Neostrata Self Tan

4.4

Aqua, Dihydroxyacetone, Carpylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTa, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Popylparaben, Fragrance, Yellow 6, Red 40, Blue 1

on 5/11/2007 7:56:00 AM

Love this product!! It's made by Neostrata Canada which is a different company than the one we can buy here in the US. This is one of the few that doesn't turn me orange. It also dries fast and isn't at all streaky - what more can I ask for? Must visit the Canadian relatives and pick up some more soon!

on 4/28/2007 5:32:00 AM

hello I would really love to get this product but I don't know where to buy it through just mail order/postal giro or something cause I own no creditcard and I live in Sweden. Someone who could help me with this? Mail me becccs@gmail.com

on 4/25/2007 11:37:00 PM

Holy moly! I've found my HG of self tanners. I've tried everything on the market, and all price points. I was using Savage Bronze's self tanner from Sally Beauty supply, but this Neostrata kicks a**. I ordered it from Canada, which seems to be the only place it's available. I got both the natural and the dark formulation but have only tried the natural one so far. I don't have any, ANY complaints at all with this product! It's a self tanner and bronzer in one so you can even apply it in the daytime. It came out looking like Hershey's chocolate syrup and applied easily with my latex gloves. It has a somewhat pleasant smell as well, kind of almondy and the best part was, no self tanner smell!
A couple of hours later, I had a really nice, natural looking tan and it's still on even after showering. I scrub my body almost every day and this tan is 3 days strong! Amazing! If you've got pasty pale skin and are a sun-a-phobe like me, run out and get this!!!!

on 4/24/2007 5:52:00 PM

This is the best self-tanner I have ever used. I have used almost everything on the market. I read all the info on Make-up Alley and thought I would give it a try. You have to order from Canada. The self-tanner isn't expensive $21.98 but the shipping was $7.00. It goes on easy but you need to wear latex gloves. A little goes a long way. The color is beautiful and the smell isn't bad. Thank you Make-up Alley for all the good information on Neostrata 2 in 1 Sunsation. I got it in DARK like I said a little goes a long way.

I have more information for you. If you go to customerservice@getcandiandrugs.com and tell them you have a price match from pharmacy.com at 21.99. They will match it and you can order as many as you want for one shipping cost at 6.99. I hope this helps. I don't know what the shipping is at pharmacy.com.

on 4/23/2007 3:02:00 PM

I purchased the NeoStrata 2 in 1 Sunsation instant tan in Medium based on the MUA reviews. I was VERY pleased with the results. It does have a very slight self-tanner smell, but really it was hardly noticeable and nothing compared to other self-tanners I've used.

I used this product for a wedding and I did 3 applications within one week. I used plastic gloves (tight fitting non-latex) to apply the cream. The bronzer in it is quite dark and allows you to see exactly where it's going. No streaking, no mess. Granted, some of it washes off when you shower, but after the 3 applications I have a completely natural looking tan...it gave me the same colour that I get from a real tan, but without the harmful UV rays!!

My husband applied it on my back and even he did a good job. How about that.

I purchased at Shopper's Drug Mart for $24.50. (The 'Dark' was on sale for $19.50 I believe). I will definitely keep using this throughout the summer and highly recommend to others.

The best self tanner I've ever used. Gives a really natural colour without streaks and has great staying power. Definitely deserves 5 lippies ++. Like every other ST out there, however, it does really stink, so be warned. I put mine on before bed and shower the smell off in the morning. Also, it really stains your hands but there is a solution for that other than gloves. Once you finish applying, wash your hands with a squirt of toothpaste and that will completely remove the brown from your hands, trust me.

on 2/16/2007 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Thank you to Sugar Spise for providing the correct website to purchase this product (which is called Sunsation 2 in 1)! I LOVE IT!!! I was tired of having to apply the combo lotion/tanners like Jergen's, Hawaiian Tropic, Olay EVERY NIGHT and not getting much results. This is the best! No streaks, not that smelly, lasts longer and gives better, deeper color than those other products. It was $27 USD with shipping, which I think is a steal for the quality of the product (if you consider that I was using at least one tube of lotion/tanner every week and I only have to apply this twice a week). I got the Natural Medium but I might switch to the Deep Dark during the summer. Very, very pleased!

on 1/31/2007 4:53:00 PM

I have tried many - this one is the best. A thin layer does the job, and no streaks. What really gets me is that it does not visibly slough off in little patches leaving that flaky brown effect at wrists and ankles when it fades. It fades away so gradually, just like an actual suntan. EDIT - The one I used was the almondy cream (sunsation insta-tan) in a tube that retails for around $24 CDN - I used the Deep Dark one with excellent results on my medium skin.

on 10/5/2006 10:12:00 PM

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SELF TANNER! I am talking about the Neostrata 2 in 1 self tanner.I am proud to be Canadian because I have no trouble finding it, my shoppers drug mart has it right up the hill. I have tried sooo many self tanners, but this is the best. It actually makes me brown. And I bought the face version, and I usually also have a problem finding self tanners that will actaully tan my face, stay after during exfoliation etc. and this one does all that. I will never go to a tanning bed ever again if I have this stuff. Gloves are a must though. I use this twice a week, and every other day I use dove energy glow, and I haven't gotten that lizard skin yet. It isn't really that expensive $24 cdn for the body stuff and $20 for face stuff, It usually lasts me 3 months. Try it, it is worth every penny I swear

on 8/27/2006 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

There are TWO Neostrata tanners. The one that Ulta is carrying presently is NOT the one everyone is raving about here. This one is a mousse that smells HORRIBLE, and does NOTHING. I was so excited when i found it at ULTA, only to realize it is the wrong one. It was the absolute worst self-tanner I've ever used.

The salesgirl did tell me that they are getting the GOOD Neostrata tanner in sometime this week.

Video Reviews & Tutorials