July 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Biolage - Conditioning Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- does what it claims
- rinses out easily
- little goes a long way
- doesn't weigh hair down
- silicone free

CONS

- pricey

COMMENTS:

Great conditioner - left my hair feeling incredibly soft, shiny, and frizz free. It smells amazing, too. It's pretty thick, but I have no issues with application. I LOVE using this as a leave-in the most (it makes a great daily rinse-out, and a deep conditioner, too). You only need so little to see a huge difference and you can use this a few ways. I really like that there's a Sally's dupe to this, so I'll definitely give that a try once I'm through with this one. Oh yeah, it's silicone-free!

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMGGGGGGGG!!! this is by far the best conditioner i'v EVER used!!! I just started using it a couple of days ago and WOW!!! even on the first day I could tell my hair was freakin soft and shiny!!!! My highlights really stand out and OMG the softness no serioiusly...I am amazeddd!!! LOVEEEE this product along with the hydrating shampoo...the smell is great love it!!! HG HG HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by NatBeans

This is the best conditioner I have ever used by far. I asked my hair stylist what would be the best conditioner for my think, fine, long, damaged, highlighted, and long hair. She immediately recommended Conditioning Balm. I went out and bought the conditioner and loved it, the conditioner made my hair so soft and it detangled my hair so easily. The only thing I do not like about this product is the price tag, I understand that amazing products often come with big price tags. I just wish it was cheaper!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by maryamaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first came across this stuff when I was 14. I think I might have bought it in a duo at the Hair Cuttery. My hair looked insane when I used this - shiny and wavy and no frizz at all. I used it up until I was 22, at which point I decided it was too expensive and started to look at cheaper alternatives.

Four years later I finally convinced myself to buy another tub of this. I erroneously thought that what I had been using was comparable to the conditioning balm. I was absolutely wrong. My very long hair looks so soft and wonderful and tangle-free now. I should never have tried the cheaper route, this is definitely my HG conditioner.

I wash my hair with Trader Joe's tea tree shampoo, condition from the ears down, and leave on for about 4 minutes. I rinse well but not too well, and use either a tiny bit of coconut or argan oil on the length after I get out of the shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My review is for Biolage Conditioning Balm in the 16 oz tub, before it was repackaged/reformulated (it's now called "Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm"). I was looking for a good deep conditioner without protein and silicones, and after reading countless websites and reviews, I purchased a tub of Biolage Conditioning Balm. Whenever I use this conditioner, my hair feels so incredibly soft, smooth/tangle-free, silky, and it's more manageable after drying. I also notice that I tend to shed less after rinsing. It also smells amazing! I use it as my regular conditioner, since it never feels heavy or weighs my hair down.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by serenitydicarpio

I feel so-so about this product. I was expecting great results but this really had no better effect than a drugstore conditioner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by dipndotts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome stuff! I use this with the hydrating shampoo and they working amazing together. My hair feels soft and actually healthy now. Didn't think that was possible! I don't like when products come in tubs so I have this in the tube and I love it just fine like that! Yay for finding something that really works! Give it a go - a little expensive, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by latina72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a very good product, not the best ever, but good.
Leaves my hair soft and bouncy, but weight it down a little.
I have treated, colored long hair, and this conditioner makes it look healthy.
If you have really dry ends, try this conditioner, it could become your favorite. For me is really good, not the best ever, but really good compared to drugstores conditioners.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by aleegirl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this conditioner. It makes my hair feel amazing. It doesn't make it oily either. I have soft, silky hair thanks to Matrix. I definitely will be buying again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HD swears by Matrix Biolage and I have to believe her because my hair never feels more at its best unless I've been shampooed and conditioned at her shop. My current conditioner Frederick Fekkai Technicolor was far too drying for my hair and although I knew I could fall back on my trusty Redken Colour Extend, I really wanted to try something new. I've used Biolage Colourtherapie before, but with the way my hair is now, I really wanted something much more moisturizing. This is a super duper moisturizing conditioner and nowhere near as greasy as Kerastase. It really coats every strand of hair and makes it feel instantly moisturized. I can't wait to see how my hair is gonna look after a few weeks of use!
*** EDIT: Since I started using this in May, I've been astutely aware of an increased amount of hair loss, especially through combing out clumps of hair in the shower or snapping off long bits of hair pre-straightening. This lead me to believe that this conditioning balm does not have any detangling or strengthening properties. I can't believe I put up with this for 5 months and I'm really starting to wonder just how much hair I've damaged/lost in the process. I still have a full of head of hair though...