MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

on 8/10/2010 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I ADORE this shadow! It's such a lovely warm peachy brown that has many uses. I'm N25 for reference and neutral, slightly warm skin tone. I use this in my everyday look in the crease and with more smokey looks on my lids. I do not think this would suit very many cool toned ladies because, when on is a very warm slightly orangey brown. I love how warm this shadow is, it really gives me a bright and clean look. I didn't think this would look good on me since it was so very warm but I'm so glad I bought this, I use it all the time. This shadow is also very smooth and blends very easily. It's a must have! I will always repurchase!

My Holy Grail crease color. Smooth texture, easy to blend, great color payoff. Looks boring but trust me, everyone needs a go-to crease color! And your crease should not be over-powering your basic everyday look.

I have yellow undertones with monolids (NC25-NC30). I don't have a visible crease and the skin around my lid is naturally slightly pink.
I've tried Cork and copperplate for crease colors but nothing compares to the results i get with Soft Brown.

It's appears to be a peachy brown and when I apply it, it gives me some depth without looking like a cut crease but visible enough so that I look like I have a crease.

A friend (she's a monolid and paler than me) really liked it on me and we both went to Mac to get one for her. however it didn't work on her. She's NW20 with pink undertones. It make her look like she had a swollen eye. She ended up with Wedge to get the similiar effect.

on 8/6/2010 10:09:00 PM

I don't know why I've never tried this before, despite numerous positive reviews and recommendations----really wish I hadn't wasted so much trying to a perfect crease colour. Anyway, in the pan this colour looks like basic peachy brown, but on my eyes it is completely different. My eyes are quite flat, with little depth and a lot of space between my crease and brow bone. I love to use this to create the illusion of a larger crease when wearing neutral tones or as a transition colour when wearing a smokey eye. As with all e/s I use a primer (UDPP) before applying and it lasts all day.

I have tried using Wedge as well as Omega as a crease colour, but they were far too cool for my eye. If you're NC20 or fair, perhaps try Soft Brown as an alternative.

on 7/18/2010 5:37:00 AM

Best blending colour in the world. I bought this cause I love the similar colour from my 88 coastal scents palette and feel so heartbroken everytime i use that palette cause it's so pretty to look at all the colours. I feel like i should use that palette as sparingly as possible... So i bought this and I love it! i use it to blend out embark and then bamboo on top it of it to blend to my highlight/browbone. It's so nice! The MA at MAC tried to talk me out of buying it for some reason and kept on suggesting other "nicer" colours. But i insisted on this one and i'm so glad i did cause it's so useful! It's also great as a bronzer/blush.

on 7/17/2010 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Love it as a crease colour, blending colour or even a brow colour in my more reddish days. it's a real soft brown with a tad of orange. I really like this!

on 7/14/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have over 100 brown eyeshadows alone and this is my favorite. This is a awesome color to do a softly contoured eye with. I use Dazzlight or a similar color on my lids with soft brown in the crease and black liquid liner. This is my go to look if I want a soft eye, especially with a red lip. Great for a pin-up style look. This is also a great color to blend out and diffuse your crease color with. Gives a nice soft blended look. I use this shadow with with almost every look I do. Def. reccommend to anyone. NC30 for ref.

on 7/14/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOOOOOOOVE this shadow! I use it almost everyday to blend my brown highlight and my crease color. One of MAC's best!

on 6/17/2010 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is probably the only brown that I can wear due to the fact that most browns dont work on me because Im very fair with cool undertones and the warm tones in most browns just look horrible. (Omega made me look sick and gave me a dirty like look)
This is a very lovely light/peachy/brown shade that blends well and gives a soft sohpisticated look. This is a brown that will work for most skin tones. The matte formula is a plus. This is a must in any makeup palette.

on 6/6/2010 2:09:00 PM

Love this shade of brown. Has a slight warm peach undertone that looks amazing in the crease paired with either Arena or Jest on the lid. I also like to use it to blend out darker brown crease colours to soften my eye look and fill in the upper portion of my crease (I have larger eyes with a lot of brow space). I find myself reaching for it on a pretty regular basis. A nice staple for my collection!

on 5/24/2010 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

At first, I hated this eyeshadow, but the more I began to use it, the more I began to really appreciate it. My skin type is tan/olive and I have golden yellow undertones and this eyeshadow is a perfect match for my skin color. I use this for all over the lid or as a highlight color. I usually place Soft Brown on my lid and use Cork on the crease to make a natural smokey look (both are matte colors). Before it just sat im my palette and now its one of my Must - Haves eyeshadow lol. I really hope they keep this color. Works well with Cork and any eyeshadow if you are tan or olive skin toned.

Top Rated MAC Products