October 25, 2014 | 1827 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by goguenm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the silver powder from a local store in Halifax (Mills) and I am glad that I did. I absolutely love this product! I used it the other night and left it on for 20 mins (I have very oily skin) and instantly after I wiped it off with the MB Cucumber Lotion my skin looked smooth and poreless! The blackheads that I did have the powder really opened up so all I did was put a Boire strip on them and it took them out easily. I've never had the strips remove my blackheads so easily. This powder is amazing. I've only been using the MB products for a few days now but I can already see and feel a dramatic difference in my skin. It now looks more radiant, smooth and even looking. I spent $200 on all of the products I purchased and it was well worth it! I am definitely going to continue to purchase MB products and am going to recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by ooshimmeroo1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to all the people that recommended using this product with Biore pore strips. It was amazing how much gunk I was able to remove from my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by love_and_butterflies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only used this twice and I've already noticed a difference! The pores on my cheeks look smaller and the pores on my nose look smaller & a lot cleaner. Yay!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by hannahhenrie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using this just around my nose, where most of my clogged pores are. I mixed it with water, put it on my face, waited for it dry, took it off with warm water, and tried extracting the blackheads. This stuff made it EXTREMELY difficult and painful to remove them and dried my skin out considerably, in a bad way.
Also, the container this stuff comes in is not suited to what it holds. It's a little plastic jar that holds this while powder (not silver) that has a habit of getting anywhere and everywhere. It's very difficult to get the right amount of product you want without spilling it everywhere.
But over all that, my biggest problem with this stuff is while the mask is on your face, as it's drying, little specks of the mask start to fall off your face with every move you make. Talk, and a avalanche of the stuff falls off onto your favorite black sweater. It gets everywhere; your eyes, mouth, nose and is a pain to clean up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by falling_stars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmmm...I think I like this product. It's a good treatment product for my oily skin - it tends to leave my pores looking tighter and skin clearer. I don't have too many blackheads but my pores tend to get clogged particularly in my T-zone and around my lips from applying lipgloss/balm etc. I use this once or twice a week - 1/4 of a teaspoon in my palm with a few drops of water to make a paste - apply to my T-zone and congested areas for 10 minutes - tone off with glycolic toner and wash with glycolic wash - usually in the mornings if I have time before work. My skin definitely looks cleaner and it gets the gunk out and shrinks my pores. I probably don't need to use this because my skin is generally not too bad but I think the results that it gives makes using it once or twice a week worthwhile. Packaging is okay but it is way too easy to spill and can be messy if you're not careful. Price is good for a treatment product that will last me ages. Not sure if I'll repurchase - I'm hoping my current jar will last me until I no longer have clogged pores to deal with!! However it definitely does what it claims to and if you have problems with blackheads give it a go - I'm just not sure my skin has enough blackheads to see the superstar results this product claims to give! Good for tightening pores and a nice product for 'freshening up' oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This followed up by a Biore strip is the best way for me to get rid of those inescapable, unpreventable nasty nose blackheads. I use it on my chin and cheeks when needed too! Loooove it. I don't use it with the astringent afterward if I'm following with a Biore strip.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by kellygreen49

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't bought this. I looked at the ingredients list and the first ingredient is Calcium Carbonate. That's the active ingredient of TUMS/antacids. So I did an experiment. I crushed up a TUMS tablet (the only kind I had was "smoothies" brand). I followed the same directions. Removed with a toner containing witch hazel. Shrunk my blackheads on my nose fairly well! Make sure to look behind the science of things before you pay $12 for an ounce of something. I love Mario Badescu, but they're ripping ones off with this particular product. Now I'm going to use something with salicylic acid in it tomorrow (after I steam my face) and hopefully that will flush them out further. Pretty sure the same results could even be achieved with baking soda.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by LovelyStars

i put a yes if i would repurchase it.
(i am not sure yet.)

i like this. and it isn't hard to remove with a toner after reading all the comments. it is quite easy actually. i fele that my blackheads are reducing with the use of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by yxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The good thing about this product is that you get a ton of powder in the tub, so it will last you a while, which is great because it's pretty expensive. I've used a bunch of different things for my stubborn blackheads and clogged pores including the Biore Pore Strips and the Clean and Clear Blackhead Scrub, none of which have worked. The silver powder is really good! It's not difficult to remove at all and I noticed a difference right away with less visible blackheads and smoother skin. The only negative that I experience with this product is that it is somewhat drying, but if you moisturize immediately afterward, you won't have any problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by staci01

This product is so amazing that my negative thinking won't let me relax and enjoy the products results. I'm looking for the loophole or needle to pop the balloon. I tried this out last week and again this week and followed the directions by using a toner to wash the powder off. Took awhile since the first time I applied a little too much and it was like trying to get paper mache off. Once I did I noticed that my pores were all white and filled with this powder and I freaked but applied more toner and after awhile my pores were clear. I looked at my face an hour later could see my skin looked so smooth and my pores had reduced dramatically! Dramatically enough that when I looked in the mirror the next morning I could see they were still shrunk! I don't really know how this stuff works and I'd really love to since it's a product that really seems way too good to be true. But until I have a reaction and/or find out this product really is a dream, a bad one, I'll keep using it. I've read many times that pore shrinking products don't work but now I really beg to differ. Some of my pores are really big and when after using this product I can see they've shrunk down by 75% I can say that it works. My question though are: does this stuff grab onto the gunk in pores and clean them out? Or does it shrink the pore with the gunk trapped inside? Or...? Anyway it's a fabulous product so far and I'm definitely in the Mario Badescu fanclub with this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No