January 30, 2015 | 1843 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Brookewannabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I always used Clinique when I was about 19 for a few years after buying this whn the mua got me my color I tried it at home and hated it! She'd given me a color so orange I never purchased Clinique again.

I'm now going to be 29 all those years I've tried many many many foundations. Every mac. Every dior 3 Estée Lauder. Lancôme. Mufe many more including cheaper brands.
Yep I spent a lot!!! The most expensive was probably Jane iredale or mufe I paid £30 each

Anyhoo. For some reason and trying every brand in boots and house of Fraser I visited Clinique stand today. I was unsure on what I wanted but I knew I didn't want the super balanced again after last time.
After telling the mua what finish and skin type and coverage I was she tested a few on my hand to see the coverage and finish. She then reached for this! I thought how can I tell her no! Anyhow she matched my color. And tested it on me. I had no makeup on so I figure this is the best way to try a foundation

Guess what. I had a look and purchased it right away!!
Normally i um and ahh about a foundation when I've had it applied by one of the ladies if I purchased it and tried it in at home my way if find I hated it and it made me look orange.

I got home and tried this. I loved it!!!
For me and a foundation I like. A decent coverage but I have no acne or scarring my face does have a little redness and a have very faint freckles probably from the sunbeds. I wanted something to hide these things. But I don't want sheer an I don't want full. Full just looks cakey obvious I'm wearing makeup. Basically I want my face to be natural, covered but look as if I don't wear anything haha. I want that perfect airbrush magazine cover face! And this actually gave me it!!!

It was only 21.50! To me that's cheap considering what if normally pay.

It gave me coverage without that thickness ESP round my eyes. My foundation always dries there and looks cakey.
This gave me a even coverage. Left me dewy but semi matte. Like natural skin is. It covers good! But lets your skin show through while covering what you want to hide
It blended beautiful. Easiest to apply I've ever used!!!

I'd definately reccomend this to anyone just give stuff a second chance. I'm so glad I did. I think I may actually finish this bottle and purchase another!!

Last time I repurchased the same foundation was about 2 years ago so that's an idea of how many different foundations I've tried out and yes they are all still full stored away. :)

The only reason I hadn't given 5 stars is because I haven't seen its staying power. And the glass bottle can be annoying ESP with no pump. But for a decent foundation I don't care what container it comes in!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Stationary

I had this awhile ago in the colour Petal which matched my skin tone almost perfectly at the time, it's great if you're looking for a liquid foundation with medium coverage. It definitely does not cover that well, and the formula is quite watery

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a mediocre foundation. I like that it seems to melt into my skin without leaving a heavy or caked look. It blends like a dream and covers most imperfections. It does, however, become an oil-slick by mid-day. Also, as the day wears on, this foundation starts to settle into my skin and make my pores look huge. The finish is satiny and never tacky feeling. I will not be repurchasing this foundation because I feel like it's drug-store quality at a higher price. Not worth the money.

***Beware...you will want to definitely purchase a pump to go with this foundation. The hole at the top of the bottle is ridiculously small and it's near impossible to pour out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by c00kiezryummy

Skin type: combo oily. minimal blemishes and slight redness on cheeks and around nose. light-medium
Shade: 34 nude beige and natural 2.5 in powder

This is a good everyday foundation for someone that does not need too much coverage. It states medium coverage and feels true to that. Very buildable. Gives a natural everyday look.

Alot of people complain about the packaging.
BUT, you can purchase a pump for 6 bucks at the counter or online

I was battling between this and the acne foundation. They both looked very nice and similar on the skin. But the acne one doesnt blend as well because of the formulation. You have to be quick and I dont like being rushed when applying. Superbalanced goes on so smooth and you actually use less than you think you would need. It covers my slight redness on my cheeks really well and does not look flaky on my skin at all when building the coverage. It actually looks just as great in the evening as it did shortly after applying in the morning :) I apply with a regular foundation brush or a stipple brush and on occasion a foundation sponge. I set it with superbalanced powder and it gives a natural matte finish to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by cheliocheerio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am pretty impressed with this foundation. Because my skin is oily, liquid foundation was never the best thing for me. Anyway, I decided to give this a shot and it worked really well. I like to go for the natural look and this really evens out my skin tone. Unlike many foundations, it doesn't make my face all shiny and oily after a few hours of wearing. I will have to dab with oil blotting sheets after 4 or 5 hours but it works for me.

