September 30, 2014 | 1349 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Oil Slick Eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 7:57:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this color in one of UDs palettes and never used it until a few weeks ago. I tried to apply it with the sponge applicator that came in the set and it went on way too dark. I then figured out that I could wear it lighter by putting it on with a brush. Ahhh. Such a nice black color. It looks rockin' with my burgundy lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2005 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Splee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have the newer silver glitter only Oil Slick in my Powder Shadow Box and the older version with rainbow glitter that I got off of ebay. The older Oil Slick is gorgeous, an intense black shadow with millions of tiny silver, blue, green, red, and yellow/gold micro glitter. The newer Oil Slick has more of a dark charcoal grey-ed black with tiny silver glitter (If I hold it in a certain light, sometimes I think I've seen some stray green glitter, but Iím probably hallucinating.) If you want a black shadow with silver glitter, Milani Storm or Jane Clubbing has you covered, and for only $3! I love the old Oil Slick, the rainbow glitter is finely milled and shows up on my eyelids (use Visine!) If you can locate an older Oil Slick, itís well worth purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2005 8:40:00 PM More reviews by IlusionOrganica

I like it. I don't especially love it, or adore it, but I like it. It's a good nighttime black that looks great alone as a liner or in conjunction with most other shades. Problem is I find it kind of tough to blend and work with. Also, like I said, this is more of a nighttime black. I wouldn't wear it to work or anything -- too glittery.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2005 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lindseylouike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a shadow box and I use it as a liner. The shimmer looks really pretty at night along the lashline and doesn't seem to crease much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2005 8:35:00 AM More reviews by cait_nid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this eyeshadow- adds a dramatic effect to all different colours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2005 9:37:00 AM More reviews by ramonesbrat

As open as I am to "dramatic" eye looks, part of me spent years wondering why the heck anyone would need a black shadow at all... Perhaps for lining, but why not use an eyeliner? Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have purchased a single black e/s, but Oil Slick happened to come a Shadow Box I bought.Basically, it all started because I do my makeup in the morning and am a SAHM of two (soon to be three)... I don't go out a lot at night and I don't have a lot of time midday to fuss with makeup or anything non-child related. But one night, after my babies were tucked into their little beds, I decided to try something a little different. I applied Oil Slick in the outer parts of both my lids and and blended inward and WOW. Such a sexy dramatic look! So simple, yet so elegant and extravagent looking. I do this most nights to "sexify" my day looks and it works with all colors of shadows.Oil Slick is extremely pigmented and easily applied and blended. I haven't experienced any creasing with this shadow and very, very minimal smudging... I gave it 4 lipsticks instead of 5 because of the migrating glitter. I just wish it would stay where I put it! :pIn this review, I also said I would repurchase, which is true, but after Oil Slick runs out, I think I'll try MAC's Black Tied (which I hear is similar) or Carbon (similar black, but without glitter) just for experimental purposes. :) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 6:45:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

Good stuff. I use as an eyeliner and blend on the lid with fingers. Highly pigmented and easy to work with. I will buy this again. The glitter is definitely silver, though, not rainbow =(.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by kensbarbie1017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For some reason, UD shadows seem to be hit or miss. The colors with glitter, tend to have a dryer texture, and are less pigmented. This is an opague black with silver glitter. I defintently don't see multicolored shimmer here. It does have a pretty rough texture compared to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2005 9:08:00 AM More reviews by joey_zane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying several supposedly 'black' eyeshadows I've finally found one that lives up to its name :)

Can be used heavily as an eyeliner with a thin brush or lightly as an all-over lid colour, also blends beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2005 3:24:00 PM More reviews by bacorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this shade in my Shadow Box, and I love it! It is great for a smokey eye and I have no problem with falling glitter.