April 19, 2014 | 1565 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This followed up by a Biore strip is the best way for me to get rid of those inescapable, unpreventable nasty nose blackheads. I use it on my chin and cheeks when needed too! Loooove it. I don't use it with the astringent afterward if I'm following with a Biore strip.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by kellygreen49

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't bought this. I looked at the ingredients list and the first ingredient is Calcium Carbonate. That's the active ingredient of TUMS/antacids. So I did an experiment. I crushed up a TUMS tablet (the only kind I had was "smoothies" brand). I followed the same directions. Removed with a toner containing witch hazel. Shrunk my blackheads on my nose fairly well! Make sure to look behind the science of things before you pay $12 for an ounce of something. I love Mario Badescu, but they're ripping ones off with this particular product. Now I'm going to use something with salicylic acid in it tomorrow (after I steam my face) and hopefully that will flush them out further. Pretty sure the same results could even be achieved with baking soda.

11 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by LovelyStars

i put a yes if i would repurchase it.
(i am not sure yet.)

i like this. and it isn't hard to remove with a toner after reading all the comments. it is quite easy actually. i fele that my blackheads are reducing with the use of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by yxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The good thing about this product is that you get a ton of powder in the tub, so it will last you a while, which is great because it's pretty expensive. I've used a bunch of different things for my stubborn blackheads and clogged pores including the Biore Pore Strips and the Clean and Clear Blackhead Scrub, none of which have worked. The silver powder is really good! It's not difficult to remove at all and I noticed a difference right away with less visible blackheads and smoother skin. The only negative that I experience with this product is that it is somewhat drying, but if you moisturize immediately afterward, you won't have any problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by staci01

This product is so amazing that my negative thinking won't let me relax and enjoy the products results. I'm looking for the loophole or needle to pop the balloon. I tried this out last week and again this week and followed the directions by using a toner to wash the powder off. Took awhile since the first time I applied a little too much and it was like trying to get paper mache off. Once I did I noticed that my pores were all white and filled with this powder and I freaked but applied more toner and after awhile my pores were clear. I looked at my face an hour later could see my skin looked so smooth and my pores had reduced dramatically! Dramatically enough that when I looked in the mirror the next morning I could see they were still shrunk! I don't really know how this stuff works and I'd really love to since it's a product that really seems way too good to be true. But until I have a reaction and/or find out this product really is a dream, a bad one, I'll keep using it. I've read many times that pore shrinking products don't work but now I really beg to differ. Some of my pores are really big and when after using this product I can see they've shrunk down by 75% I can say that it works. My question though are: does this stuff grab onto the gunk in pores and clean them out? Or does it shrink the pore with the gunk trapped inside? Or...? Anyway it's a fabulous product so far and I'm definitely in the Mario Badescu fanclub with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I like this powder. The concept is good, using powder to absorb oil in problem areas. My nose is my problem. You are supposed to place a wet cotton ball into the powder and apply it to the skin. At first I thought that putting a wet object into the powder would 'mess up' the remaining product and make a mess. It does not. I have placed wet cotton into the jar and none of the remaining powder is effected, clumped or ruined. You need to apply just a little though. If you go overboard and use to much, especially on your nose, each time you breath out, white powder 'blows' out. I have used the powder 5 times now and I have noticed a difference. Clogged pores have been reduced and nose is less oily overall. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by melaniebelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing. I have used it only twice now. The second time in conjuction with a biore nose strip. I have NEVER gotten as many blackheads out of my nose before (using just the biore strips). It was pretty gross, but truly amazing. The entire strip was full. I could see after taking the mask off that many of my blackheads appeared to have risen out of the pore, so I figured I would just plop one on and see what happens. It was amazing. Almost every single blackhead came out. I have not noticed that my other blackheads on the rest of my face have gone yet, but I have only used it twice. I will continue to use 3 times a week. Probably with the biore strips just to get a good intial cleaning. I suspect that this will do a pretty good job of keeping the blackheads at bay after that. This also does wonders in keeping my super oily skin at bay. I don't seem to be producing nearly as much. I love the whole Mario Badescu oily skin line... great stuff and totally worth a try. They sell it at ULTA, or order the free samples from their website first. I am super happy with this line. Made me say goodbye to Origins :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Cynjrana

I just bought this product yesterday and tested it out last night, and i can certainly say that this product did wonders for my blackheads. I have spent years trying to get rid of these pesky blackhead around my nose, and finally i stumbled across something that really works. I heard that the glue from the strips actually creates more blackheads, and it is true after i started using the strips some 12 years ago my pores got larger and blackheads galore. I stopped using it immediately but nothing would remove it except this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have tried just about everything over the years to get rid of the stubborn blackheads on my nose, and this is the ONLY thing that has ever worked significantly. its a pain to apply, super messy and hard to remove, but it works, so i can't complain. i use it about once a week (and now all over my face, not just on my nose) and it cleans everything out of my pores. amazing stuff. definitely worth a try.

edit// i found an easier, less messy way to apply this. i pour a little in my hand (but you could pour it in a dish or something, but i hate to waste product) and sprinkle just enough water on it to make a paste and apply that to my face directly. this way i don't get dry little white powder flake all over, and it applies much more evenly than the way the directions say.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sscouterr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this for spot treating pimples and it work phenomenally! I take a q-tip, run one side under water, stink in the the powder, and apply to my face. Usually I sleep with it on and it rubs off over night, but you definitely won't have that pimple in the morning! One night, I felt a huge pimple coming. The ones that really REALLY hurt, yaknow? So I took some of this stuff, put it on, and bam! The area was spotless! :D :D Love love love!