November 28, 2014 | 1953 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 6:54:00 PM More reviews by renee2424

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only Clinique product I like, and the only sunscreen I like. I am uber pale and very prone to acne so it's important I use a sunscreen and that it won't break me out. I stick with the physical sunblocks because every chemical sunscreen I have ever used has left me feeling greasy and has stung my sensitive skin. There is no whitening effect with this sunblock. In fact, it has a light tint that evens out my skin tone a little bit. This tint might not work so well with darker skin tones. I have repurchased this product many a time. Even if I stray and try something else, I always end up back with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2006 1:00:00 AM More reviews by sandyichiban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm highly satisfied with this sunscreen but I dont think its my "HG" sunscreen. Most sunscreen tends to get greasy on my face since I'm more combo-oily during the summer. This was the only sunscreen that didnt get my face too oily. It spreads easily over moisturizer and the texture isnt too thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2006 12:01:00 AM More reviews by madgalguru

I've been using this on and off for years - thinking that some new fandangled (i.e. advertised) sunscreen would be as pleasing...but no...I always return like a prodigal daughter back to this. I like it b/c it's got a high spf but doesn't cake over or become too shiny and oilslick like...and most importantly doesn't make me break out. I mix a bit with my dermalogica moisturisor and find it does what I want it to do. My only gripes are that I go through about a tube a month (exp on student budget) and that it's a chemical based sunscreen - I've yet to be impressed by a physical block sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by twiaanng2

I hate this! So hard to spready. They tell you to use just a tiny amount but you can't get all over your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 6:14:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

I really like this facial sunscreen. It has a very light feel, is easy to remove, isn't drying (as many can be), and contains some very beneficial ingredients (vitamins C/E and anti-irritants, etc). I like that it has a slight tint (not much, though, just enough so that it doesn't have a whitish cast), and it functions as a 'foundation' for me except on days when my skin is very upset (I have rosacea, so it can go from great to not so great rather quickly if I don't treat it right). Matches my pale, pale skin very nicely. Unfortunately, I am finding that I can't really use physical sunscreens that utilize titanium dioxide in an SPF higher than 15. I had the same trouble with mineral make-up: too much titanium dioxide. As the day wears on, it makes my face start to itch and sting, especially in areas where I sweat. Unfortunately, it seems that I will have to try the SPF 15 version. I will continue to use this up on my neck/chest. However, I would still highly recommend this to people who are looking for a purely physical sunblock that have normal to dry skin, as my face is way too testy for most people to use as a basis for comparison.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2006 1:51:00 PM More reviews by plummiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for several years now and I even used it regulary as my foundation. I've since moved on to a Prescriptives foundation since I need more coverage. Super City Block 25 is very sheer with a very light tint that blends easily into my PPP complexion. Unfortunately, this sunblock leaves my skin looking greasy. Overall, a nice, sheer sunblock that may be better suited for drier skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Unadorable

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While this may seem a bit oily at first, it blends easily and is very moisturizing. It doesn't provide much colour/coverage; but I don't need much anyway. It can start to feel a bit greasy during the day, especially in Summer, but a sweep of light face powder takes care of that. It doesn't have an unpleasant smell (a plus!) and you get a reasonable amount in the green and silver tube. I will continu to buy this until I can find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2006 12:57:00 PM More reviews by jojo4000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

break me out so bad, made my face ichy and then give me zits,colour too dark for my fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2006 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sadlovepoet

This came in a green tube with a silver-colored cap. The product has a slight pinkish tint, and is a bit oily once applied. It goes on smoothly, and gives sheer coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by mm2015

I'm actually liking this a bit more than DHC SPF 25 which I've used for years. The Clinique seems to spread better and isn't quite so hard to remove. It is also less drying on my skin. I did try the 40 SPF version (which is thinner) and I can't use this all over...I think the chemical filters in the 40 SPF reacts with my skin. However, I do use the 40 SPF around my eyes. I don't get breakouts or reactions with the SPF 25 in the winter but I do break out a little from it during the summer. Not bad zits, just little zitlets. Update: Stopped using this...got a pretty bad breakout from it when the weather was hot and humid.