September 19, 2014 | 1871 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 6:14:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

I really like this facial sunscreen. It has a very light feel, is easy to remove, isn't drying (as many can be), and contains some very beneficial ingredients (vitamins C/E and anti-irritants, etc). I like that it has a slight tint (not much, though, just enough so that it doesn't have a whitish cast), and it functions as a 'foundation' for me except on days when my skin is very upset (I have rosacea, so it can go from great to not so great rather quickly if I don't treat it right). Matches my pale, pale skin very nicely. Unfortunately, I am finding that I can't really use physical sunscreens that utilize titanium dioxide in an SPF higher than 15. I had the same trouble with mineral make-up: too much titanium dioxide. As the day wears on, it makes my face start to itch and sting, especially in areas where I sweat. Unfortunately, it seems that I will have to try the SPF 15 version. I will continue to use this up on my neck/chest. However, I would still highly recommend this to people who are looking for a purely physical sunblock that have normal to dry skin, as my face is way too testy for most people to use as a basis for comparison.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2006 1:51:00 PM More reviews by plummiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for several years now and I even used it regulary as my foundation. I've since moved on to a Prescriptives foundation since I need more coverage. Super City Block 25 is very sheer with a very light tint that blends easily into my PPP complexion. Unfortunately, this sunblock leaves my skin looking greasy. Overall, a nice, sheer sunblock that may be better suited for drier skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Unadorable

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While this may seem a bit oily at first, it blends easily and is very moisturizing. It doesn't provide much colour/coverage; but I don't need much anyway. It can start to feel a bit greasy during the day, especially in Summer, but a sweep of light face powder takes care of that. It doesn't have an unpleasant smell (a plus!) and you get a reasonable amount in the green and silver tube. I will continu to buy this until I can find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2006 12:57:00 PM More reviews by jojo4000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

break me out so bad, made my face ichy and then give me zits,colour too dark for my fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2006 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sadlovepoet

This came in a green tube with a silver-colored cap. The product has a slight pinkish tint, and is a bit oily once applied. It goes on smoothly, and gives sheer coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by mm2015

I'm actually liking this a bit more than DHC SPF 25 which I've used for years. The Clinique seems to spread better and isn't quite so hard to remove. It is also less drying on my skin. I did try the 40 SPF version (which is thinner) and I can't use this all over...I think the chemical filters in the 40 SPF reacts with my skin. However, I do use the 40 SPF around my eyes. I don't get breakouts or reactions with the SPF 25 in the winter but I do break out a little from it during the summer. Not bad zits, just little zitlets. Update: Stopped using this...got a pretty bad breakout from it when the weather was hot and humid.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2006 4:18:00 AM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this suncreeen on and off for a few years. This sunscreen is non greasy and non irritating to my skin. However, I still get tanned when wearing this sunscreen on my face and I need to reapply often. About 2-3 times per day in the summer to get sufficient coverage otherwise I burn. So far Canadian and European sunscreens have worked better for me in terms of slowing tanning and keeping me burn free. Clinique Super City Blocker an ok sunscreen, something is better than nothing. I usually buy this around GWP time, and would reach for this sunscreen on cloudy days or in the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2006 5:21:00 AM More reviews by pocari

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used City Block spf 15 for a few years and decided to buy this one as I was moving to a sunnier climate. Although I was applying a generous amount on a daily basis, I noticed that I was starting to tan anyway. After reading the sunscreen FAQ and sunscreens notepads (thanks MUAers!!), turns out that titanium dioxide (the only active ingredient in SCB) does NOT provide effective protection against UVA. The best ones are Meroxyl and Tinosorb, not available in the US. So I am now on the hunt for a good Euro high PPD sunscreen. Itīs too bad as the tint helped to cover the redness in my skin and also stayed matte all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2006 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Krisbee1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes my skin oily and it feels heavy and greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2006 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I waited a week to write a review on this product to make sure that I wouldn't have an allergic reaction to it and also to make sure I didn't break out from it. so far so good. I'm very impressed with this product and I am so glad I researched this product on MUA because I would not have known about it otherwise. This product is a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) SPF 25 that goes on sheer and can also be used as a foundation primer. I wanted to get this in the bronze color, however I went to 2 Marshall Fields and they were sold out so I had to get the lighter version instead. On my DDD skin this shows up very light beige (I almost look like a ghost), but it goes away in a few seconds. This product hides my pores and helps my MU apply evenly. I am even able to use my Revlon Skinlights illuminator over it as I usually do without any problems. It's well worth the $16.50 I paid for it. I will definately repurchase this.