October 30, 2014 | 1581 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jlai08

I use this 2-3 times a week as part of my skincare regimen. i think it's a really nice scrub at such a low price. Aveeno products are really worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a scrub that was gentle to use a few times a week for my oily skin. Tried this for a few weeks and hated it. My skin was red and irritated and the smell is horrible. There are alot of products that are using this sickening fruity (which fruit I have no clue) smell. It makes me want to gag. I just don't know why they would use a fragrance at all in a skin care. Never buying again, wouldn't even pass this on to someone else. It's going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by bmh5012

I picked this up on a whim, to try out the Aveeno brand. I have been using this for months now, every morning, and LOVE it! I have normal-combination skin, and don't need a harsh scrub every day. This one is perfect - gentle, no harsh chemicals, and the beads are very small and hardly "scrubby". It is perfect for me in the morning, when I don't need to use a harsh cleanser. I use this and then my Clinique moisturizer with SPF. My skin has never looked better!

I also exfoliate (via a mask) twice a week. This has my skin nicely balanced out and fresh-looking. If you are looking for more exfoliation every day, I don't recommend this. I would NOT reach for this when I feel my skin needs a good exfoliation.

As for the "brightening" part of this product, I can't say I have seen much of a difference, specifically related to this product. I use lots of prosuct and makeup every day, so it's difficult to say if this made a difference in "brightness".

If you have acne-prone skin, buy this. This will gently keep your skin freshly scrubbed. I will be repurchasing this! Also, the packaging is great - I noticed right at first the good quality plastic cap. It has a very small opening for dispensing product, which is useful since you don't need to much, and it keeps the cap very nice and clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by ashton

This is a really nice, gentle scrub which is what is good for your skin. A lot of people who use St. Ives and other more grainy scrubs may not think it does as good of a job, but it does - the grains are just smaller and fewer. Cleanses my skin really well too, and smells great. I use it a couple times a week as part of my morning skincare routine as it makes my skin look brighter and healthier.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by babymia647

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I try it at my momma's house... first time liked it, few uses after my skin was reddish. I guess my skin is too sensitive for this product... Still this product it's not that bad thought

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by anthony1891

OKay so lets start with the packaging. This has a very easy to use package. You can see through it to see how much your using and it is easy to squeeze out. The smell is very soft fragrance of plants and very earthy smell. I love it. It is also very very gentle. It did a great job leaving my skin clean and glowy. I did see a reduction in my scar on my face but it took over a couple of months to see any change. I personally think this is the best scrub I have ever used on my face super gentle and made my skin soft and it left me feeling like I used a mask to tighten my skin which I love. It doesnt break me out either. But I dont really have zits anyway. I am gonna keep buying this product and I have been for 5 months. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by shindee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I swear to you, I'm not exaggerating. This stuff is what miracles are made of!

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit... but it has done WONDERS for my skin. 3 weeks ago, I began a new skin routine with this in the morning along with Neutrogena's Alcohol Free Toner. Soon I begin to notice in the mirror that my skin was GLOWING! I had no idea what it meant for skin to glow until now! My skin is bright, even, and glowing.

I want to stop wearing make up altogether because I want to show off how good my skin looks without foundation--THAT'S how well this product worked on me. Too bad I still need it for the undereye circles :) Regardless, I will repurchase this over and over. Buy it, you really will see results!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by DKelly10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used a whole bottle of this and it took me nearly a year, but it has done absolutely NOTHING for my skin. Nothing. At first I thought I really liked it, because I thought my face had a slight glow- then I started getting bad acne just like I used to. But I continued to use this because I had high hopes. I have very oily skin and some light acne scarring, and this does nothing for evening out skin tone. It was a ridiculous purchase for me and I'll never make the mistake of buying anything Aveeno for my face. I'll just stick with the bodywash.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by lseungheel

Aveeno is supposedly very natural, but this wash totally dried out my skin after every single wash which caused red blemishes to appear on my face. It smells great, but my skin felt like it was going to crack if I even tried to smile or talk. Won't be buying this every again. However, their night cream is pretty consistent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by PaperAlias

St. Ives' apricot scrubs have been my HG for years. But after getting on some more intensive prescription acne medications, I've decided that I need to find a much gentler scrub for my routine. The crushed peach pit shells in my St. Ives scrub was getting a little too harsh for me. I've read from a couple of people that they may be so abrasive that they could actually tear skin tissue. Yikes!

I picked one of these up a couple of years ago. I used it for no more than a couple of weeks before going back to St. Ives. I didn't get the same "satisfaction" scrubbing I got with the harsher St. Ives scrub. I guess in my mind, I thought a rougher scrub would mean cleaner, better skin. But that wasn't the case.

I recently went back to the Aveeno scrub because I remembered how gentle it was, and a gentle scrub is what I really needed.

The micro-beads in this are VERY fine, compared to St. Ives, but if I work it into my skin gently for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, I notice that my face does feel softer and more polished, without the redness that the St. Ives sometimes left behind.

I got this for just under $8 at a grocery store. Not too expensive at all.

I didn't notice any particular smell, but then again, I'm not sensitive to fragrance. It just smelled... clean.

I like the packaging. Similar to the St. Ives tubes that sit on their caps so you always get product out immediately when you open it.

This does not have any acne medication in it. Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laurethsulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, Peg-16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Carbomer, Phenoxythanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium Edta.

So if you're looking for a scrubbing cleanser to heal acne, this isn't going to be it. However, this scrub didn't cause breakouts to pop up either.

I do have some very light hyperpigmentation from old acne. This scrub claims to even skin tone and texture. I don't think I've used it long enough to say whether or not I think it really does, but I will keep you updated within the next several weeks.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this scrub and would repurchase.