October 22, 2014 | 858 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2009 6:17:00 AM More reviews by shalinir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first solid shampoo that I have ever used. I love Lush's cleansers( Fresh Farmacy, Coalface) but I absolutely HATE Trichomania! Make that detest! My hair is very thick, somewhat straight and dry but my scalp gets oily if I don't shampoo every other day. After using it my hair became super dry, dull , felt like straw and increased my hair fall!! It didn't even lather enough for me. I had to keep on rubbing the bar which is pretty frustrating. I am highly disappointed since they don't come cheap. But I liked the smell. Sort of cocoa butter and coconut cream mix. Very subtle but noticeable. So 1 lippie for that. The bar itself is slippery to the touch and tiny bits can break off unlike the other bar shampoos from Lush.

I definitely do not recommend this, specially to those who have similar type of hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this one. It smells so wondefully of coconut...reminds me of suntan oil and laying on the beach. It lathers up really nice and creamy. The coconut in this is great for dry hair...as coconut is a natural humectant and helps to hold moisture in the hair. Great for naturally curly hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very dry bar and it's heavy and medium sized (I tried to cut mine in half so I could handle it with wet hands in the shower and the darned thing crumbled considerably). Anyway, I had high expectations from the reviews and raves but it more than stripped my fine, usually untangle-able straight hair into a matted mess that I couldn't get a wide toothed comb through from midway down and it's kind of on the longish side. I couldn't take it so I went back into the shower, reached for my Suave (which also sucks but is .98) and a somewhat decent conditioner and it saved my hair. I threw that bar into the garbage before I even finished drying myself. That was and will be the last time I order anything from LUSH.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ripedwings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo bar. Super creamy, creates a HUGE lather in your hair, smells like cake. Doesn't make your hair super tangly. It's nearly perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by lsoorani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First off this is NOT named after the psychological disorder trichotillomania. The Greek root "Tricho" means hair, so basically Trichomania means "hair mania."
The shampoo is intended to tame frizzy dry hair, thus the "mania" in the name. The root "till" is what means "to pull." Notice this is NOT in the name!

Anyways, on to the shampoo itself! The smell is really wonderful but as the bar gets smaller I find it harder to get it to lather. It works well but it isn't something I'm head over heels about. I think I'm going to try another LUSH shampoo before I buy this again but I'll probably be getting another bar eventually.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by RainWitch

First, this bar is nothing to do with an STD! It's named after TRICHOLOGY, the study of hair. The mania bit comes from someone who loves (or is MANIC) about their hair. It is also a double meaning, a shampoo for big hair that needs some controlling. So, for crazy/manic hair! Here is the Lush page for Trichomania to show you: https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=425&category_id=487&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80

Right. I have quite dry/thick/fluffy/kinky hair, shoulderlength. This is a nice shampoo for me, it lathers well, in fact of all Lush products I reckon this gives me the most lather. It is easy to use, just like rubbing a bar of soap around your hair, but it makes it look nicer! It smells lovely, of real coconut! Lasts for ages too, I got mine 3 months ago, use it about twice a week and still got a chunk left, at least enough for another month.

However, this isn't quite moisturizing enough for my hair. I don't blame Lush for this, for hair less dry and thick it would be great, just not for me. I use this with jungle and it does tame my hair, just not as much as I'd like. I'm not buying this again because I want a bit more moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by junkfood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my very first trip to a Lush store, I was intrigued by the idea of a solid shampoo. The store assistant told me to try this one. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Before using it, my hair felt likie there was a lot of build-up, but I didn't feel that way after using this shampoo. It also reduced (not eliminated) my dandruff. But it didn't do much for my frizz. I'm wondering if I should switch my conditioner, too, and see if I get better results.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by lectriceye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo worked out really well for me. It definitely adds a lot of moisture to hair. I have curly somewhat dry hair and this added just enough moisture. The only thing I don't like about this is that it contains SLS. Because of that I probably won't be using it as often.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by vintagequeengf1

I love the smell, but I just don't get the same shiny, clean hair that I do with my favorite LUSH solid shampoo New!. The shampoo definitely smells like creamy coconut - delicious.

I can't get this bar to work up a great lather like I can with some of LUSH's other shampoo bars. I usually get mediocre results and find that I usually have to rinse and repeat.

I found this shampoo bar to be way to thick and heavy for me. I am trying to grow out my dyed hair, so my roots and the top 5 or so inches of my hair are super healthy, and the ends severely damaged from dying. I think part of the reason this doesn't work for me is that my undamaged roots get too greasy when using this shampoo. I like to shampoo only every other day, but when I use this I have to shampoo every day or my hair looks dirty.

Although there are things that I like about this shampoo, it just isn't the right fit. I think I will stick to New!.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by SugarMakeup

I'm neutral, haven't tried it. I just wanted to comment on the name of this product. The term "Trichotillomania" is a psychological disorder where there's a strong compulsion to pull out one's own body hair. People who suffer with this psychological disorder have practically no body hair. It's bizarre to find a product named this!