BeneFit Cosmetics Brow-Zing in Dark

on 6/26/2010 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product after the beautician took too much off my eyebrows and I had a fancy dinner to go to. I wondered by a Benefit counter and came across this product. That was 6 years ago and I had the same one till only recently as I dropped it. I swear that this product lasts for what seems an eternity! It is highly pigmented so you don't need much. I use a Smashbox angled brow brush and loved it. Make sure you tap off the excess powder otherwise you can super dark eyebrows. It's not the look I was always after but will probably be great if that's what you like. I didn't find the brushes that came with it very helpful. I also would use the powder BEFORE the wax otherwise you end up with super dooper dark eyebrows - yet again!

on 4/24/2010 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using BrowZings for a number of years now. When I first began using it, I was thrilled with it; it was definitely my HG brow product. My brows are sparse and pale (although my hair is dark brown), and over the years I've tried just about everything--pencils, powders, you name it. Pencils never worked for me because no matter how softly I tried to use them, the resulting lines looked harsh and fake. Powders didn't stick. So when I discovered this wax-based product, I thought it was genius. The wax is easy to work with. It gives you natural-looking brows, and if you apply too much, it's easy to wipe off. (And no, it doesn't melt in the heat.)

I still like the wax, but a number of years ago BeneFit changed what they put into the compact. Originally it was a single pan of wax; now it is two pans, one of wax and one of powder. I don't understand how you're supposed to use the two of them together (if that is the idea), since either one gives you fully pigmented makeup. I suspect that they changed it because the wax-only compact lasted so long! At any rate, the powder they provide in the Dark compact is too dark for me, and if I apply too much it is difficult to remove without taking off other makeup too (foundation, eyeshadow). That is why I'm giving this product only 4 lippies.

One final thing: the compact comes with two tiny brushes and an equally tiny pair of tweezers that are useless for everyday wear but come in handy when you're traveling. Don't let an SA talk you into buying the expensive, full-sized brush BeneFit sells separately for this; I used it for a while and it broke. Since then I've been using Sephora's #10 angled brow brush, which is excellent and reasonably priced.

on 4/19/2010 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use this when I go out to night clubs for drama effect as I'm quite fair but the dark wax is great once I got the hang of it.The powder I still can't figure out. My wife uses it more than I do, taking it with her everywhere between dying her brows.

Meh. I have a 3 light brown, soft eyebrow pen I use more. I really do like the wax though. But I will try and find wax in a cheaper product line! 23 is Waaaaaay too much imo for my peasely little eyebrows. I'd have given it 3 lippies if it weren't for the price.

on 4/6/2010 10:33:00 PM

I'm obsessed with brows and brow products in general, and can't explain why I am just getting around to trying this product now, after having tried everything else on the market.

I love it. I mean, I seriously love this product. The tinted wax is genius. So many other reviewers complained about it leaving their brows greasy or shiny, and all I can think is that they used WAY too much product. I gently swipe the angled brush across the top of the tinted wax once for each brow, and I get a perfectly colored and shaped brow with a very natural look. I detest powdery brows, or the look of poorly-blended pencil (think no one can tell? I can, always!), so the subtlety of this tinted wax is perfection. There's no shiny, or greasy globs of product, just naturally sleek brows without that weird, unattractive matte/powdery look so many other products create.

Take it from someone who has tried EVERY brow product on the market -- the tinted wax portion of BrowZings is all you need, day or night, work or clubbing, for a perfectly sleek, gorgeously natural-but-better, face-framing eyebrow.

on 3/30/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first ever product for brows and I keep coming back to it. I have tried pencils, and other "brow kits" from other MU lines, but this one just seems to give me the results I like!

I will say that when you first start using this, it takes a while to learn how to use the wax and the powder. If you use too much, your eyebrows look fake. Not enough, and it looks like you didnt do anything to your brows. And blending is the key to making this product work!

The little brushes that come with the packaging are so NOT HELPFUL! I suggest investing in a bigger angle brush for the wax and a blending brush for the powder.

Another little helpful hint- if you can find them, I would get some clean, new individual mascara wands and you can use them to blend the wax/powder on your brows. It disperses the product more evenly and it definitely looks more natural.

on 3/6/2010 10:35:00 AM

I do really like this product... although it does not match my dark asian eyebrows completely but it does blend well together with it plus it lasts very long and does not fade when its hot!!!
the tweezer in there is completely useless but the brushes are cute and it does kinda work but i prefer to use a proper brow brush.

Overall it works well for me..

The gel or was part of this product is very light and gives a very hinted pigment and the powder part defines the brow...

I like to combination of the two.

on 2/20/2010 11:17:00 AM

I'm satisfied with this product

I like that it comes with two brushes and a tweezer

I usually use a separate angled brow brush for this

on 2/12/2010 5:32:00 PM

Was so excited getting this product!

Pro's -
The colour of the shadow darkened the eyebrow well.
The pigment wax was nice.

Con's -
The shadow breaks easily and destroys the compact.
The brushes and tweezers that come with the compact are very bad quality and pointless/
Very expensive at 33 euro (from Ireland)

Will not be buying this again...will try the MAC spiked eye pencil next.

**UPDATE**
knocking off another lippie, the rest of the shadow has broken even though I was very careful with....and the compact is a abit hard to open, you had to dig your fingernails in the groove to open ie chipping your nailvarnish, very annoying.

on 2/12/2010 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Love it! This product will last a long time, for this reason the price (not cheap) is reasonable. This is good for people with sparse eyebrows, to fill them and and make them look shaped and perfect. I actually have full eyebrows, but I still keep this around just in case. Can also be used to define the arch better. I gave this four lipstick-things instead of five only because, though it is not hard to apply, it is hard to apply WELL. Takes a bit of practice- make sure if you buy it, you get a salesperson show you how to use it, first. Also make sure to brush your eyebrows after putting it on, to make sure it's evenly distributed.

Also: the "dark" shade is much better than the medium.. I had been using the medium for a while, but is really quite red.. unless you have red hair/eyerows, this probably wont work for you. (Unless of course, you have light hair/eyebrows, in which case you should go for the "light" one.)

This stuff is awesome and lasts a very long time! It's not really anything super special but the pigment is great and long wearing. I even bought one for my best friend.

Popular Brows Products