September 2, 2014 | 2084 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Honey I Washed the Kids soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Jaarc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Honey I washed the kids was my first soap I got from Lush. I was very disappointed. It was the most expensive soap and the worst soap I own so far. I thought it would leave my skin feeling very soft, silky and moisturized. But it didn't. It was very pricy and it doesn't worth the price. I don't mind if the soap is pricy or not but I do mind if the soap is worth the price or not. It melted quite a bit in just one shower which was a waste. It dried my skin so much and it left a sticky texture/residue on my skin. I needed to wash myself twice with Dove shower gel to get that feeling off me. The soap smells amazing when it's dry but it has a very weird smell when I used it in shower or when I put water on it. It has a very soapy smell. A bit salty to me. When it mix with a sweet smell, it creates a weird smell which I don't find it pleasant. The smell didn't linger on my skin at all. I couldn't smell the honey scent immediately when I got out of the shower. The packaging was ok but honestly, I don't care how the soap looks like. It is just a soap.
It is not worth the price and I was very disappointed by this soap. I would never repurchase this again. I would much rather get the $2 Dove soap. It is much better than a $15 Lush soap. At least it doesn't leave a sticky feeling on my skin and it doesn't dry my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by courtneyk01

LOVE LOVE LOVE. This is one of my favourite Lush soaps that I always must have in my stash! The smell is incredible and I haven't had any problems with it drying out my skin. I always feel so clean after using it and the smell lingers on my skin... yum!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Younggrasshopa14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This smells absolutely incredible, however it is super drying. The lather is okay and it lasts quite a while. I wouldn't buy this again though considering the price and how dry it leaves my skin. Maybe I'll buy the It's Raining Men Shower Gel, which smells exactly the same, and see if it is any better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by beaumamselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love how this soap looks with the honeycomb. A delicious, subtle honey and toffee scent! One downside is that for an all over soap it is too drying, so I use it as a hand soap.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by assertives

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Another product from lush that I honestly don't get the hype. It totally strips my skin and makes it feel very dried out. It's only saving grace is that the scent is really heavenly, but its not enough for me to repurchase. This is also one of the most expensive soaps I've ever bought.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This soap is really amazing! It smells like sweet honey, toffee, caramel, chocolate and honeycomb. I have bought two bars of this soap and I love it! It lathers easily and lasts for a long time! I would definitely reccommend it! My only complaint is that the honeycomb decoration on top of it does not lather up as well as the rest of the bar, however it looks great visually. In Australia, this costs $6.95 for 100g. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by naicha

I don't get the hype - this leaves my skin feeling super stripped, not smooth or soft at all. Yes, the smell is divine, but for me, it completely fails as a body wash. Glad I got to try it before wasting my money on a full size chunk.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by claireyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say every time I walk into my local Lush store, one of the first things I do is go straight over to this soap and take a nice big sniff of it because it smells that darn good. In fact so good I actually almost feel like taking a big bite out of it. Having said that, when I use Honey I washed the kids, I actually find a little drying on my skin which is so frustrating for me cause I love it so much and I so badly didn't want that to be the case. I just wanted it to be a creamy, dreamy and moisturising soap.
However, I will still always continue to buy it every so often cause of that smell and it actually does a reasonable job of cleaning. So when I do I just have to make sure I moisturise really well afterwards and FYI if it wasn't for that delicious smell I wouldn't repurchase again as its also not particlularly cheap for how long it lasts and with the drying out on top of that it just wouldn't be worth it. But oh that smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by AngelOtter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite thing from Lush, it makes you feel so clean and smells amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

This soap is absolutely yummy, smells so edible like caramel, second choice of lush soap after rock star!