Bare Escentuals Faux Tan

4.2

Water (Aqua/Eau), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dihydroxyacetone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, Xanthan Gum, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisodium EDTA, Octapeptide-5, Phenoxyethanol, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum). May Contain: Red 40 (CI 16035), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 6/7/2010 3:00:00 AM

The BEST color you can get. I am in love with this stuff, 1000% times over.

The tint is a little dark (only on my face though. I use this on face-with NO issues besides the color initially being a bit too much), but once rinsed it's an AMAZING looking tan. So real looking and olive and lovely. I'm an NW15 and get compliments on my tan when I wear this, and sometimes I put on more because I think it's faded, but really I've just gotten used to how FT makes me look and thought it was naturally my skin color! Does that make sense?

I don't know what else to say. Sure, it could last a little longer. And when you layer it on dry areas it can smear/pull a little funny that takes some lotion to correct. But it doesn't smell bad for MANY hours (later in the day and even after showering it does have tan smell, but not too bad I suppose.)

Basically you're tan immediately--no waiting for developing thanks to the immediate tint. It keeps you covered while the "real" tan develops!

It's just an amazing self tanner. Natural looking, instant color, lasts about 3 days, can be used on face, etc.

I use 1 parts lotion to 2 parts faux tan on body, and 1:1 lotion on face. I think this helps it spread nicely without diluting the color result. With gloves it slips around too much, but with a brush you lose some product into the brush. I don't have an issue with getting it off my hands if I wash immediately and vigorously, so that's the ideal method IMO.

Pump works just fine (I've bought the big daddy version twice), packaging is simple, and price is a bit high, but its well made and worth it.

I LOVE FAUX TAN!!!

on 6/2/2010 12:49:00 PM

This stuff is really good. The color is super believable too. The bronzer in the lotion gives you instant color and does look *somewhat* orangey in my opinion, but when you shower, you are left with nice tan, not orange skin. The other thing I am impressed with is the low odor. If you sniff your arm you can still smell a bit of that self tanner smell, but it's no where as bad as the other ones I've tried. Be sure to wash your hands immediately (duh) or even use gloves because it stains your palms pretty quickly. I'm super happy with this product.

on 6/1/2010 3:40:00 PM

I am rating this product a 4 simply because I have never used any higher end self tanners just Drug store brands.
To start off, I am very fair, I wear Nc20 in Mac and I have more of a golden undertone. I would recommend this product to fair girls, after one application I had a visible color difference and was given compliments by my coworkers. It starts off smelling like almonds but that fades and then it smells like self tanner, but its subtle.
I am on my third application and have a deep golden tan. It is so pretty no traces or red or orange at all. I have found an easy way to apply this product is by using a flat top brush ( like BE heavenly buffing brush) I apply one squirt at a time and buff into sections of my body. At the end i do a once over with my hands to make sure everything is well blended. Make sure you wash your hands as soon as possible. I would recommend using a brush or gloves because your hands will get very dark. My only warning is to make sure you let this product dry before you touch any water, you will get streaks and drip marks! Also I live in florida and it says it takes a hr to try but its so humid it takes much longer. I can dress in about fifteen minutes but the product does not completely dry until over night.
But overall I would buy this product again and will continue to reccomend it. It gives a real beautiful looking tan!

on 5/31/2010 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Anyone who loved this product, I have a cheaper alternative. It does the EXACT same thing. How do I know? I purchased this product while I was satisfied with Nivea sunkissed fiming lotion. One week i Used the Faux tanner, the next week I used the other. One week I even combined the two. Very close guys. One claims it "firms" the skin. One is a lot cheaper. Hmmmmm... Not a brain twister guys. Well I am here to review the product and review I shall. I really liked this product. It did give me a nice tan but not for the price. I am all for buy expensive products (this doesn't qualify expensive) if it does something no other product can or does it better. But I found something better. I liked the packaging. The bottle is very thick. No cheap drugstore Nivea ish. I like the nozzle too. It doesn't just pour a lot out like some self tanners do (aka VS). So I gave this product a 4.

