Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

on 3/13/2013 1:06:00 PM

Quite skeptical of the claims of this foundation. My oily skin did not like it at all! It makes my face an oil slick within 2 hours, even when set heavily with powder. Light to medium coverage, most definitely. If you tried to build it up any higher (i.e. to match the coverage of Revlon Colorstay), it will cake, especially if you have oily skin! Clusters at the sides of my nose and feels very heavy after oil starts to build up, so much so that I feel like just taking a tissue and wiping it off. Transfers quite easily as well. I don't think it emphasizes flakes, as long as you use something like a beauty blender to dab the foundation on and not a brush to buff it in. The counter lady recommended it, but it is definitely not for me.

on 3/12/2013 10:50:00 AM

Eh. This was a hot mess for me. I've tried Clinique Anti-Blemish & Pore refining solutions foundation and neither worked for me. For some reason I kept telling myself to keep trying, so I picked up this hoping it would give me light coverage and work on my oily parts but also my dryness. I bought #27 Alabaster which is supposedly the lightest shade in the UK (Clinique lady was very wrong, the lightest shade is apparently beige chiffron>:|). Right, great, so I put it on and wasn't amazingly impressed at first. The colour was far too dark but it had nice, light coverage, weightless feel and a pretty nice dewy finish. But, an hour later I was a mess. The colour that was probably two shade too dark to begin with, was now about 4 shades darker and orange. (I DO NOT get why Clinique don't seem to know that pale people exist! The lightest shade in all the foundations I previously mentioned, were also way too dark..) It had also melted away in the oily parts of my face and went very patchy. But it had also accentuated every single dry patch on my face. It also seems to of given me quite a few clogged pores. As to it's claim that it reduces fine lines, I don't see it; I'm 23 and I do have a few very fine laughter lines and this did absolutely nothing to hide them, in fact after a few hours it had sunk into them and aged me about 10 years. All in all, this was an utter disaster for me and a complete waste of money. Definitely given up on Clinique! They do great foundations for sensitive skin, but c'mon, what about us sensitive skinned pale girls?! :(

on 3/8/2013 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I just started using accutane a little over a week ago and my face is already starting to experience that crazy dryness. My previous makeup which is for oily skin is not cutting it and went to look for a new makeup. The girl at ULTA had me try this. I got home and put it on it was disgusting. It didnt go on smooth and looked just aweful! I was mortified to go out. I would say if you have insanely dry skin...this is a NO GO!

on 3/5/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I think it had an almost powdery flexi-finish. Not shiny, somewhat matte and soft finish. But the texture did my skin no justice. My fine lines from dry winter skin were not noticeable but it made a couple of dents and bumps seem more pronounced. I think it even looked pore clogging. I have combination oily dry skin at the moment, with some kp. I wasn't satisfied with this foundation

on 3/1/2013 8:53:00 PM

I have been using this for a while now and am blown away at the way it makes my skin look: smooth, glowy, natural and fresh. It lasts all day too. I was a foundation junkie, always looking for something better but now I've found it! I gave the packaging only 3 stars though because they make you hand over another $7 for the pump, which is silly. I also gave the price a 2 because if you wait for the Clinique bonus times, it is totally worth the price of the foundation.

This is my HG foundation. It was a bit of a splurge at £23ish- before I discovered this I'd never normally spend more than £10 on a foundation but I borrowed Superbalanced from a friend and thought it was amazing. I use the shade Fair.
I'd say it was medium-full coverage. I use it because I have freckles which I really don't like and it gives my skin a really flawless appearance. Even though it gives good coverage, I don't feel like I'm wearing a foundation and it balances my combination skin really well. I feel much less oily in my T-zone with this.
I don't really like the packaging. It looks really nice and classy, but it isn't practical and it's always a pain to get the last bit of product out. It would be much better with a pump- I might see if I can find one that fits the bottle.
I'm on my 4th bottle of this foundation, and I use it everyday. On days when I want less coverage I wouldn't use it but it's a brilliant base for a full face of make up for the day or for flawless make up for a night out.

on 2/2/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I ran out of my standard Mac makeup and was considering trying something else. To be honest I only tried Clinique because it was one of only 2 counters that was open at the department store I was in at the time. It turns out it was meant to be. I advised the assistant that i had very dry skin after my pregnancy and needed something that hydrated and gave coverage, but wasn't too heavy. This was the product she recommended. The assistant found my exact colour, vanilla, which seemed funny as I have olive skin. When she showed me the results in the mirror I was so shocked - it looked like I'd had a makeover! She then put some blush on and I was hooked. I wore on my first day back at work after maternity leave and had so many comments on my glowing skin that I attribute to this product. i used the Super City SPF40 as a primer and I think this gave the foundation an extra oomph. I would recommend this foundation to all.

on 1/30/2013 9:50:00 PM

i wear 28 light. great product, makes you look poreless!! last all day, light to med coverage. good price, and no fragrance which is perfect for sensitive skin and dosnt make you break out at all A+

I always used Clinique when I was about 19 for a few years after buying this whn the mua got me my color I tried it at home and hated it! She'd given me a color so orange I never purchased Clinique again.

I'm now going to be 29 all those years I've tried many many many foundations. Every mac. Every dior 3 Estée Lauder. Lancôme. Mufe many more including cheaper brands.
Yep I spent a lot!!! The most expensive was probably Jane iredale or mufe I paid £30 each

Anyhoo. For some reason and trying every brand in boots and house of Fraser I visited Clinique stand today. I was unsure on what I wanted but I knew I didn't want the super balanced again after last time.
After telling the mua what finish and skin type and coverage I was she tested a few on my hand to see the coverage and finish. She then reached for this! I thought how can I tell her no! Anyhow she matched my color. And tested it on me. I had no makeup on so I figure this is the best way to try a foundation

Guess what. I had a look and purchased it right away!!
Normally i um and ahh about a foundation when I've had it applied by one of the ladies if I purchased it and tried it in at home my way if find I hated it and it made me look orange.

I got home and tried this. I loved it!!!
For me and a foundation I like. A decent coverage but I have no acne or scarring my face does have a little redness and a have very faint freckles probably from the sunbeds. I wanted something to hide these things. But I don't want sheer an I don't want full. Full just looks cakey obvious I'm wearing makeup. Basically I want my face to be natural, covered but look as if I don't wear anything haha. I want that perfect airbrush magazine cover face! And this actually gave me it!!!

It was only 21.50! To me that's cheap considering what if normally pay.

It gave me coverage without that thickness ESP round my eyes. My foundation always dries there and looks cakey.
This gave me a even coverage. Left me dewy but semi matte. Like natural skin is. It covers good! But lets your skin show through while covering what you want to hide
It blended beautiful. Easiest to apply I've ever used!!!

I'd definately reccomend this to anyone just give stuff a second chance. I'm so glad I did. I think I may actually finish this bottle and purchase another!!

Last time I repurchased the same foundation was about 2 years ago so that's an idea of how many different foundations I've tried out and yes they are all still full stored away. :)

The only reason I hadn't given 5 stars is because I haven't seen its staying power. And the glass bottle can be annoying ESP with no pump. But for a decent foundation I don't care what container it comes in!

on 1/23/2013 5:11:00 AM

I had this awhile ago in the colour Petal which matched my skin tone almost perfectly at the time, it's great if you're looking for a liquid foundation with medium coverage. It definitely does not cover that well, and the formula is quite watery