April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Self Tanners - Bare Escentuals - Faux Tan

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by aceh76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For the past couple of years I have seen Faux Tan on a QVC TSV (around May) and every year I thought I should just buy it, but I never did. That is until this past May. I have used self tanners in the past and disliked every one I tried. They would either end up too streaky or too orange and I had decided that maybe self tanners and my pale skin didn't mix and since I refuse to tan in the sun, I would just be pale. I don't know what finally convinced me to buy the BE Faux Tan this year, but I am so glad I did. I got a huge bottle (16oz size I believe) and it also came with a kabuki type brush (it is so soft!) for 44.00+...a little expensive, but I seriously think that bottle will last me a long long time because I use very little. I put it on at night after I exfoliated and made sure that I applied lotion to my knees, ankles, and elbows. It is pretty easy to use since the product itself is brown, so you can see where you are putting it and the brush makes it fool proof against streaking. After I was done, I washed the brush with baby shampoo and went to bed...unfortunately, I have white sheets and when I woke up they were an ugly shade of orange=( but I threw them in the wash with a little bleach and they were fine! Since it did rub off on my pajama's and sheets I gave the product an overall rating of 4 instead of 5. I put Faux Tan on 2 days in a row and I looked tan...brown, not orange...real, not fake. I love this stuff and I will definately repurchase and will be on the lookout for the next year's TSV=). Thank you BE for a great product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by snack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow - this product DOES provide a natural looking tan. I am very fair and have never really found a fake tanner that looked authentic on my skin. This one does. I ordered it from QVC in a kit that came with a big flat headed brush for application. Just a dab applied using the brush is enough to provide a just barely-been-in-the-sun look. I will apply more "coats" this wkend to see how buildable the color is. This is the 1st tanner that I've used that doesn't have that awful smell. The color is just lovely! Fair girls - give this one a try! I'm sure it works even better on the darker skin tones.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by piccolamandorla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Is it possible to fall in love with a self tanner? I say "Yes!"

I am naturally olive toned and most self tanners leave me still pale and maybe with a slight orange tint. This self tanner leaves me with a gorgeous, dark tan. Better than anything that a Mystic Tan or a tanning bed can produce. Not only that, but it doesn't make me break out!

It's super easy to apply and starts to develop in about 15 minutes. The smell is great by self tanner standards. You have to remember, its self tanner, not perfume, but I will say that I think its a better smell than San Tropez.

It leaves me absolutely gorgeous and brown...better than a week in the islands! Well, almost better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this self tanner, main reason is it turns me bronze, not orange like most other self tanners I've tried. I use gloves so that my hands don't stain. This gives me that natural "tan" color I'm looking for even though I have very fair skin. I use it 3-4 times a week for best results.

This is pricey and I wish it came in a pump, otherwise a great product for an instant natural looking tan.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best self tanner I've ever used. Please note I primarily self tan my legs, not my face. Even though I'm pale all over, my legs have many visible veins and I've found that a tan is the best way to cover them. My strategy with Faux is to shave and exfoliate, moisturize, and then apply the tanner. I've found that applying lotion first prevents streaks. I also wear latex gloves to avoid having to scrub the orange off my palms. Faux gives a natural brown color that lasts 4-5 days on me. I have a giant (16 oz) bottle that will last quite a while, but I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by addiejoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First I will say that I LOOOOOOVE Bare Escentuals, and will never again use another foundation...ever. It is a wonderful company with amazing products, and I truly do love just about everything they make. I SO wanted this to be my favorite sunless lotion. But...it's my 2nd favorite sunless tanner, after St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse (used to be called and listed here as St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Mousse). The reasons this comes in 2nd place:
1. Application is a pain. It DOESN'T blend well, and it leaves you feeling greasy for a long time....ugh. If I'm not careful, I get a "beard" of color around my chin and jaw line...I tend to apply heavier on my face/neck/chest...I can do that with St. Tropez...can't do it with this. :( Blending is a must with sunless tanners, and for some reason, this stuff just doesn't blend worth crap.
2. Just not as dark of a result as I was hoping for. This IS on the pricier side (I think I got a 16oz pump bottle on eBay for about $50...a lot of product, but I have to use more to get the results I want). With St. Tropez...I don't have to use much, and I get a really dark lovely tan. This doesn't seem to last very long, either. I find myself pale and pasty in less than a week, bleh.
3. Price...as stated above.
Things I love about it:
THE SMELL! Mmm, the best smelling sunless out there. Still turns into that nasty sunless lotion smell, but at first, just delightful! :)

So...there you go. I really wish I could love this stuff, but I just like it. I'd buy it again if St. Tropez ever discontinued their mousse, but I'd be a little sad about it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG self-tanner. If you follow all the rules about moisturizing, exfoliating, and washing hands, etc. this is very easy to use and smells amazing! No embarrassing self-tanner scent or orange color-this gives my NC15 skin a truly golden bronzey glow. Great color after even one application and you can continue to use it without fear of it becoming splotchy or orangey. It wears off evenly without the gross patches that Jergens left me. My friends were convinced this was a real tan!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Dellancey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product amazed me. I have a really good tan looking like real. After the shower and moisturizing I applied it all over my body including my face and it feels so good on my skin even after seven hours. If you want a beautiful non-orangey tan, I highly recommend this.

Pros:
- sweet marzipan smell which after few hours turns into the classing smell of all self tanners, but I cannot say wheter it's good or bad because I like that smell of sunless tanners.
- color guide, really dark color guide but you'll really appreciate it while applying, then it will disappear.
- you get a beautiful shade instead of that nasty orangey look.
- an even look all over the body without trying very hard.
- no need to use gloves - at first you may get scared how dark your hands are but I just wash them for about thirty seconds after every part of the body (nothing about ten minutes washing, that's ridiculous).

Cons:
- the price should be lower
but it's definitely worth to purchase it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by alliekat31

I have read reviews on this product for months but its kind of expensive so i put off buying it I searched for it on ebay and got the 16oz for only 40 dollars I just got it in the mail today. this product id great i like that it is a really dark color so you can see where your puttting it on i just put it on my arms for now it doesnt leave any streaks or spots i love the color i id put a little lotion on my elbows like it said and they are not orange. the one thing i hate though id that your arms are tan and your hands are really white so i kooked on line and it said to out a little on a cotton ball and rub it into the tops of your hands which worked great now it really looks like i just got back from the beach

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I love this self tanner. I use this for a few days and once I get the desired tan, I use Jergens Daily Moisturizer to keep the color. I apply it with gloves on because I don't want tan palms or nails. It doesn't smell bad but be careful putting on clothes after. Definitely not something you want to put on and then go out after. I put it on before bed and wash off in the morning. It can turn green (on the bottle or on the pump) but it will still work just as good.