on 5/30/2010 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For the past couple of years I have seen Faux Tan on a QVC TSV (around May) and every year I thought I should just buy it, but I never did. That is until this past May. I have used self tanners in the past and disliked every one I tried. They would either end up too streaky or too orange and I had decided that maybe self tanners and my pale skin didn't mix and since I refuse to tan in the sun, I would just be pale. I don't know what finally convinced me to buy the BE Faux Tan this year, but I am so glad I did. I got a huge bottle (16oz size I believe) and it also came with a kabuki type brush (it is so soft!) for 44.00+...a little expensive, but I seriously think that bottle will last me a long long time because I use very little. I put it on at night after I exfoliated and made sure that I applied lotion to my knees, ankles, and elbows. It is pretty easy to use since the product itself is brown, so you can see where you are putting it and the brush makes it fool proof against streaking. After I was done, I washed the brush with baby shampoo and went to bed...unfortunately, I have white sheets and when I woke up they were an ugly shade of orange=( but I threw them in the wash with a little bleach and they were fine! Since it did rub off on my pajama's and sheets I gave the product an overall rating of 4 instead of 5. I put Faux Tan on 2 days in a row and I looked tan...brown, not orange...real, not fake. I love this stuff and I will definately repurchase and will be on the lookout for the next year's TSV=). Thank you BE for a great product!!

on 5/28/2010 12:42:00 PM

Wow - this product DOES provide a natural looking tan. I am very fair and have never really found a fake tanner that looked authentic on my skin. This one does. I ordered it from QVC in a kit that came with a big flat headed brush for application. Just a dab applied using the brush is enough to provide a just barely-been-in-the-sun look. I will apply more "coats" this wkend to see how buildable the color is. This is the 1st tanner that I've used that doesn't have that awful smell. The color is just lovely! Fair girls - give this one a try! I'm sure it works even better on the darker skin tones.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Is it possible to fall in love with a self tanner? I say "Yes!"

I am naturally olive toned and most self tanners leave me still pale and maybe with a slight orange tint. This self tanner leaves me with a gorgeous, dark tan. Better than anything that a Mystic Tan or a tanning bed can produce. Not only that, but it doesn't make me break out!

It's super easy to apply and starts to develop in about 15 minutes. The smell is great by self tanner standards. You have to remember, its self tanner, not perfume, but I will say that I think its a better smell than San Tropez.

It leaves me absolutely gorgeous and brown...better than a week in the islands! Well, almost better!

on 5/18/2010 9:12:00 PM

I like this self tanner, main reason is it turns me bronze, not orange like most other self tanners I've tried. I use gloves so that my hands don't stain. This gives me that natural "tan" color I'm looking for even though I have very fair skin. I use it 3-4 times a week for best results.

This is pricey and I wish it came in a pump, otherwise a great product for an instant natural looking tan.

on 4/10/2010 1:00:00 PM

This is the best self tanner I've ever used. Please note I primarily self tan my legs, not my face. Even though I'm pale all over, my legs have many visible veins and I've found that a tan is the best way to cover them. My strategy with Faux is to shave and exfoliate, moisturize, and then apply the tanner. I've found that applying lotion first prevents streaks. I also wear latex gloves to avoid having to scrub the orange off my palms. Faux gives a natural brown color that lasts 4-5 days on me. I have a giant (16 oz) bottle that will last quite a while, but I will repurchase when I run out.

on 4/4/2010 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

First I will say that I LOOOOOOVE Bare Escentuals, and will never again use another foundation...ever. It is a wonderful company with amazing products, and I truly do love just about everything they make. I SO wanted this to be my favorite sunless lotion. But...it's my 2nd favorite sunless tanner, after St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse (used to be called and listed here as St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Mousse). The reasons this comes in 2nd place:
1. Application is a pain. It DOESN'T blend well, and it leaves you feeling greasy for a long time....ugh. If I'm not careful, I get a "beard" of color around my chin and jaw line...I tend to apply heavier on my face/neck/chest...I can do that with St. Tropez...can't do it with this. :( Blending is a must with sunless tanners, and for some reason, this stuff just doesn't blend worth crap.
2. Just not as dark of a result as I was hoping for. This IS on the pricier side (I think I got a 16oz pump bottle on eBay for about $50...a lot of product, but I have to use more to get the results I want). With St. Tropez...I don't have to use much, and I get a really dark lovely tan. This doesn't seem to last very long, either. I find myself pale and pasty in less than a week, bleh.
3. Price...as stated above.
Things I love about it:
THE SMELL! Mmm, the best smelling sunless out there. Still turns into that nasty sunless lotion smell, but at first, just delightful! :)

So...there you go. I really wish I could love this stuff, but I just like it. I'd buy it again if St. Tropez ever discontinued their mousse, but I'd be a little sad about it. :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials