Dove Essential Nutrients Day Lotion SPF 15

3.3

on 9/29/2005 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This product felt like Crisco on my face. Not recommended for combination or oily skin!

on 9/28/2005 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have never found the "perfect moisturizer," but I'm very happy with this one. I know many people have had problems with absorbtion, but it absorbs pretty well for me, leaving me with a very slight glow. (My skin can be dry in areas.) I haven't had a problem with whiteheads, either, or new breakouts, even though I have rosacea. (If it would only clear up my blackheads! THAT would be a miracle!) The fragrance and texture are both good, too. I will buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product because of the SPF.... it moisturised but my skin broke out and it took AGES to rectify the problem. One lipstick because of the price only!

on 8/6/2005 10:02:00 AM

It makes my face feel alittle uncomfortable. I started to get white heads on my nose. So i use it on my hands.. :]

on 7/30/2005 11:16:00 AM

i use this when i don't want to wear a tinted moisturizer. it feels great on my face. plus, there's SPF 15.

on 7/28/2005 12:24:00 AM

I love Dove products! I got this lotion for around $3. The lotion is light and a little goes a long way. I've always used the Clinique dramatically different moisturizer..and i have to say, the Dove one beats the Clinique by 100% (for me). The Dove essential nurtrients day lotion didn't break me out and it also offer sunscreen protection. it goes great under makeup too! I have to say that I am very satisfied with this product and I will by it again!

on 7/17/2005 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a light moisturizer with broadspectrum SPF 15. That's exactly what I was looking for...oh and for something that wouldn't break me out and stink like roses (ahem Oil of Olay). So I was pleasantly surprised when I took this home (after returning the Oil of Olay Complete Defense SPF 15 for combo/oily skin). I love the smell of Dove products, like a crisp cucumber. LOL!

Yet there were two problems I found. For one, what is up with the stupid packaging? The cap is kinda hard to take off due to its shape. I wish it had some grooves to help pop it off OR just have a regular screw top. My other complaint is that it tends to take a while to sink into my skin. Overall I'd give it a B+/A-. continued >>

on 6/9/2005 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am almost out of this moisturizer. I really like it. When I put it on, it does not feel heavy or sticky, and my skin feels moisturized and replenished. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 6/9/2005 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i liked this lotion at first. the scent was nice, not too overpowering, and it was light enough to moisturize my oily skin just enough to the point of avoiding an oil slick, however, i started to break out after using it for many weeks, which was weird. i think it was the mixture of sweat and that particular lotion on a hot day or after a workout that made my face and neck breakout in painful bumps. it doesnt happen w/ oil of olay spf 30 lotion...so anyways i use the lotion on my arms now. i wouldnt buy it again for my face, but i would buy it again for my body. it works great as a body lotion!

on 6/6/2005 3:24:00 PM

The only reason i'm giving this a ONE is because i like the smell very much!! Other than that.. i hate this product!! it made me break out every time i use this.. It feels incredibly greasy when i apply it and it LOOKS even more greasy on my face (maybe the SPF?) This is HORRIBLE as a base for makeup as well.. which is the only time i wear moisturizers. So far the best moisturizer i find is the C&C dual action moisturizer!!

Popular Moisturizers