Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Alright, I'm going to address some of the complaints about this product directly and give everyone a realistic view of the quality of this eyeliner.
I use this liner almost daily, and I love it for winging, it's the only thing that doesn't smudge, BUT there are tricks to using this eyeliner.
Many of the reviews have noted that this eyeliner flakes, or it peels off, and yes, that can be true. You can rub this liner off if you try hard enough and if you pick up one of the ends you may be able to peel it off. That being said if you use this liner properly you can still get 10-12 hours worth of wear out of it and have it look lovely and never budge.
I apply this liner AFTER all of my other makeup. I use a eye concealer/primer combo from Almay on my lids and I apply all of my shadow, or highlight if I'm going light for the day, and I curl my lashes and apply all coats of my mascara. THEN I close my eyes and carefully line my eyes. It is the very last thing I do. I let the liner dry completely and I don't go over the same line twice, one thin line stays far better than layers do with this product. When I do this, this product never budges nor flakes. and I have combo/oily (in the summer) skin.
If you're looking to wing your liner and not have it run down your face this is a good option, but beware that if you use this liner improperly you're probably going to have issues akin to what other reviewers here have had; namely, flaking and peeling.
I gave this liner a 3 because I wish the brush were slightly thinner/more tapered and for the potential issues that can arise if it is not applied appropriately.
Is it the worst liner? No. Is the best liner? No. It's a 6 dollar waterproof liner, what you you expect? But I hope this review sheds a more realistic light on to this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this product for several years because it is the only eyeliner that is waterproof and stays put on my oily eye lids. I always prime my eyes with UD primer potion. I apply around 7am and it lasts me until I take it off late at night. Even lasted all day during my recent Vegas vacation in 100+ degree weather and staying up until the wee hours of the morning and even in the pool. I never have to worry about this liner failing. One thing I do not do is use it to line my lower lash line. It's tricky to apply in that spot and it will sometimes flake. But I will continue to buy this because it is the only eye liner that stays.

I purchased this eyeliner on a whim but I should have checked MUA beforehand since it hasn't gotten very good reviews... Personally, I didn't like this eyeliner because it burns when I apply it and although it doesn't smudge, it does flake (almost completely) by the end of the day. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone nor repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've used this liner for a long time, and keep going back to it for only one reason....it's the only eyeliner I've used that doesn't eventually smudge. There is a tradeoff though, and the caveat is that this mascara is not flake-proof. I do seem get at least 10 to 12 hours of wear out of it before it even begins to flake, thank goodness. When I have a choice between smudging or flaking, I take the flaking...lol. When or if I ever do find an eyeliner that is both smudge-proof and flake-proof, I'll be one happy lady...lol.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The only thing I liked about this liner is the small tapered brush that let me have decent control over the watery liquid liner. The liquid liner itself went on unevenly. When I finally got it even after a couple of coats it began flaking off at the inner corner area of my eyes as soon as it dried. THEN it started peeling off . This is a terrible formula. $6.09 at the grocery store for this. I returned it immediately for their full n soft wp mascara which was 20 cents less.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Tried to a 'tight' feeling on my lash line. Felt crusty too. Then I rubbed my eye in curiosity and IT FLAKED OFF!
Would never buy again, hate the brush applicator as you can't get such a thin line.
Nice black pigment but to the point where it looks unnatural. Smelt weird, in a bad way.
Never buy again. Threw thing away.
I reccomend mac super slick. Has a felt tip, easier to apply and doesn't dry to a tight feeling. Doesn't flake off either.

best waterproof liquid hands down

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

FLAKING. FLAKING. FLAKING. The brush is easy to use, the brush is super thin, and it glides on jet black and glossy...but it doesn't stay on!! My eyes were so irritated today because it kept flaking off into my eye. Not only were my eyes itchy and irritated but I looked like a mess because I had bits of eyeliner on my lash line.

Will NOT repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After putting on this eyeliner, it starts to look crusty after awhile and you can peel it off like a sticker which is very annoying. Definitely not buying again

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This seems like an excellent eyeliner when you put it on (glossy, lots of product, highly pigmented, fast drying, etc.) But the product just seems to flake off. Glad I've never made it out the door with this on or this would look really embarassing. Lol. Do not recommend.