OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

on 10/19/2011 12:19:00 PM

Definetely not one of OPI's better products. It takes FOREVER to dry, and a lot of times you'll think it's dry when it's not, start using your hands and it will chip. It takes HOURS. I don't reccomend it at all, you're much better off using Seche Vite or some other dry fast top coat. I use it on my toenails sometimes, when im just lazing around the house and won't be wearing shoes.

on 10/13/2011 7:14:00 PM

I've use this plenty of times, sometime with nail polish, other times without. I've waited a long while, and it always ends up peeling off!!! If I bump my finger nail along something, it chips..but it's not even like dry chipping, it's just a rubber feel chipping!! And it's so sticky when you are putting it on!! awful!!

on 10/7/2011 12:16:00 AM

Not quite understanding where the majority of the people who've posted bad reviews are coming from. I'm on my third bottle of this stuff and, unlike a lot of previous top coats I've tried, it dries really fast (my nails, with 2 coats of polish + top coat, dried within 30 minutes), no dents, no chipping or peeling, and I've never had the trouble of any color bleeding or polish sliding.

Literally every problem that's been posted I've never had a problem with. I will definitely continue using this product in the future!

on 10/1/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Do not buy this! I thought it would help my nails last longer but it ended up just destroying all my hard work. I waited over 24 hours to put on the top coat after I painted my nails, and it still messed everything up. Literally it moves around the nail polish around on my nails, it makes me nails rough and not smooth too. Also it didn't help my nail polish stay on at all, the nail chipping on my right hand was horrible! As people have mentioned before me the topcoat would cause little bubbles on my nails. Just don't even try this.

on 10/1/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

THE WORST!!! It bubbles no matter how long you wait to apply it over polish, including overnight drying time, loses its' luster within hours due to who knows what, takes FOREVER to dry as in even a day later it is possible to still ding it up if you manage to bump just the wrong thing, smudges darker polish colors with drag marks....would never buy it again nor recommend to a friend.

on 9/27/2011 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I'm on my 2nd bottle & this is the best top coat out there! Although ; when it's not used with OPI colors it tends to get bubbles .....

on 9/11/2011 4:56:00 PM

I'm not surprised to see these bad reviews... I hate this top coat BUT for a different reason. Am I the only one who finds that this top coat makes my actual nail polish bleed and stain the brush?? I used a Revlon polish and an Essie polish, and both times (after a whole day of drying) the top coat would pick up the color onto the brush! So annoying! I'm very disappointed and upset... I much prefer my Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Clear Violet top coat.

on 9/2/2011 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love OPI polishes, so I thought I'd give the top coat a try. I don't really like it. Although it does makes my nails glossy, it takes a really long time to dry! If you're willing to wait awhile for your nails to dry, then this top coat is okay. If you're impatient like me, then I don't think you should get this. For now, I'm just going to stick to my SV top coat.

on 8/26/2011 11:21:00 PM

Best ever!!! This was in a present and it works much better than all the top coats i have used. It can stay on for over a week, and is super hard (no chip). I really recommend this top coat. OPI is the best!!!!

on 8/25/2011 1:50:00 AM

Never completely dries which is really frustrating. I'll see marks and dents in the polish within hours of applying it. Wouldn't say it's as thick and gunky as other reviewers are making it out to be, but it definitely does not go on smoothly and consistently. Not that shiny, which is something I need in a top coat, and almost always leaves small bubbles. The only good thing I can say about it is that it doesn't peel or chip too quickly and will make your manicure last longer.

If you're good at doing nails and applying polish like me, you can somehow get around its problems and make it work, but no matter how skilled you are you can't change the fact that it never completely dries! For that reason alone you'll never get a great finish with this top coat and I would not recommend it.

Top Rated OPI Products