December 22, 2014 | 1638 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - 7 Day Scrub Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I am actually using Dermalogica Microfoliant religiously but on days when I need a more intensive exfoliation I will turn to the 7Day Scrub Cream. Goes on smooth and creamy (I usually apply on dry face to intensify the scrubbing sensation). Scrub beads are tiny but moderately scratchy. Might not be suitable for blemished skins though. I use it around my lips to keep the soft and supple too. I like it that it is gentle enough for everyday use and does not dry out my skin at all despite using it twice a day sometimes. Good to have, not a must have.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Harriet1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I rarely use physical exfoliants as I don't think it is good to aggravate the skin by rubbing it with something harsh. Having said that, I have had this product for a long long time in my cupboard and I just use it when my skin feels a bit dull or congested. I agree with other reviewers though that it feels harsh when you apply it, but I am just careful not to rub too much. It does leave a very very slight film on my face but I usually use witch hazel toner to remove that. I'm also unsure what the "7 day" part means- use it every day of the week? Once every 7 days? Never on the 7th day of the month? 7? Who knows. I would never use this every day though as I think it would be far too aggravating. Overall, I will continue to use it, but I think there are cheaper equivalents out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by naeevee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Luckily, I got this product from a sample set a while back. I wanted to find a good scrub/exfoliant to use while on vacation and brought along the sample with me. It feels good on the face but sadly the results are not the same :/ It broke me out and made my face all red. Terrible! Definitely do not recommend for those with sensitive, acne-prone skin like myself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not impressed with this scrub at all. As previous reviewers mentioned it break you out if you are prone to break outs.

The granules are finely milled which is a plus but it feels like they are suspended in a very rich and oily cream base. My skin also looks red and irritated after using it.

I would rather use Nivea or St Ives scrub which is much nicer IMHO and save myself lots of money!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by lalu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not for everyday use as it claims. If you have an acne prone skin like me , you would break out from this. I don't think the formulation is balanced good enough. It should be exfoliating without leaving you dry but it moisturizes too much that you start having cystic acne. It might work for dry skin though or just use it once in a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by amias1

Am I glad I didn't go out and buy a full version of this product! It broke me out terribly, and that's not a norm for me with products. It worked okay as a scrub in general, but I think there are better alternatives and which are probably cheaper! I like the biore sensitive skin scrub!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by maserati

I had flaky skin due to the acne treating products i use. I thought this would help me clear some of the flaking and give me a better complexion. This product is just too harsh. Maybe they can justify that being that you're only suppose to use it every 7 days. I found it really irritation upon the first use. I couldnt bring myself to use it again. Also i found that it didnt wash off cleanly and it left a film on my face. Bottom line is that i wont be purchasing this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this for a few years and I always have it around. A very good scrub, in my opinion.
I find it to be pretty gentle. Some say it's too abrasive, but I think that if you're gentle when massaging it in, it works just fine. I love this product, but I only gave it a 4 because the directions aren't very clear. How I use it: I wet my face well with warm water, and massage my face in light circular motions with about two pea sized amounts. I then rinse it all off. This works well enough for me. I try not to use to much product, and even though it is expensive and the bottle isn't all that big, one bottle usually last me a few months.
Overall, I think this is a great, gentle scrub. I just wish it was a little cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ombre39

I was switching to a clinique range so I decided to try this scrub along with the oily skin cleanser, emergency rescue mask and total turnaround cream. this scrub contains small particles that feels quite abrasive on my skin. I find it quite painful when I use it. There aren't clear instructions as to how it is suppose to be used( damp or dry skin?).When I use it on dry skin I find it too abrasive and difficult to massage in circular movements. When I wet my skin a little bit the particles seem to become runny on my skin & it becomes painful to massage my skin. maybe im using too much force to massage my skin but I feel I need to apply a certain amount of pressure to ensure that my pores are unclogged. I suggest dermalogica scrub. Its less painful to use and my skin feels cleaner afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This scrub is effective at providing light exfoliation and cleaning out the pores. The polishing grains within it aren't overly harsh like some other scrubs out there on the market. Also, the product doesn't have any noticeable smell to it either.

Overall, this product does work pretty well. However, I do not use it everyday. Instead, I will use it either 1 or 2 times a week instead, As,it's never good to over scrub one's skin.