The one I bought, Linen tone, was a little too dark for my skin. I didnt really want to send $28 to waste so i mixed a small amount with a little bit of my concealer, Maybelline's 24 Hour Super Stay, and VOILA it turned out perfect.

I don't use primer just because I'm living off a paycheck of a student so I decided why not use something that won't need a primer? the less products, the cheaper.

Anyway, biggest con for me, besides MY horrible choice of shade, is the packaging. it takes too much effort from my early mornings to have to tilt the cute little bottle and wait for a decent amount of foundation to come out without over pouring.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Kurbiskonigin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this hoping to get a good quality foundation to wear for my 13 hour shifts at work. The first problem I had when I got home was the "professional makeup artist" picked and sold me a shade about 2 shades too dark, insisting she knew best and that it would be best for me. It's the colour of my skin in the dead of summer.

The second problem I had was it didn't cover much. It didn't cover any of the faint redness in my cheeks, or any acne. And it's not the sort you can layer on to get more coverage out of. I ended up needing to use WAY more concealer than I would have if I used Revlon Colorstay or even Bare Escentuals Matte.

It lasted okay, I did wear it for about 14 hours and it didn't look horrible by the end, but still not as good as other foundations I've tried.

One of the bonuses of this foundation is it feels incredible to apply, and feels soft and barely-there on the skin. I was able to blend it out well but needed to apply foundation to my neck and chest to get my skin to match. And it does what it says, for the most part - my skin stayed hydrated and healthy and full, while the oily parts stayed relatively satin-finished (and didn't really get shiny until the very end - blotting once and I was fine).

Not sure if I'll repurchase this. It'll work well for my skin this summer when I am darker and don't need as much coverage (my natural tan covers redness and helps diminish the look of acne spots), but right now it just isn't working for me at all.

The worst part about it is I can't return this stuff from where I got it from. It makes me too scared to try any other Clinique foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by hellostalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation because it sinks in well into my skin. I have some acne and also dry skin and this foundation works for both types! Sometimes when my skin was really dry it could look a little bit messy but most time it was great. Medium coverage so you would need a concealer to cover up blemish and stuff. The foundation lasts really long, which I didn't think it would do because of the package. I used a sponge to apply it but I think it would work with a brush as well. Definitely recommends it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by anaheartsmakeup

i think this is the best liquid foundation ever! it doesn't break me out and i love the coverage it gives me (medium coverage but i think you could build it up) and it looks very natural and pretty on the skin. it does seem as though there is very little product but it lasts a very long time. i do wish they could change the packaging and give it a pump so its easier to use. i will definitely will be repurchasing this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I was sooo happy 3 days ago when I got this as a sample and discovered that I LOVED the finish!! It's really thin, yes, but oh this really evens out uneven skin with enlarged pores and scars.... No, It's not full cover, more light....but still I'd be ready to buy it.....

if not....

...it seems to break me out???!!! Now I have wore this on the nose and chins, that usually are quite acne-free areas on my face, for 3 days. Today I discovered new small red bumps on my nose, and a HUGE cyst starting to grow under the skin on one of my chins, beside the nose. I never, ever get such "under-the-skin-cysts" on this area, so I'm really, really surprised!!

Well, it could be stress, lack of sleep, something I've eaten.... But...It's strange.... I know that I can react to silicones in products, and yes...this contains LOADS of them.....

I don't know what to do now, I was on my way to buy this.... But now ill have to heal the cyst and the new pimples..... :(

I think ill have to search for a silicone-free foundation, and how common is that?? :(

Still, I have to say I loved the finish of this product....

I'm NW15/NC15, and tried this in Alabaster, nr 27. This shade is beautiful....but just a little more to pink than yellow...but really beautiful!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by hellomorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best liquid foundation ever (for me)!! I used this foundation in my graduation day, and I was amazed cuz it doesn't make my skin cakey until the end of the day. Since it's no SPF, my face looks great on photo (no whitecast). My skin is normal to oily (combination), and this foundation doesn't make my face looks matte, but a lil' bit dewy which I LOVE it!! Anyway, I become curious with another Clinique's product!

Ps: I used smashbox photo finish hydrating as a prime.