Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent

3.2

on 1/20/2010 7:19:00 PM

Great and I love how it usually comes with the clinique bonuses (perfect travel size)
I wear contacts and this product does not irritate my eyes at all like other have. And as others said it's not oily at all and takes even the heaviest makeup off with no effort.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This stuff has been horrible!
It does absolutley nothing for me! I don't wear much eye makeup, but when I do, this stuff does not help take it off AT ALL. Cheap Baby Oil works so much better than this stuff does. It's like just using water. My waterproof mascara has never been removed with this, no matter how hard I scrub or tug or pull at my eyes/lashes. I would not recommend this at all.

I think this product is brilliant! It removes all my eye make-up and a little does go a long way. I find even if you get some in your eyes it doesn't sting. Also, unlike most other eye make-up removers, it doesn't leave that horrible oily residue everywhere!

on 12/15/2009 8:09:00 PM

This is a great eye make up remover! Im not a big fan of having to rub my eyes to get the make up off and with this I can just take a cleansing pad with some remover and dab my eyes with it and it takes off the make up and then I just rinse it off. I wear waterproof mascara and liner so this stuff works great! No rubbing and pulling on eyes to get the make up off! So I like it I've been using it for a while. It is pricey I guess and not really found in D/S. But if you ever happen to be at a clinique counter ask for samples they will probably give you some of this to try. Overall this product makes eye make up removing easy. I hate having to wash my face and still have raccoon eys.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best eye makeup remover, because it's oil free, and doesn't leave that icky residue most makeup removers do.

on 11/15/2009 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is awesome! it removes all my makeup, no stinging and it doesnt leave black circles! I always used lancome eye makeup remover, much more expensive and not half the quality! This is a great product!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm not understanding the hate here...

As a non-waterproof eye-makeup remover, it's great. Soak a pad, rest it on my eyelid for a few seconds, and then wipe. Repeat for the lashes. It leaves no residue, doesn't sting whatsoever, and gets the job done. I'll readily admit you'll want something stronger (read: oilier) for the waterproof stuff, but for day-to-day make-up, it's wonderful.

But what's really special about this solvent is the fact that it's GREAT for touch-ups. Mess up your liquid liner? Mascara rub off on your lid? Fallout just under your eyes? Q-tip + this stuff = problem solved. Won't muss the rest of your hard work and because there's no residue, the skin is set for reapplication. That alone justifies the purchase as I'm always playing with new (and thus unpredictable) stuff.

on 10/31/2009 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Horrible product. I just used this tonight, swiped my eyes with a soaked cotton ball, then used another (dry one) to take it all off. It removed 1/2 my makeup, then when I "rinsed-off" I had complete raccoon eyes from the left overs..I don't even use waterproof mascara. It also stings irritates when it gets into your eyes. Rimmels super cheap remover works better than this.

on 10/31/2009 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using the Clinique eye makeup remover in the blue bottle for 10+ years. I am surprised to see some reviews where users complain that this product stings their eyes. I have super sensitive eyes and I can only point out that for me, this is the most gentle eye makeup remover I have ever used, no stinging whatsoever here. It does remove even Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliners and longwear cream eye shadows. I use round cotton pads which I soak with the remover, gently press on my eyes for a second and then softly wipe off my eye makeup. No residue, no burn, does the job really well. I have also tried Clinique's Take The Day Off in the purple bottle which works even faster but I am not a fan of "oily" removers (even if the bottle says "oil-free" they contain some kind of oily substance that will leave a residue on the eyes). Over the years I have seen the price of Clinique's remover steadily go up, it is now at $16.50 per bottle. Recently, I have been trying to find something similar in drugstores, but all I found are the biphasic "oily" types of removers, so until I find a more affordable dupe I will continue to repurchase.

on 9/30/2009 7:28:00 AM

I really like this cleanser, it works to remove most of my eye makeup. I often use long wear/waterproof makeup and it removes most of it. I really like the no oily residue aspect because often I want to reapply make up directly after cleansing. I am using a sample but I will definitely purchase when I run out.