April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Soft Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

This is probably the only brown that I can wear due to the fact that most browns dont work on me because Im very fair with cool undertones and the warm tones in most browns just look horrible. (Omega made me look sick and gave me a dirty like look)
This is a very lovely light/peachy/brown shade that blends well and gives a soft sohpisticated look. This is a brown that will work for most skin tones. The matte formula is a plus. This is a must in any makeup palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this shade of brown. Has a slight warm peach undertone that looks amazing in the crease paired with either Arena or Jest on the lid. I also like to use it to blend out darker brown crease colours to soften my eye look and fill in the upper portion of my crease (I have larger eyes with a lot of brow space). I find myself reaching for it on a pretty regular basis. A nice staple for my collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first, I hated this eyeshadow, but the more I began to use it, the more I began to really appreciate it. My skin type is tan/olive and I have golden yellow undertones and this eyeshadow is a perfect match for my skin color. I use this for all over the lid or as a highlight color. I usually place Soft Brown on my lid and use Cork on the crease to make a natural smokey look (both are matte colors). Before it just sat im my palette and now its one of my Must - Haves eyeshadow lol. I really hope they keep this color. Works well with Cork and any eyeshadow if you are tan or olive skin toned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by bloodyroses

This is an awesome neutral brown to have kicking around in your palette. It's very useful for those muted, subtle looks when you can't wear brightly-coloured makeup. Excellent pigmentation, texture and blendability.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my go-to MAC eyeshadows. I'm on my second pan of this shadow & I still love it just as much as I did when I bought it a couple years ago. Soft Brown will go with just about any look your trying to achieve. Very great neutral shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaHat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great warm light brown color but the formula is severely lacking. It's dry and doesn't apply easily like Bobbi Brown, for example. It also kind of sits on top of your skin (even applied lightly) rather than meshing with it. I'd rather spend a little more money and get a really great color and formula.
Update: I still wish this was smoother but I'm using it again and love how it wears without creasing. And the color is typical MAC - great.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Soft brown eyeshadow is simply the most amazing eyeshadow color to blend out harsh lines. I use it every single day. Pretty hard to find a dupe for this color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hate to ruin the streak of good reviews, but this color just does not work for extremely fair, cool skin. It's too peachy and warm to look natural in the crease. Wedge or Omega work much better to define the crease in a subtle, flattering way with my skintone (NW10). Perhaps I was using too much, but it honestly looked like I'd rubbed really hard with my blending brush an irritated my eyelid skin a bit after applying Soft Brown. Still, this shadow blends nicely. On more tan skin it would be very pretty and versatile judging from the reviews here.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

I received this as a gift. I hate to yell at you guys but SOFT BROWN CHANGED MY FREAKING LIFE. This color is so VERSATILE, I find myself reaching for it in almost EVERY look I do. It's a FABULOUS crease color, and it really looks amazing with any look. It's great in a pinup-girl look with Stilife paint on the lid. It's great with Tempting for a smokey bronze/gold look. It's just great with anything--it's all about experimenting with it. For a matte, the color payoff is wonderful and the color is super blendable. Love my Soft Brown :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Soft Brown is often overlooked because it's brown, and well... it can appear boring. Most people cannot figure out what to do with it, or they think they can find it anywhere for cheaper. You can't.... I've come across every brown known to man, and it still manage's to be "the one" I reach for every time. Some may know it can be used to blend out a smokey eye, or simply define the crease for that ultra natural day look. I would also use this paired with bright lips. It just adds that touch of definition you need. So some may say it's basic, but it has it's purpose. That's why it's permanent. ;)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No