Clinique Chubby Stick (all shades)

Ingredients for all shades: castor seed oil [] caprylic/capric triglyceride [] vegetable oil [] candelilla wax [] beeswax\cera alba [] ozokerite [] shea butter [] hydrogenated vegetable oil [] jojoba seed oil [] tocopherol [] mango seed butter [] meadowfoam seed oil [] hydrogenated olive oil [] sunflower seed oil [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] mica [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] red 7 lake (ci 15850) [] red 22 lake (ci 45380) [] red 30 lake (ci 73360) [] carmine (ci 75470) [] red 6 (ci 15850) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] red 33 lake (ci 17200) [] red 28 lake (ci 45410) [] blue 1 lake (ci 42090) [] yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 11/18/2013 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wasn't expecting much because I didn't want to get my hopes up on such an expensive product, but boy is it worth it. I don't like using lipsticks mainly because I think it looks like I'm trying too hard, but this is perfect. I am a diehard lip balm fan, and this is amazing. Color is subtle but there and looks beautiful, and moisturizes like a dream. Packaging is perfect for what it does, makes it impossible to lose. I wish it had more product for the price (17 at Sephora) but worth it.

on 11/18/2013 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Tried the Chubby Stick in Mega Melon, a warm pinkish shade and in Graped Up, which looks dark but when applied it comes out as a cool popsicle-like stain.
Pluses:
Packaging: Genius, extremely portable, does not require a sharpener, so no loss of product
Colors: Nice range of colors
Minuses:
Staying power is just not there. A faint hint of color is all I can achieve on my pigmented lips and it slips off in no time. Formula is also slightly greasy so even as a chapstick alternative it does not do it for me.
Overall: While I really love the Chubby Stick Intense line and I own several shades of Intense sticks, the regular Chubby Sticks don't do much for me. Not an awful product, but for $17 a piece I need to see some color payoff, therefore I will not repurchase the regular Chubby Sticks.

on 11/18/2013 7:51:00 AM

Revlon kissable balm stain is a thousand times better than this product!
This product has no staying power and is greasy! There is no color pay off whatsoever.
Get the Revlon and you'll see that for less money you can really have a better product.

Ive never liked Clinique, should have stuck to my gut,, now I have to waste time and gas to return this.. Fantastic :(

on 11/15/2013 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

not a huge fan!... aloette one is way better.
this dries my lips out so bad they hurt. colors are pretty, but there is better out there that do what they say and not dry my lips out

on 11/15/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I recently picked this up at Sephora.and got it in the colour Chunky Monkey. At first I was really impressed with the colour pay off and how moisturizing it felt on my hand. After trying it when I got home, it was a great disappointment. Despite already applying on a layer of the nivea lipbalm, gliding the chubby stick on my lips was still really dry and difficult.

Pros
Nice colour pay off
High gloss
Sheen

Cons
Drying on the lips

on 10/15/2013 5:06:00 AM

I have this in Chunky Cherry and I love the colour. Besides testing out lip glosses, this is probably my first coloured lip product I've used. I've almost hit empty on it and recently decided to venture off elsewhere. The colour is extremely pigmented and it doesn't feel like you have anything on your lips. It is a little bold for my taste which is why I want to test out other lipsticks. It's somewhat moisturizing and it doesn't dry out my lips which are prone to getting chapped. It doesn't enhance any dry patches I have and just a couple swipes does the job. However, I find that I do need to reapply this quite frequently. It only lasts a few hours before it fades. This product lasted me quite a long time, probably over a year and I use this everyday.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received the Voluptuous Violet chubby stick as part of a Clinique free gift and was a bit perturbed by the dark purple shade, but the colour is very sheer and turns my lips a soft grape-y sort of purple, like I was interrupted eating a grape lollypop. It goes on very nice and smooth and feels very hydrating, though it actually tended to leave my lips slightly drier than they were before I put it on. Your natural lip colour will definitely affect the shade it becomes. I liked it but probably would not buy another one or repurchase as I prefer more pigmented lip products.

on 10/13/2013 6:40:00 AM

The Chubby Stick formula is nice and moisturizing and feels almost weightless on my lips. I chose "10 Bountiful Blush" which turned out to be a sheer brownish pink that disappears into my lips and looks rather blah on me. The packaging is functional and cute, but is rather large for something that contains so little product. For the amount, it is also rather expensive.

on 10/8/2013 6:45:00 AM

I'm a total makeup noob so I really crave easy-to-use products that'll make my dull face pop when I'm looking to impress. This product will satisfy the most novice among us! It'll add a lovely dash of colour and just lift your face. Choosing a suitable colour is no problem because there are a range of superb shades which you can try.

I purchased this product because I love adding colour to my lips, but I find regular lipsticks settle into my dry skin - despite my attempts to exfoliate. This product thankfully avoids that and has great pigementation - which you can layer if you are going for drama!

I have to say however, that the moisturising power of this product is not as great as your everyday lip balm, hence only 4 lippies. However, this product is a great alternative to those of us who have sandpaper for lips but don't want to give up lipsticks!

The product is pretty light weight and portable. I have not had any problems with the cap coming off when it's in my purse. What I do take issue with is that the product doesn't completly retract into the tube, I always have to be careful when removing the lid so I don't break off the top bit.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the idea of these butI resisted buying them for a long time and was pretty happy with the Revlon ones. Recently I bought two of these from clinique.com. I love the formula, the color, and the customer service but will not be repurchasing these. The packaging is TERRIBLE. One of them (Mightiest Maraschino) arrived damaged. The customer service representative was fantastic when I called and she sent out a replacement. The replacement is now damaged because the top WILL NOT STAY ON. I like to carry my lip products in a makeup bag in my purse and every couple of days the top comes off and stains everything. I am not carrying these anymore so that means that I am not using them. I will stick to the Revlon ones which seem sturdier to carry around.

Recommended for Medium Skin