Ouidad Climate Control Gel

3.7

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I didn't find this did anything for frizz whatsoever.

on 5/13/2005 2:31:00 PM

This one would be my HG were it not for the price and the fact that it has silicones -- which I'm not sure have damaged/dried my hair up, but I make sure to give myself a break from this product every few times I wash my hair just in case.

A stylist used this stuff on my when I asked for help figuring out how to style my wavy/curly/fine hair without dragging out the hairdryer and diffuser. She went through the whole "don't break up the curl" thing -- comb hair upsidedown in the shower, "plop" hair in towel, use clips while it dries to give the roots height, etc.... But the most helpful thing was that she used CC gel. When it dried, my hair had that 80's "wet" look -- and I was terrified -- but she gently smoothed my hair (pony-tail style) with just the tiniest bit of pomade and the wet stuff loosened up into the most gorgeous shiny healthy-looking ringlets, curls and waves. This stuff is amazing -- I'm still looking for something cheaper, but no other product has worked as well as this so far -- other stuff tends to "break up" my curls and waves into little frizzies.

on 3/4/2005 2:26:00 PM

not such a great product

on 2/20/2005 12:05:00 PM

I got a small bottle of this in a swap last year. It did not make a difference. This did absolutely nothing. Sigh :-( Did not control my frizz nor make my natural curls more manageable on humid days. There's no miracle here. Too bad because this is a lightweigth gel and I dislike heavy gels.

on 2/11/2005 9:34:00 AM

Too much silicones and not enough frizz control. Pass this one buy.

on 1/23/2005 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The best gel I have ever tried, and I've tried them ALL! I have naturally curly hair which I color and highlight all the time. This means my hair is very dry. This stuff goes on clear, clear, and even feels moisturizing! I love it, and hope it never gets discontinued or changed! It's worth every penny!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For the outrageously high price tag of this gel I was expecting a whole lot. What I got were the same results that I get using Physique's alcohol-free gel for a fraction of the price. No miracle product, just a designer name IMO.

on 12/20/2004 11:48:00 PM

This product works really well for my hair. It de-frizzes and defines my curly hair really well without being sticky.

on 11/3/2004 3:23:00 PM

I've been using this since summer, and honestly it is one of my HGs. During the summer, it really held the humidity at bay and kept my curls formed and springy. Now that it's drier, it is still a powerhouse of a gel. It can get a bit crunchy, but I soften it up and that doesn't effect the hold. Highly recommended.

on 9/26/2004 11:45:00 PM

I used to like this product alot. But after months of use I could tell that it was drying out my already dry hair. You have to alternate between this and some thing else to get consistent results. It is the water insoluble silicones that cause the dryness, not letting moisture into the hair and suffocating the hair shaft leading to the dryness.