Mario Badescu silver powder

3.8

Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide 5/20/09

on 10/1/2010 4:54:00 PM

I discovered Mario Badescu's silver powder earlier this year through one of HauteLook's private sales. I think it was $7 then? Not sure but it was cheaper than retail. Anyway, all I knew at the time was this powder was suppose to help with blackheads. I've had blackheads on my nose ever since middle school. I've tried practically everything I could to get rid of them but nothing worked. They'd either come back or worsen with treatment. So it was worth a shot to try the silver powder. I'm so glad I did! The blackheads on my nose began to shrink by the third time I used this. Mario Badescu's Silver Powder is messing but hey that's what makes doing a mask fun! I call it my "Geisha Mask" :). I'm definitely sold and will be a lifelong user. Thanks Mario Badescu!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this product a few times but it didn't do jack for me. I'm not sure why, it just kept crackling and crackling on to my clothes and when i washed it off it had no absolutely effect unfortunately.

on 9/7/2010 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is really great. Really works at removing gunk clogging pores. I've used it a few times and have seen a difference. I'm hoping with continued use things will get even better! Be sure to follow instructions and remove with toner/astringent. I was using water and a wash cloth and didn't get the great results that I did when I followed the directions. (go figure!)

Mario products are amazing and the price is unbelievable! If you fill out a questionaire online you'll get a customized routine sent to you, including samples.

The only negative about this product for me is applying with a cotton ball. It's a bit cumbersome, but nothing too annoying. A little goes a long way so the canister should last atleast 6 months if not longer.

on 8/17/2010 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the silver powder from a local store in Halifax (Mills) and I am glad that I did. I absolutely love this product! I used it the other night and left it on for 20 mins (I have very oily skin) and instantly after I wiped it off with the MB Cucumber Lotion my skin looked smooth and poreless! The blackheads that I did have the powder really opened up so all I did was put a Boire strip on them and it took them out easily. I've never had the strips remove my blackheads so easily. This powder is amazing. I've only been using the MB products for a few days now but I can already see and feel a dramatic difference in my skin. It now looks more radiant, smooth and even looking. I spent $200 on all of the products I purchased and it was well worth it! I am definitely going to continue to purchase MB products and am going to recommend it to everyone.

on 8/15/2010 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Thanks to all the people that recommended using this product with Biore pore strips. It was amazing how much gunk I was able to remove from my nose.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've only used this twice and I've already noticed a difference! The pores on my cheeks look smaller and the pores on my nose look smaller & a lot cleaner. Yay!!

I started using this just around my nose, where most of my clogged pores are. I mixed it with water, put it on my face, waited for it dry, took it off with warm water, and tried extracting the blackheads. This stuff made it EXTREMELY difficult and painful to remove them and dried my skin out considerably, in a bad way.
Also, the container this stuff comes in is not suited to what it holds. It's a little plastic jar that holds this while powder (not silver) that has a habit of getting anywhere and everywhere. It's very difficult to get the right amount of product you want without spilling it everywhere.
But over all that, my biggest problem with this stuff is while the mask is on your face, as it's drying, little specks of the mask start to fall off your face with every move you make. Talk, and a avalanche of the stuff falls off onto your favorite black sweater. It gets everywhere; your eyes, mouth, nose and is a pain to clean up.

on 6/30/2010 11:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Hmmmm...I think I like this product. It's a good treatment product for my oily skin - it tends to leave my pores looking tighter and skin clearer. I don't have too many blackheads but my pores tend to get clogged particularly in my T-zone and around my lips from applying lipgloss/balm etc. I use this once or twice a week - 1/4 of a teaspoon in my palm with a few drops of water to make a paste - apply to my T-zone and congested areas for 10 minutes - tone off with glycolic toner and wash with glycolic wash - usually in the mornings if I have time before work. My skin definitely looks cleaner and it gets the gunk out and shrinks my pores. I probably don't need to use this because my skin is generally not too bad but I think the results that it gives makes using it once or twice a week worthwhile. Packaging is okay but it is way too easy to spill and can be messy if you're not careful. Price is good for a treatment product that will last me ages. Not sure if I'll repurchase - I'm hoping my current jar will last me until I no longer have clogged pores to deal with!! However it definitely does what it claims to and if you have problems with blackheads give it a go - I'm just not sure my skin has enough blackheads to see the superstar results this product claims to give! Good for tightening pores and a nice product for 'freshening up' oily skin.

on 6/30/2010 10:32:00 PM

This followed up by a Biore strip is the best way for me to get rid of those inescapable, unpreventable nasty nose blackheads. I use it on my chin and cheeks when needed too! Loooove it. I don't use it with the astringent afterward if I'm following with a Biore strip.

on 6/23/2010 9:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I haven't bought this. I looked at the ingredients list and the first ingredient is Calcium Carbonate. That's the active ingredient of TUMS/antacids. So I did an experiment. I crushed up a TUMS tablet (the only kind I had was "smoothies" brand). I followed the same directions. Removed with a toner containing witch hazel. Shrunk my blackheads on my nose fairly well! Make sure to look behind the science of things before you pay $12 for an ounce of something. I love Mario Badescu, but they're ripping ones off with this particular product. Now I'm going to use something with salicylic acid in it tomorrow (after I steam my face) and hopefully that will flush them out further. Pretty sure the same results could even be achieved with baking soda.

Popular Masks