October 2, 2014 | 1929 users online

Conditioner - Suave - Professionals Humectant Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by visageaparis

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bargain! I bought this for 1.70 at Target. It is Suave's version of Nexxus Humectress. I can't believe how well it detangled my hair and left it with a smooth finish. It has a coconut scent that smells great in the shower but doesn't seem to last on my hair--it just smells clean and fresh. There is a difference between the consistency and finish of this and more expensive products, but for the price it isn't enough to make me feel like I am really missing out. This still can't compete with Redken All Soft and with repeated use tends to really build up on my hair, but for my more financially challenged days, it is decent enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 7:51:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never did I think I could really love a Suave shampoo and conditioner. I have unprocessed (natural) AA wavy hair that I wear "wash n' wear", so I normally have issues with dryness, tangling and some breakage. I have used Nexxus products (which this Suave line compares itself to) off and on since the 80's and I have to say that I honestly prefer the Suave conditioner over Humectress. Maybe it's just me but it seems like Nexxus products have changed (for the worse) over the years, especially since they started selling them in drug stores. The formulation, quality, and even the smells are different than they used to be. I'll keep spending my money on Suave, as this conditioner has really helped to alleviate the dryness problem that I have. I'm pretty amazed at its performance!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by sandrabati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was extremely cheap at Target, only $3.50 for 32 oz. that's even better than my beloved standby, Herbal Essences Totally Twisted that costs $5 for 24 oz. I should have splurged for the extra dollar or so. My hair is completely dry and frizzy after using this. I can barely get a comb through my hair while it is sopping wet and smothered in two handfuls of this stuff. I have to use so much and it still doesn't work. The smell is just horrible fake coconut that lingers.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Xiriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After hearing reviews about Suave's Professional lines in general, I decided to give Humectant a try. I have tried Nexxus's Humectress conditioner and I do think that Suave's Humectant does just about as good a job as it but for a lower price! My only qualm about this conditioner is the scent. It is a rather strong artificial sort of coconut scent. It's not so bad though since in between washings my hair still smells good, but I do wish that it smelled more like something else to my preference... What I love most is the price. It's cheap for a fairly large bottle. The packaging is alright, nothing wrong with it, and I probably will buy this again but first I'm going to try a couple of other conditioners by Suave.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by beginning11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hair is as soft as when using other more expensive brands...great deal!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by melissav1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using this my hair feels extremely weighed down but is somehow really dry and frizzy as well. Even if I use a tiny amount it still feels like I put a bunch of product in my hair when I didn't. I think my boyfriend bought it for about $1.50 so I don't feel bad about the fact that it sucks, but I don't recommend it at all. I have thin hair that gets pretty dried out, maybe it just wasn't the right conditioner for me. I think I'll stick to that Aussie deeeep stuff for my cheap conditioning needs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Was looking for a cheaper, Nexxus replacement and I found it. Smells exactly like Nexxus, and moisturizes my color-treated, permed hair just as well. I am on my 3rd bottle (using in conjunction w/ matching shampoo - see review on that product) and am now just noticing that my hair is a little drier, but that happens no matter what shampoo/cond I seem to use. I will switch to something else for 1 bottle and then will come back to this for sure!! Even my hairdresser has commented on how good a condition my hair is and wondered if I was using some of their products...(heehee) :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Terrible conditioner-- wet combthrough was extremely difficult, something that never happens to me with conditioners. When dry, my hair was strawlike and breaking off. I'll use this as my CWC (first) conditioner but I need something a lot better for an actual conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by twinkletoes0613

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful, cheap drugstore conditioner......I use this for my co-rinses during the warmer months. Smells almost like coconuts, and its thick and makes my 3c/4a hair feel wonderful. Probably not safe to use everyday since it has proteins, but all in all, I'm pleased.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jadarnell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is BY FAR the WORST conditioner I have EVER used. I used this product for 2 weeks. By the start of the 2nd week I had static. My hair turned to a straw texture. My hair was healthy before and this stuff ruined it. Don't buy this product. So yes, I can tell this product from the real thing. My hair is AWFUL.