October 30, 2014 | 1944 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Bottle

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by fkamra1

I've got crazy acne that doesn't seem to take well to much, but this moisturizer (and I use the term loosley) does a fantastic job of drying up my zits and bringing them to a head.It calms any redness too. I've been using it for about a week and my scars already seem less noticeable (still there but not so dark and shiny), this is pretty good given the time frame, and it keeps my oily t-zone under control.There is a slight medicinal smell but it fades quickly and is not strong. I also use this with the Purity Made Simple Cleanser and On a Clear Day H2O2. Me likey a lot, but the packaging kind of sucks, The bottle is made out of thick non-bendable plastic, it's fine right now but what about towards the end when I'm trying to get the last dregs of product out?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ilovelipgloss01

I just started using this about 2 weeks ago and love it!!! I had tried the Hope in a Jar a while back but just didn't work for my oily skin. I love the way it makes my face feel! It almost feels like velvet. I have noticed my blemishes are also better controlled. My only complaint is that it doesn't come in a bigger size.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by annatj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use hope in a bottle more as a treatment than a moisturizer. It's perfect for colder weather when your skin gets dry and flaky. I've used it for about two weeks and haven't had a breakout since. Every morning i wake up expecting to greet a couple of anrgy looking spots but so far, nothing. I can really recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2006 10:15:00 AM More reviews by purplegirlie

I am now using my third bottle of this product. I use it primarily on my neck and jawline, where I seem to have the most breakouts (particularly monthly hormone-related blemishes). It doesn't appear to do anything to the TEXTURE of my skin, positive or negative, but it does seem to be keeping the blemishes to a minimum. I used to use it all over my face, and it was less effective there. But it works well where I use it now, and the bottle--though small--last a while. Not the greatest Philosophy product ever, but a pretty good one!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by arleen4226

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i purchased this product from philosophy.i called the 1-800 number to order it.the people that work for philosophy tell you how to use it and when to use it.they are the nicest customer service people i have ever talked with on the phone.if you have any questions about the products call them they are great.i ordered this topical treatment yes i said treatment not cream because i have very oily skin, blackheads on my cheeks( i found them with a 10 x magnifing mirror large pores and breakouts on my forehead.i only use philosophy products so i decided to give it a try.i am glad i did.i use it at night with my hope is not enough serum.it has a smell to it that lasts for a few seconds and it is not horrible like i have read in other reviews at all.you cant last a second with the smell? give me a break people!i used it for 4 days already and the pimples on my forehead are gone yes gone.my skin is smooth and clear and my pores are looking smaller also.the reason why youre pores look big is because they are clogged.hope in a bottle literally unclogs themyou get a lot in a bottle and a little goes a long way.this bottle will last me months.the price is dirt cheap compared to some of the top name treatments on the market today.hope in a jar controls oil also, my face is not an oil slick in the morning.the great thing i love about philosphy is they dont need to improve anything in the line of products they sell.you know how some big names always sell there products new and improved like once a year? philosophy does not do that, they are already the best they can possibly be ...perfect..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by rutgutpoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's HYPE in a bottle. I find the marketing "philosophy" of this line really sucks people in. But as far as the products go, they have a nice feel but really do nothing at all as far as I can tell. This was the same. Nice texture, did nothing at all to or for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2006 5:00:00 AM More reviews by dangeroussun

I really love this moisturiser...I have combination skin that breaks out every month and ever since I had my daughter I seem to suffer from acne every now and again as well..I find that if I use this alongside Purity Made Simple my breakouts are managed really well, don't get me wrong, a breakout won't clear overnight but it will definately clear up quicker than normal. The only problem I have with this is that when I use it often, after a few days my skin feels a little dry. I would highly recommend this moisturiser and I will be buying it again as finally I feel like I have finally found a product that is able to control my spotty skin without being too harsh! This is my HG moisturiser for when my skin is breaking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by kbrand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my daily moisturizer. I use this under The Present and sometimes use it at night (I switch between Hope in a Jar when my skin needs it). My skin is smoother and I noticed a big reduction in blemishes. The smell doesn't bother me AT ALL and it fades quickly. Best of all, it's an oil-free moisturizer that doesn't dry my skin out. A+!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2006 6:46:00 PM More reviews by kyidmnmaiv

I had been using Hope in a Jar, but since I have acne and large pores, I decided to try this. I ended up exchanging it after 3 days for Hope in a Jar.

This stuff smells terrible, although the stench fades away. I used it at night, and when I woke up, I saw no difference in my pores or skin texture. I was hoping this would work well as a moisturizer since it's a derivative of Hope in a Jar, but it didn't work that way. I ended up using another moisturizer on top of it, however, my skin was still flaky and dull.

For what this is, it's not worth the money. Go to the drugstore and buy a topical cream with 2% salicylic acid and any moisturizer; you'll get the same results as you would with Hope in a Bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by want2agegracefully

Had been an avid Proactiv user for years (before that Murad and H2o prior to that.) Although Proactiv kept the blemishes at bay ('cept for those hormonal ones) it never felt like I was nourishing my skin. In the last month I've slowly and completely switched my entire skin care regimen to Philosophy. While purity is just that, very pure and simple and works well, I tried on a clear day super wash and was much happier with the results. So I've been using purity in the evenings with when hope is not enough serum and hope in a bottle for congested skin and the super wash in the morning with HIAB and their vitamin C powder. The super wash in the morning helps keep the mid-morning shine away when used together with HIAB and their vitamin c powder. I also apply on a clear day protection cream for maximum shine control before applying make-up. Only use a little 'tho otherwise it feels too heavy. Agree that the products need to be used in conjuction with eachother to reap the most benefits. And by the way, on days when I'm feeling bold and running quick errands and I go without much make-up, using the super wash and HIAB with the vitamin c powder but skipping the protection cream still keeps the shine at bay for a while. Yes the fragrance isn't that great, ergo the four lipies, but the product does what it says it'll do, and it feels like I'm helping my skin instead of just stripping it, and the positive affirmations on each product are a nice touch.