OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

on 10/1/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Do not buy this! I thought it would help my nails last longer but it ended up just destroying all my hard work. I waited over 24 hours to put on the top coat after I painted my nails, and it still messed everything up. Literally it moves around the nail polish around on my nails, it makes me nails rough and not smooth too. Also it didn't help my nail polish stay on at all, the nail chipping on my right hand was horrible! As people have mentioned before me the topcoat would cause little bubbles on my nails. Just don't even try this.

on 10/1/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

THE WORST!!! It bubbles no matter how long you wait to apply it over polish, including overnight drying time, loses its' luster within hours due to who knows what, takes FOREVER to dry as in even a day later it is possible to still ding it up if you manage to bump just the wrong thing, smudges darker polish colors with drag marks....would never buy it again nor recommend to a friend.

on 9/27/2011 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I'm on my 2nd bottle & this is the best top coat out there! Although ; when it's not used with OPI colors it tends to get bubbles .....

on 9/11/2011 4:56:00 PM

I'm not surprised to see these bad reviews... I hate this top coat BUT for a different reason. Am I the only one who finds that this top coat makes my actual nail polish bleed and stain the brush?? I used a Revlon polish and an Essie polish, and both times (after a whole day of drying) the top coat would pick up the color onto the brush! So annoying! I'm very disappointed and upset... I much prefer my Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Clear Violet top coat.

on 9/2/2011 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love OPI polishes, so I thought I'd give the top coat a try. I don't really like it. Although it does makes my nails glossy, it takes a really long time to dry! If you're willing to wait awhile for your nails to dry, then this top coat is okay. If you're impatient like me, then I don't think you should get this. For now, I'm just going to stick to my SV top coat.

on 8/26/2011 11:21:00 PM

Best ever!!! This was in a present and it works much better than all the top coats i have used. It can stay on for over a week, and is super hard (no chip). I really recommend this top coat. OPI is the best!!!!

on 8/25/2011 1:50:00 AM

Never completely dries which is really frustrating. I'll see marks and dents in the polish within hours of applying it. Wouldn't say it's as thick and gunky as other reviewers are making it out to be, but it definitely does not go on smoothly and consistently. Not that shiny, which is something I need in a top coat, and almost always leaves small bubbles. The only good thing I can say about it is that it doesn't peel or chip too quickly and will make your manicure last longer.

If you're good at doing nails and applying polish like me, you can somehow get around its problems and make it work, but no matter how skilled you are you can't change the fact that it never completely dries! For that reason alone you'll never get a great finish with this top coat and I would not recommend it.

on 8/15/2011 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In a word: arrrgh!! The consistency is too thick and gluey, and it starts to dry and gum up as you're trying to put it on. Of course, ironically, after you've finished, then it WON'T dry. Unless you're a fan of the sheet mark look, I don't recommend it. I'm a big fan of OPI, so this was a major let-down, especially considering the price.

on 8/10/2011 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why this top coat is not getting very good reviews. I absolutely love it. It gives my nail nice seal and dries extremely fast. Will definitely buy again,

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Such a source of frustration for me. I thought OPI would have an out-of-this-world quality top coat but it is like trying to paint on old honey. The consistency is really thick which slows down the drying process and it almost ALWAYS leaves bubbles which annoys me to no end. I've tried so many different techniques to avoid the bubbles but it can't be avoided. The finish isn't as shiny as most top coats should be either. Not worth the money.

Top Rated OPI Products