and blend flawlessly with the tip of my finger. I have an e/s creasing problem, but have not noticed any with these. A++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I never wrote a review for this one! I received a super generous sample of this stuff from NM as a GWP. I used this little tube for months (every day!) as an eyeshadow base. The color I had was Linen, but I would buy it again (and also try other colors as a shadow). It held color really well and would never crease or look disgusting (e.g., cakey). No noticeable fragrance so perfect for sensitive skin like mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2005 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use Eye Basics as a lid "concealer" as I don't have a problem with e/s creasing. The LM MA told me that Linen was a perfect match for my skin, but I thought the overall whitish look was a little harsh (I'm an NW 15/20). The color Wheat looked better/softer, even tho it's a bit darker than my skin. My eyes are deepset, with shadows all around, some blue veins and redness on the lids. This product completely evens out my eye area, making it look brighter and more youthful (I think the yellow tones in Wheat counteract the blue and pink.) I do wish, though, that there was a color in between Linen and Wheat. Also, I have to say that I nearly returned this without even using it--when I looked in the mirror a few hours after the MA's application, it was completely cakey and looked hideous. She used a brush and applied it much too thickly. If I just dot a little on, and smooth/tap it w/my finger, it never cakes. I sometimes wear Eye Basics by itself, with no e/s.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No