LUSH Trichomania bar

3.4

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Creamed Coconut (Cocos nucifera), Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Cocamide DEA, Soya Lecithin, Perfume, Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides)

on 4/30/2009 12:49:00 AM

I have dry damaged hair. It does not moisturize my hair very much at all. When I rinse it out I feel like I am washing away all moisture.

I love the smell though and am going to use it as a body wash or use it occassionally with a deep conditioner.

I actually have started to get dandruff from it as well. But it smells so nice. I wish it worked for that reason.

on 4/10/2009 9:56:00 PM

I like the regular shampoo bars from LUSH. They lather well, and smell nice. I didn't like this one because it has a weird texture... the suds feel gritty as you lather it in your hands. I don't like the fact that it doesn't come in the nice little puck shaped bars, either... because they have to cut it, and it's pretty brittle, it seems to get pretty crumbly when you take it home, and it's annoying to try and save crumbled off bits of solid shampoo. It does lather pretty well though, but not quite as well as the normal bars, in my opinion (but actually, I could be mistaken - I've had the normal bars in my shampoo rotation since before they switched away from SLS, so it could just be the new formula). It smells nice and coconut-y, so if you're into coconut (it's growing on me since using coconut oil on my hair religiously), it's a nice scent. I won't be buying this though, because of the texture issue, but all in all, it's not really that bad. I'd recommend buying a small amount of it at first though - I don't recommend asking for a sample of it, because it crumbles up too easily to tell how it works if you get a tiny sliver of it.

on 4/2/2009 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Having very curly hair I am always looking for a good moisturizing shampoo. As far as this one goes it does lather and cleanse well. The smell is awesome but I found that for me it started to stip my hair color (I color it jet black). I would use it if I wasn't coloring my hair for a while.

on 3/24/2009 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the first solid shampoo that I have ever used. I love Lush's cleansers( Fresh Farmacy, Coalface) but I absolutely HATE Trichomania! Make that detest! My hair is very thick, somewhat straight and dry but my scalp gets oily if I don't shampoo every other day. After using it my hair became super dry, dull , felt like straw and increased my hair fall!! It didn't even lather enough for me. I had to keep on rubbing the bar which is pretty frustrating. I am highly disappointed since they don't come cheap. But I liked the smell. Sort of cocoa butter and coconut cream mix. Very subtle but noticeable. So 1 lippie for that. The bar itself is slippery to the touch and tiny bits can break off unlike the other bar shampoos from Lush.

I definitely do not recommend this, specially to those who have similar type of hair.

on 3/2/2009 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this one. It smells so wondefully of coconut...reminds me of suntan oil and laying on the beach. It lathers up really nice and creamy. The coconut in this is great for dry hair...as coconut is a natural humectant and helps to hold moisture in the hair. Great for naturally curly hair.

on 2/13/2009 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very dry bar and it's heavy and medium sized (I tried to cut mine in half so I could handle it with wet hands in the shower and the darned thing crumbled considerably). Anyway, I had high expectations from the reviews and raves but it more than stripped my fine, usually untangle-able straight hair into a matted mess that I couldn't get a wide toothed comb through from midway down and it's kind of on the longish side. I couldn't take it so I went back into the shower, reached for my Suave (which also sucks but is .98) and a somewhat decent conditioner and it saved my hair. I threw that bar into the garbage before I even finished drying myself. That was and will be the last time I order anything from LUSH.

on 2/7/2009 3:16:00 PM

I love this shampoo bar. Super creamy, creates a HUGE lather in your hair, smells like cake. Doesn't make your hair super tangly. It's nearly perfect.

on 1/22/2009 1:25:00 PM

First off this is NOT named after the psychological disorder trichotillomania. The Greek root "Tricho" means hair, so basically Trichomania means "hair mania."
The shampoo is intended to tame frizzy dry hair, thus the "mania" in the name. The root "till" is what means "to pull." Notice this is NOT in the name!

Anyways, on to the shampoo itself! The smell is really wonderful but as the bar gets smaller I find it harder to get it to lather. It works well but it isn't something I'm head over heels about. I think I'm going to try another LUSH shampoo before I buy this again but I'll probably be getting another bar eventually.

on 1/9/2009 2:06:00 PM

First, this bar is nothing to do with an STD! It's named after TRICHOLOGY, the study of hair. The mania bit comes from someone who loves (or is MANIC) about their hair. It is also a double meaning, a shampoo for big hair that needs some controlling. So, for crazy/manic hair! Here is the Lush page for Trichomania to show you: https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=425&category_id=487&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80

Right. I have quite dry/thick/fluffy/kinky hair, shoulderlength. This is a nice shampoo for me, it lathers well, in fact of all Lush products I reckon this gives me the most lather. It is easy to use, just like rubbing a bar of soap around your hair, but it makes it look nicer! It smells lovely, of real coconut! Lasts for ages too, I got mine 3 months ago, use it about twice a week and still got a chunk left, at least enough for another month.

However, this isn't quite moisturizing enough for my hair. I don't blame Lush for this, for hair less dry and thick it would be great, just not for me. I use this with jungle and it does tame my hair, just not as much as I'd like. I'm not buying this again because I want a bit more moisture.

on 12/21/2008 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

On my very first trip to a Lush store, I was intrigued by the idea of a solid shampoo. The store assistant told me to try this one. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Before using it, my hair felt likie there was a lot of build-up, but I didn't feel that way after using this shampoo. It also reduced (not eliminated) my dandruff. But it didn't do much for my frizz. I'm wondering if I should switch my conditioner, too, and see if I get better results.

Popular Shampoos