Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA

on 2/9/2011 7:54:00 PM

As many have said, this caused me to have more blemishes. The beads inside are so small that I feel they might get caught in my tiny pores. This didn't give me breakouts or acne, but my face did not feel smoother with less acne or blackheads. I have relatively good skin: a few blackheads on my nose and oily forhead and nose.. This made me have many whiteheads!!
As for skin brightening, this just has sparse reflective shimmers giving that the name.. no quiero
Take it or leave it:)

on 1/15/2011 5:24:00 AM

this is a really good everyday scrub. it's so gentle that u can use everyday (well at least for my skin). my skin is quite sensitive and gets irritated easily but this scrub doesnt break me out. i've been using it for 4 months now and it does the job and keeps my face glowy after cleansing.

i had been using this for 2 months or so then i stopped and rotated to another scrub (clean and clear exfoliating scrub) which broke me out. after letting my skin recover, i decided to go back to my aveeno scrub again and this time the result was stunning - my face was glowing! i think when i was using it regularly i didnt notice that glow because i got so used to seeing it. but once i stopped my face looked a bit dull and when i went back to it the result was obvious that it brightens and smooths my face.

the downside is that it is drying. i have dry/combo skin in winter and it's a bit too dry for me, but i just put my moisturizer afterwards and that solves everything :)

on 1/5/2011 1:08:00 PM

EDIT: After a year, I decided to try this product again. I blame my previous experience on a bad lot of product or the fact that I was pregnant and my body chemistry caused the product to create an adverse effect on my skin. After using this product, I noticed dramatic changes in my skin tone. It was brighter and even some of the acne scars started to fade away. My skin felt clean too.

I bought this product after reading a review in a magazine. The noted effects of the product made trying it tempting. It caused me to break out in a rash all over my face, as well as a chemical burn in the cheekbone area underneath my eyes. I'm not sure what is in this product that caused this, but I returned the scrub and got a refund. I was shocked because I have never had an adverse effect to an Aveeno product before.

on 1/2/2011 6:56:00 PM

I read reviews on how great Aveenos Skin Brightening range was so I was disappointed to discover how this did absolutely nothing for my skin but dry it out. I'm a normal/combo. No brightening effect. No evening of my complexion. Nada.

on 11/7/2010 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I find this a tad too drying for my skin, though it definitely does brighten my skin. I would not use this every day, though every once in a while doesn't hurt.

on 11/1/2010 2:30:00 PM

I use this 2-3 times a week as part of my skincare regimen. i think it's a really nice scrub at such a low price. Aveeno products are really worth it.

on 10/7/2010 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to try a scrub that was gentle to use a few times a week for my oily skin. Tried this for a few weeks and hated it. My skin was red and irritated and the smell is horrible. There are alot of products that are using this sickening fruity (which fruit I have no clue) smell. It makes me want to gag. I just don't know why they would use a fragrance at all in a skin care. Never buying again, wouldn't even pass this on to someone else. It's going in the trash.

on 9/17/2010 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked this up on a whim, to try out the Aveeno brand. I have been using this for months now, every morning, and LOVE it! I have normal-combination skin, and don't need a harsh scrub every day. This one is perfect - gentle, no harsh chemicals, and the beads are very small and hardly "scrubby". It is perfect for me in the morning, when I don't need to use a harsh cleanser. I use this and then my Clinique moisturizer with SPF. My skin has never looked better!

I also exfoliate (via a mask) twice a week. This has my skin nicely balanced out and fresh-looking. If you are looking for more exfoliation every day, I don't recommend this. I would NOT reach for this when I feel my skin needs a good exfoliation.

As for the "brightening" part of this product, I can't say I have seen much of a difference, specifically related to this product. I use lots of prosuct and makeup every day, so it's difficult to say if this made a difference in "brightness".

If you have acne-prone skin, buy this. This will gently keep your skin freshly scrubbed. I will be repurchasing this! Also, the packaging is great - I noticed right at first the good quality plastic cap. It has a very small opening for dispensing product, which is useful since you don't need to much, and it keeps the cap very nice and clean.

on 9/14/2010 9:59:00 AM

This is a really nice, gentle scrub which is what is good for your skin. A lot of people who use St. Ives and other more grainy scrubs may not think it does as good of a job, but it does - the grains are just smaller and fewer. Cleanses my skin really well too, and smells great. I use it a couple times a week as part of my morning skincare routine as it makes my skin look brighter and healthier.

on 9/14/2010 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I try it at my momma's house... first time liked it, few uses after my skin was reddish. I guess my skin is too sensitive for this product... Still this product it's not that bad thought

Popular Scrubs