April 24, 2014 | 1386 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by lipsofanangel56

I got this in the shade 10 Bountiful Blush. I absolutely love this colour balm! I think it really delivers on its' moisturizing claim, becuase I never drink enough water and therefore my skin and lips are always dry; this really keeps my lips feeling smooth and hydrated. I also love the color because it's MLBB. I guess I have the newer packaging which has the solid metal top, not the clear one and even though it is pretty chubby, I think it is still very portable and easy to throw in my bag. I love how there are no extravagant claims on this product, it says what it does and it does what it says. I think shade 10 is perfect for someone who doesn't want their lips to look washed out, but if you have very pigmented lips, this may not work for you. Since my lips tend to look washed out if I just wear a lip balm or a clear gloss, Bountiful Blush provides the perfect amount of color. Also, I swatched a bunch of the other colors while I was at Sephora, and it looks like even the more intense colors can be sheered out very nicely if youw ant more of a flushed look rather than the dark vampy red lip trend that's goin around now. Another plus to this, is that my lips tend to be a little flaky and so I always exfoliate them in the morning; I find that I don't need to with this product because it doesn't cling to the dry patches. In fact, I think it actually minimizes their appearance! And for the price; I've tried many drugstore balms (Covergirl, Burtsbees, etc.) but none of those truly feel as nice on my lips as Clinique's does. Overall, bravo Clinique for this wonderful product, I'll be sure to go out and try some darker shades!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by CeeTe3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product, it keeps my lips moist. I have 14 Curvy Candy, and it's quite a pretty pink color. It gives my lips a nice soft effect, and lasts long (as long as I don't rub it or wipe it). I would definitely buy this again, but I'd get a darker shade next time!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by r2can2

I have the Woppin' Watermelon and I LOVE the formula! I probably went too light on the shade, but it definitely keeps my lips moist w/ a hint of color. Just waiting on using up this tube, and getting a different shade next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by redlucy07

I got this in Heftiest Hibiscus which is a really lovely bright coral orange. I think it would look great on most people but is probably best suited to medium or dark skin tones. It is really very bright and quite pigmented. The staying power is quite good as long as you aren't eating or drinking anything - forget it if you are. I find that I can wear this without a lipbalm underneath as the formula is quite nice and creamy and moisturizing, not as moisturizing as a balm but more so than a regular lipstick. I love the packaging, think it's gorgeous, and like that it comes in a twist-up pencil so that no product need be wasted by sharpening. I think the range of shades is very good too. I rated it four stars instead of five because I think the staying power could be slightly better and that it is a bit expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by lilpuff141

This is definitely the best make up produce I've purchased in a long time! I have the melon one, and the coral shade is perfect for my medium-fair skin tone. I usually gravitate towards the pinks, but I tried this shade and fell in love--it kind of toned down the pink color in my skin and just looks really nice. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did, but I'm hooked. I can see what others are saying about the price, as it is $16 at the Clinique counter, but I think it's worth it since I look forward to putting it on every day. Also, it's long-lasting so I don't need too many touch ups, and it's incredibly easy to apply. I personally didn't have a problem with it drying out my lips--it didn't really moisturize them too much, but it didn't dry them out at all and kind of protected them from getting dry, if that makes sense? Try it out at a make up counter if you get the chance!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Kampretos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i dont hate this but i also don't hate it. but it's just simply too expensive. wouldn't buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by pearlsforbreakfast

I have this in "Whole Lotta Honey" and "Heftiest Hibiscus". Whole Lotta Honey is a very natural colour on me, I would say it's not noticeable, it just smooths out my natural colour. That sounds ideal but I would probably actually have preferred to get something a touch darker or more rosy cos it feels a bit pointless unless my lips are really patchy in which case I probably wouldn't put anything except balm on them. Heftiest Hibiscus is a bold colour that I wouldn't normally have picked but I really like it.

I love the crayon format though I wish they were half the size and half the price cos they take up a bit more space than I think is necessary. But it lasts a while on my lips and while it's not really moisturising, it sits nicely on top of a lip balm without smudging and you don't really notice it there. Most similar products I've tried don't last as long and I really like having a bit of colour without the weight of lipstick.

I bought this for roughly $16 USD at airport duty free in Shanghai, I wouldn't buy it at full retail price in Australia (over $30 AUD I think). Even $16 I think is pretty expensive when you consider that tinted lip balms are usually like $8. So I would probably recommend this more for a brighter colour than for a "your lips but better" type colour for which I think you could do better with maybe a Burt's Bees product or such.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by SassyShari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In my opinion, this product didn't live up to the reviews and the high expectations I had. The color (pink) was okay, nothing special and my lips dried out about twenty minutes after applying it. It is pricey and it did not do anything special. I will not repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Kylje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this but the price point is a bit high around $19 for a product that should be at most $14

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really love the Clinique chubby stick that I got in whole lotta honey. It is the ultimate 'your lips but better' shade and it is incredibly moisturizing. These sticks cost $19 which is my only peeve with this product because there is not a whole lot of product you get given how big the stick it- very deceiving packaging! And since you go through these faster than you would a lipstick or gloss since you need to reapply it more it does go down quickly. I've only had mine for a week and a half and the tip is completely worn down! I might buy this again if I find a shade that the drugstore does not offer but otherwise I will look at my cheaper options cause this is simply too expensive