April 24, 2014 | 1900 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Sex Bomb

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by kuredevurld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was the first bath bomb I tried and I was very underwhelmed. Though it did turn my bathwater a really fun pink and made it feel silky and smooth, I did not find that it did anything for my skin. I also wasn't a big fan of the scent, though that is probably my own fault for not sniffing it properly at the store (there are so many smells in there it's hard to!). Lastly, the moisturizing rose petals in the middle felt kind of waxy and not that moisturizing at all. Though it's not really expensive, it's $5.95 for one bath... Definitely will not rebuy, but I do look forward to trying different bath bombs.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by tiffyteo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favorites that converted me to Lushyism... love the jasmine and rose. I only use half a bomb, too. It gives me two baths and I think a whole one would be way overpowering.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My eyes lit up when I spotted a large (roughly the size of a tennis ball) pretty pink and lilac bath ballistic topped with a delicate pink rice paper flower called Sex Bomb. This bomb contains the usual Bicarbonate of Soda along with Citric Acid, Soya Milk (Glycerine Soya), Synthetic Musk, Clary Sage oil, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine Absolute and colouring 18050. I have mentioned these ingredients for those of us who may have intolerance to Milk or Soya, for those with delicate skin and for pregnant women who would be well advised to seek medical advice before using any products, which contain essential oil. I battled my conscience over the expense of this product which rings up at a whopping £2.30 per ball, per bath and after deliberating for a whole two seconds I decided it was a small price to pay for a sultry night of romance.

So the next evening it was with a strong sense of expectation that I set the scene with several candles flickering soft fingers of light around the bathroom, thick fluffy towels warming nicely on the radiator, an uncorked bottle of chilled white wine and two glasses at the ready as my boyfriend and I stepped into a bath tub of hot water. There we languished in our sultry, warm bath, sipping our wine and I dropped the pretty pink and lilac bath ballistic into the tub. I love the way these ballistics whizzy around as if possessed by a poltergeist. Because they are made primarily from Bicarbonate of Soda they hiss, splutter and fizz for a good five minutes or so. This one instantly began to turn the water a deep pink and released a strong mixture of a supposedly romantic and relaxing blend of Ylang Ylang, Jasmine and Clary Sage. I was a little disappointed when I realized the bomb didnít contain any ďhiddenĒ surprises like glitter or dried rose petals. The rice paper flower didnít seem to be in keeping with the sex bomb image and the four petals soon turned into mulch and vanished.

At first the smell was rather pleasant but after ten minutes or so the strong intensity of Ylang Ylang and Jasmine really starting to get up my nose, irritating my sinusís, and within minutes I developed a banging headache. The Clary Sage as well as being a known aphrodisiac is also supposed to clean the mind but unfortunately for me it had none of the desired effects. By this time the water had turned a very deep pink, almost red, and rather than finding it romantic I though it was rather off putting. It felt like I was bathing in a pool of blood and I had to keep checking my boyfriend's chin to see if he had accidentally lacerated his jugular whilst shaving!

It got to the point where I could stand the pong no longer and our Lush bath turned into a damp squib as I had to retire to bed early not with passion as expected but rather a blinding thunderous headache. As with most lush products the exceedingly pungent smell lingered around the bathroom, and on my skin, for hours leaving me feeling ultra queasy for quite a time.

Compared to other Lush Bath ballistics I found this to be my least favourite, despite it being one of Lushís top selling bombs. It did leave my skin feeling soft and moisturised but that was of little comfort considering the migraine I subsequently developed. Once the bath water had emptied I noticed there was a purple scum ring around the bath, this did rinse off fairly easily but didnít look very appealing against the whiteness of my bathtub. Luckily for me we didnít receive any unexpected visitors that night as I was too ill to clean the bath and it didnít get done until the next day.

Sex Bomb? Stink bomb more like Ė thanks but no thanks.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by hampela17

I think this is the most beautiful product Lush has to offer! I love the color and LOVE the scent. I don't know that I think its necessarily sexy, but very feminine and beautiful. It reminds me of the dry down of a really delicate floral perfume, where it just barely lingers but its a soft, flowery scent. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by denise517

Probably one of the best bath products I have ever used! Wonderful scent ~ lasts long time and makes your bathroom/house smell sooo good... Only complaint is that it is a little costly and delivery takes long since it ships from Canada... (no Lush store close to my city)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by kyrah

I love this scent. I wish lush would make this into a soap or shower gel, because it smells divine! I used half a bomb in my bath and it was perfect..lovely pink bath water and beautifully scented. I think an entire bomb would have been a bit cloying. This made for a very pleasant bath and left my skin soft and the scent lingered for hours both in my bathroom and on me. I agree with many other reviewers about the flower..it's cute, but only for a few minutes..it doesn't take long before it becomes an unidentifiable blob..I took it out of the bath almost immediately. Maybe if it was made of something else?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by AprilBride07

I picked it up, because it is the best seller, but I was not crazy about it at all. I don't know why. The scent just wasn't for me at all. It's not worth the price. This product was not my cup of tea.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by ens13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Leaves your skin soft and sexy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked this one a lot better than Honey Bee, as it did not make such an awful mess of my tub. However, the smell was disappointing; it smelled fantastic when I picked it out in the store, but just didn't deliver in the tub, smelled very bland. Also, the scent did not linger in the bathroom or on my skin. The little rose blossom thing looks pretty for about five seconds and then turns into an amorphous blob of jelly that is kinda disgusting. Overall, it was nice to try, but I won't bother repurchasing....as I noted in my review of Honey Bee, I think bath bombs are a little pricey for what you actually get out of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by swedishmilk

I'm big into girly florals lately and this was right on the mark. Way to go, another Lush product I love for $5 a pop! I like the purple and pink, and the nice jasmine & rose scent. Pink bathwater is fun too.