September 17, 2014 | 1219 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Moisturizing Remover for waterproof Eye Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by amaris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this for a long time before switching to Lumene. This remover is OK at getting my eye makeup off, however, it does leave an oily residue behind, even after washing my face. I would sometimes wake up with some residue of mascara that wasn't completely removed by this product, as the oils do tend to get trapped in the lashes. Maybe that's the "moisturizing" part of this remover? I'm not sure. In any case, it's not that great and Lumene is better and you get more for the same $.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well it does remove waterproof eye makeup. I was wearing lots of dark makeup last night because I did a dark green smokey eye for Christmas: MAC sharkskin shadestick, antique green pigment, UD perversion, HIP cream eyeliner in black and diorshow waterproof and it all came of with the same ease that my normal remover does, which is pretty easy, about 3 swipes of the cotton.
...but that's about the only nice thing I can say about it.

I am visiting family for the holidays and didn't have a very travel friendly container for my homemade oil-based makeup remover so I figured I could pick something up at the drug store that would work. Maybelline products were BOGO and I wanted to try colossal volum so I got that and this. Well I'm glad I got it on sale because it sucks. It is so thick and nasty. I couldn't easily get it on a cotton pad and then when I did it was just too gross. Also, it dripped all down the bottle because it's so thick. I might try using it without the squirt part and just put a cotton pad on the open neck. I also think I might add some water to it after I use some of it because the amount of mineral oil in it is ridiculous. My homemade recipe is 1/8 glycerin, 3/8 water and 4/8 (1/2) mineral oil and it works just fine. There's not even any water in this...it's just straight up oil with some other stuff and is nasty. I should have read the ingredients before this impulse buy or at least looked closer for the texture.

Will definitely not repurchase. You can make makeup remover that is less icky than this for MUCH cheaper. It really bothers me when companies make really cheap products and charge you way more than they're worth. There's nothing that fancy in this and I think for the full price of this you could buy a bottle of mineral oil and glycerin and mix your own.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by JelliBelli247

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gack, this wasn't as good as I had hoped. I was looking for something a bit cheaper then my Clinique eye makeup remover. Oye, never will I stray again. The product squirts out like a runny jelly, not a liquid really. The "greasy" feeling stayed on my eyes and hands even after washing. It made the bottle slimy and is still on my keyboard from my fingers. Can't seem to get it all off. I know and understand that most waterproof removers have that oily texture but this was a lot more ucky then most. Even my oily Clinique doesn't do what this one does. Worst of all, It didn't really clean off anything, and it left this grayish shadow residue on my lids that I had to remove with my toner. OUCH! It was the only thing that would take it off. Can't recommend this one at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by stephmerchant

I realize there is oil in it. But there is insane amount of residue after a blots and a couple wipes. Nasty

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by flcndvsx

I like it. Put some of it on a cotton pad and press on your eye for about 5 seconds, and wipe away. I didn't think it was oily, as some of the other reviews say. It's pretty powerful, when I run low I add water to the bottle and it works just as well, and is much less intense. It's my favorite so far, but I'm going to keep trying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's a good eye makeup remover, but it's no different than using baby oil. Check out the ingredients - the first ingredient is mineral oil. So duh, it's going to take off your makeup and be oily. I won't repurchase because a big bottle of baby oil costs less than this teeny bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For a cheap makeup remover I like this a lot especially compared to some others which don't work at all and burn. This one is nonirritating and i just wash my face after I remove makeup and the oilness is a non-issue for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 6:35:00 AM More reviews by aircafe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works well. It removes my waterproof mascara easily. It is very gentle to my eye area and does not leave me greasy feeling, just moisturized.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by anutka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it on sale 40% off and paid just $3.00. I was hopping it would work well to remove my waterproof Full n Soft mascara. It works ok, nothing special. I don't mind if it's oily, since I always wash my face after any eye makeup removal. But problem is that it makes my eyes blurry for at least 2 hours after using it, its so annoying! I really hate it. I will never buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by WinkieToe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is pretty good at removing my eye makeup, but it leaves such a greasy feeling to my skin that I dread using it. It does its job awesomely, but the oilliness annoys me. I dont think Ill be buying this again.