OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love OPI top coat and when my first bottle turned stringy (tiny amount left in bottle after 9 months use) I decided to try Essie Good To Go instead because of the whole formaldehyde thing (i'm big on going with reviews) - big mistake. I had no problem with OPI Top Coat, my polish (only tried with OPI and Barry M) stayed on for a week no problem. Very shiny, consistency not too thin nor too thick, smooth application, no shrinking or denting (the complete opposite of Essie!). Am now going back to OPI, can't believe the negative reviews of it. I'd definately recommend it. Obviously it isn't a fast drying top coat but it does dry (a while after doing my nails - when i think theyre dry - i run them under the cold tap and dry gently, don't know if it helps but i can then do normal tasks and don't have problems) and i'd rather wait the time than have tips shrunken up!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am quite surprised at the negative reviews. I love this top coat, and have just bought a second one. It is a bit expensive (as all OPI products are in AUS), but it is my favourite top coat.
It doesn't chip, peel or dent for me. I do one coat over colour and it makes my nails very shiny and glossy. I usually refresh my nails with another coat of top coat at about day 3-4 and my whole manicure can last a week.
Besides the lovely shine, my favourite thing about it is the wide brush. It only takes 2 strokes to cover my nail, so it is really quick to apply (which is what I want when doing something as boring as a top coat).

This is the only OPI product I've ever tried that I thought was worth the expensive price (usually 8 dollars) because I've tried many top coats NYC, Sally Hanson, Wet and Wild of lesser quality and while those did nothing to prolong my color this one did, it helped with chipping and made my manicure last longer.

Note: I just red all the other reviews, I'm really surprised this topcoat is always completely dry in 3 min, I've never had any denting or sliding so I'm not sure what's going on. All I can say is so far I disagree. I mean this is what they always use in salons, shouldn't it be one of the best?

OPI downfall!!!!! it become very sticky after few uses.And it takes forever to dry out. But what makes me rate it one star is the lid stuck tightly like superglue on the bottle after 1/3 were used and it can't be opened by bare hands! Every time I want to use it afterward I have to soak it in boiling water to open it. And believe me, I tried to remove any top coat on the lid and the neck, but it still stuck. I eventually throw it away

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the worst top coat i have ever used. I love OPI polishes but this just sucks big time. This first time i used it it was good but after that it just went downhill from there. Mine got gloopy and clumpy and it takes forever and a day for it to dry and it always ruins my polish. I had half a bottle left and had to throw it out because it wouldnt go on smooth anymore and it was just so unmanagble. It really is a waste of money.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love OPI in general for polishes and base coats/treatments ... but OPI's top coat suckssss big time!

My staple "brands" for polishes are OPI, Essie, China Glaze, Chanel, etc ... all of which wear exceptionally well for me. However I recently had a professional manicure done at a salon that used the OPI Top Coat on me (my staple is Seche Vite) and literally within 6 hours, I had a chip in my manicure (which was an OPI polish). That has never happened with my SV, Poshe or Barielle top coats. ONLY with OPI's. Needless to say, it left me far less than impressed and the one or two other times I've tried OPI's top coat, the same thing has happened. While I love OPI polishes, their top coat leaves a lot to be desired. Not one I will ever purchase, I'll stick with my beloved SV. continued >>

Definetely not one of OPI's better products. It takes FOREVER to dry, and a lot of times you'll think it's dry when it's not, start using your hands and it will chip. It takes HOURS. I don't reccomend it at all, you're much better off using Seche Vite or some other dry fast top coat. I use it on my toenails sometimes, when im just lazing around the house and won't be wearing shoes.

I've use this plenty of times, sometime with nail polish, other times without. I've waited a long while, and it always ends up peeling off!!! If I bump my finger nail along something, it chips..but it's not even like dry chipping, it's just a rubber feel chipping!! And it's so sticky when you are putting it on!! awful!!

Not quite understanding where the majority of the people who've posted bad reviews are coming from. I'm on my third bottle of this stuff and, unlike a lot of previous top coats I've tried, it dries really fast (my nails, with 2 coats of polish + top coat, dried within 30 minutes), no dents, no chipping or peeling, and I've never had the trouble of any color bleeding or polish sliding.

Literally every problem that's been posted I've never had a problem with. I will definitely continue using this product in the future!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Do not buy this! I thought it would help my nails last longer but it ended up just destroying all my hard work. I waited over 24 hours to put on the top coat after I painted my nails, and it still messed everything up. Literally it moves around the nail polish around on my nails, it makes me nails rough and not smooth too. Also it didn't help my nail polish stay on at all, the nail chipping on my right hand was horrible! As people have mentioned before me the topcoat would cause little bubbles on my nails. Just don't even try this.

Top Rated OPI Products